Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

You guys were talking about police in your area so...

California police - they drive conspicuously in the right lane of the freeway in traffic and pull people over by just popping up on them. So every 15-20 minutes you drive past someone who has been pulled over.

System: Thinkpad T460

You guys were talking about police in your area so...

California police - they drive conspicuously in the right lane of the freeway in traffic and pull people over by just popping up on them. So every 15-20 minutes you drive past someone who has been pulled over.

Meanwhile in Calgary, Canada... freeway cops are basically "drive as fast as you want as long as you're not causing wrecks or inconvenience to others, we'll be at Tim Horton's if you need us"

This is basically a Sunday drive for us on the Canadian autobahn...

yHu0HX4.jpg

"Rawr XD"

So I thought I'd try something different and bought this a week or so ago

lcmF6D0.jpg

465sEe1.jpg

odgriAE.jpg

SQaMPDY.jpg

Aaaand there's nothing I really like about it. Not that comfortable for me, power is meh, gas mileage is awful and requires premium... selling it and buying a $500 Corolla that a friend is selling me, and putting the rest of the money in my pocket for other more useful things.

@Bubblewhale likes them though so tag him in this nonsense

"Rawr XD"

So I thought I'd try something different and bought this a week or so ago

Aaaand there's nothing I really like about it. 

@Bubblewhale likes them though so tag him in this nonsense

Yep, i like E46 cars.

Yep, i like E46 cars.

Thought the show off your setup thread would have taught people to not quote multiple big pics but guess not alrighty then

"Rawr XD"

Thought the show off your setup thread would have taught people to not quote multiple big pics but guess not alrighty then

Because i rarely ever go to pic threads...

There you go anyway.

Also @thekeemo it was only $1000 cheaper then what I sold the Equinox for, which was pretty much negated by the amount of money I put in it to fix the bearings, so yeah, most regretful decision I've made in a while

"Rawr XD"

Also @thekeemo it was only $1000 cheaper then what I sold the Equinox for, which was pretty much negated by the amount of money I put in it to fix the bearings, so yeah, most regretful decision I've made in a while

well damn. Chances are its horrible in winter too.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

well damn. Chances are its horrible in winter too.

It's probably better tbh, the tires aren't bald like the ones on the Equinox were, and it's also AWD.

"Rawr XD"

It's probably better tbh, the tires aren't bald like the ones on the Equinox were, and it's also AWD.

would you trade a '99 maxima fully loaded for it? Near new winter tires on it and new brake disks new suspension too.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You obviuosly don't have bonds with your cars. You wouldn't know how it would feel if your car that you dumped thousands of dollars were to be stolen, and then worst case scenario, your car would be totally gutted. if it were me, it would totally shatter my heart.

There's a difference between having a bond and learning to let something go because it doesn't fucking matter it's just a car at the end of the day.

Meanwhile in Calgary, Canada... freeway cops are basically "drive as fast as you want as long as you're not causing wrecks or inconvenience to others, we'll be at Tim Horton's if you need us"

This is basically a Sunday drive for us on the Canadian autobahn...

-162km/h-

How I want to drive that fast... (if only the roads here were better and the cops less hungry)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/433690-mini-news-ea-reveals-the-first-set-of-cars-for-the-new-need-for-speed-game/#entry5812630

What do you guys think about the next NFS?

I honestly just want more customization and louder engine revs, and less cop chases that are way too easy to win

But EA will most probably f**k it up

And the always online is complete s**t

Question to the LTT's garage :

Soon , ill have my driving licence and i need to pick a car .

I was looking into Saab cars becasue i want somthing that was made in sweden and its a new modle .

So saab came into my mind .

I was thinking to buy the new Saab 9-5 Aero : http://www.nettiauto.com/saab/9-5/7279328

OR the Saab 9-5 Vector : http://www.nettiauto.com/saab/9-5/7453366

im open to sugguestions and please do sugguest a First car for me that costs around 30 k euros.

Thanks and stay groovie :D

(⌐■_■) 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/433690-mini-news-ea-reveals-the-first-set-of-cars-for-the-new-need-for-speed-game/#entry5812630

What do you guys think about the next NFS?

I honestly just want more customization and louder engine revs, and less cop chases that are way too easy to win

But EA will most probably f**k it up

And the always online is complete s**t

Its looking better than Rivals so far but still very arcadey

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Its looking better than Rivals so far but still very arcadey

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT  ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 

No interior camera tho -__________________________________________-

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I also need this ;-;

~~

I kind of want a MY15 R3, but that's $5K CAD that could go into buying my WRX hatch :(

2015-Yamaha-YZF-R320-EU-Race-Blu-Static-

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Chrysler is dropping the Hemi engines from the SRT cars, in favor of turbocharged I4 and V6's.

hellcat-2019-2.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/srt-hellcat-hemi-engines-might-not-survive-2019-173010561.html

We live in an era of increasingly stringent fuel economy regulations and consumer expectations of higher and higher MPGs. In response, automakers are downsizing engines, and Dodge’s parents company Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is no different. According to MotorAuthority, that sourced JeepTrackhawkForums, FCA is set to drop all Hemi V8 engines from the SRT lineup. That includes the 6.4-liter V8, as well as the at-issue 6.2-liter unit.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       So what will power SRT vehicles going forward? Apparently future SRT offerings will be propelled by either a turbocharged inline-4, or a turbo V6. Automakers all over the world are getting 300 and 600 horsepower, respectively, from these types of engine setups, so it’s not all that insane. With future cars guaranteed to be lighter and more focused on cornering than straight-line power, this is likely to be a winning combination. Really, when has SRT let down the enthusiast community?

I understand the reasoning, but I dont think they will sell as well as long as the competitors are still using large displacement V8's. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro