Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Turbo back  ;)

npovjig.jpg

Will it fit on my Honda?

77f7Ux8.png

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Some guy trashed a Hellcat a hour after buying it...

"i'm just going to give it a bit of gas down this straight. What could possibly go wrong"

*Foot down* *New tires don't grip as well* *Crying man at side of road*

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well here's the story of what happened when my mom drove the Mercedes if you weren't there during Tinychat time.

Me: *sitting in backseat w/ bro giggling at mom driving*

Mom: *stops at a stop sign*

Dad: Now, honey, give it a little gas...

Mom: *pushes gas pedal in slightly*

Car: *shoots forward*

Mom: HOLY SHIT

Normally she drives our i4 TSX so she wasn't used to the fact that a Mercedes V8 will really kick if you give it the amount of gas that an i4 needs to launch.

My favorite kind of car is:
1. American
2. Rear Wheel Drive w/ Longitudinal Engine Mounting
3. Full Framed/Body on Frame
4. V8/ or Diesel

I love the feel of riding in full-framed vehicles especially the rigidity and the lower noise compared to a unibody. I adore RWD and all the characteristics that come with it (in a snowy state). I love the sound of American V8s and turbo I-6 Diesels.

My preferences led me to purchase a 2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71 from the Forest Lake, MN Police Dept. At the time of my purchase the car had 85,000 miles on it; now it has 92,500 on the odometer. I will be rebuilding the suspension over the coming months and I plan on doing some engine work to get my compression ratio to 13:1 so I can run more efficiently on E85. This car is mainly used for commuting between North Dakota and Minnesota and cruising the streets of Grand Forks. The 4.6L V8 has enough power for anything I've been able to throw at it. The fastest I've gotten up to in this thing is 121 mph and it was as smooth as butter.

As it sits in my driveway today:
IMG_20141221_144620617_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141221_144636047.jpg

IMG_20141221_144646028_HDR.jpg

Cold Start:

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

My favorite kind of car is:

1. American

2. Rear Wheel Drive w/ Longitudinal Engine Mounting

3. Full Framed/Body on Frame

4. V8/ or Diesel

I love the feel of riding in full-framed vehicles especially the rigidity and the lower noise compared to a unibody. I adore RWD and all the characteristics that come with it (in a snowy state). I love the sound of American V8s and turbo I-6 Diesels.

My preferences led me to purchase a 2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71 from the Forest Lake, MN Police Dept. At the time of my purchase the car had 85,000 miles on it; now it has 92,500 on the odometer. I will be rebuilding the suspension over the coming months and I plan on doing some engine work to get my compression ratio to 13:1 so I can run more efficiently on E85. This car is mainly used for commuting between North Dakota and Minnesota and cruising the streets of Grand Forks. The 4.6L V8 has enough power for anything I've been able to throw at it. The fastest I've gotten up to in this thing is 121 mph and it was as smooth as butter.

As it sits in my driveway today:

-snip

Do you ever get mistaken as a cop?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Do you ever get mistaken as a cop?

Everyday. Whenever other drivers see me coming up behind them they always tend to slow down and avoid changing lanes. Whenever I drive through the city at night thugs run the other direction. At college, drunk kids hide behind trees when they see me drive by.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Works in a car repair shop, doesn't know shit about cars. Scumbag Fred.

Anyway that aside my favorite vehicle would have to be a Tesla Model S. Electric Cars are Acceptable right? Not your traditional gasoline engine. 

dsc03590.jpg

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

can i talk about HORSES!? :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

can i talk about HORSES!? :D

hahahahahahaah no. You can talk about horsepower if you wish

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Works in a car repair shop, doesn't know shit about cars. Scumbag Fred.

Anyway that aside my favorite vehicle would have to be a Tesla Model S. Electric Cars are Acceptable right? Not your traditional gasoline engine. 

I love the tesla but everyone i know hates it, not sure why but low emissions = feminine 

Im not sure why but i guess killing the atmosphere and delayed torque is manly.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Everyday. Whenever other drivers see me coming up behind them they always tend to slow down and avoid changing lanes. Whenever I drive through the city at night thugs run the other direction. At college, drunk kids hide behind trees when they see me drive by.

I get mistaken for a cop all the time too...Does it count if you are a cop to be mistaken for one? Cause people mistake my off duty car for one.  

1996 Lumina 3.4L V6, I added a turbo and manual 4 speed. It makes about 300-320 HP. I also have quad exhaust. It was originally the police version (These came before crown vics), The picture is not my car, but looks just like it

21521620.jpg

This one is legit my car. 

AoYf0Cr.jpg

Audi and Italian cars wrecks everythang  B)

risky move putting down german, japanese and amer moving on you have just upset a lot of fanbases.

Listen if you care.

risky move putting down german, japanese and amer moving on you have just upset a lot of fanbases.

I just speak the truth :)

I just speak the truth :)

Or you can just love them all, as I do  :)

^

i love most cars, i dont like russian ones or the chinese knock offs.

Listen if you care.

i love most cars, i dont like russian ones or the chinese knock offs.

car-kick-fail-o.gif

What? how can you NOT like a car that falls apart like that? ^^

I get mistaken for a cop all the time too...Does it count if you are a cop to be mistaken for one? Cause people mistake my off duty car for one.  

1996 Lumina 3.4L V6, I added a turbo and manual 4 speed. It makes about 300-320 HP. I also have quad exhaust. It was originally the police version (These came before crown vics), so it has the light and whatnot. (The picture is not my car, but looks just like it)

=

This one is legit my car. 

=

I need to take the spotlight and the steelies off of my car sometime soon. I'm actually getting sick of being questioned about my "cop car" by every passer-by at gas stations and parking lots.

That thing is sweet! What kind of 4 speed is that?

I need to take the spotlight and the steelies off of my car sometime soon. I'm actually getting sick of being questioned about my "cop car" by every passer-by at gas stations and parking lots.

That thing is sweet! What kind of 4 speed is that?

Off the top of my head I do not remember, it is a chevy trans though, aftermarket but made by chevy. I do not mind people asking that, because I am a cop xD

Here is my Car: 

Here is the back (Yes the mirrors are so small you cannot see them, but they are there) 

eP8DJvw.jpg

Exhaust:

AoYf0Cr.jpg

Here is a Android Tablet I put in: 

cr7vYRI.jpg

Here is my receiver:

yBaG7Fn.jpg

Here is my Car: 

Here is the back (Yes the mirrors are so small you cannot see them, but they are there) 

Exhaust:

AoYf0Cr.jpg

Daaaaaamn. Those quad pipes though.. High roller right here  :P