Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

7M power

Seems like a lot of money to put in a 7m. I do agree that the MK3 has an awesome body style. I don't know if I could say its better than a MK4

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

oh i didnt realize they didnt have suspension lol.. thats terrible

Well.. it's not much of a suspension.

First stage of the transplant begines today. Car will not move under its own power until the new engine and trans is bolted in. Should be done before august.

20150713_185254.jpg

@Skybane

Blarg

First stage of the transplant begines today. Car will not move under its own power until the new engine and trans is bolted in. Should be done before august.

Done before August? Pssh, you need more beer and a weekend. :P

Done before August? Pssh, you need more beer and a weekend. :P

Well parts from this one are going in for powdercoating and then still have to finish building the new one.

Blarg

So ? where do you exactly start when it comes to cars ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Can someone help me find ricey headlights for a 94 S10?

Because of obvious reasons.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Not entirely. The frames aren't going to like the added stresses of box weight and hydraulics weight, suspension will add weight and everything introduces more points of failure too. You'd just be better off buying a cab-only commercial truck (with the fixed frame width for compatibility) instead of trying to strength a pickup.

You know what's even better? Flying through a forest over bumpy terrain in one of those.

The hydraulic system for raising the bed wouldn't add much weight. Add some bracing to the frame/thicken it a bit and add more heavy duty shocks.

The manufacturers should be able to do this fairly easily. Maybe as an option package on the larger trucks.

Seems like a lot of money to put in a 7m. I do agree that the MK3 has an awesome body style. I don't know if I could say its better than a MK4

The 7M is a cheaper initial investment than a JZ powered car which allows for some wiggle room to sort the block and head out.

MK3 supras are generally quite a bit cheaper than their MK4 counterparts so there is some extra money in there as well.

Both can be fairly reliable 500hp cars^^

So ? where do you exactly start when it comes to cars ?

Find something that interests you and read about it. More questions might pop up and then you just read up on that^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The hydraulic system for raising the bed wouldn't add much weight. Add some bracing to the frame/thicken it a bit and add more heavy duty shocks.

The manufacturers should be able to do this fairly easily. Maybe as an option package on the larger trucks.

That would easily add at least 500 pounds of weight to my truck, most likely more. There's just no real use to have it on a regular pickup truck. If you need it you would buy a commercial cab only platform and add to it.

no offense, but fuck you. also no offense, you're boring if you drive auto.

sorry i had to let it out

No need to get bitchy

I loled

I'm not driving for fun.. I don't even know if I enjoy driving yet.. but so far I haven't really.. but then again I haven't been on open road yet either.. *shrug*

Driving auto has less things for me to focus on when I drive and that is better for me.

I like driving on long road trips. I don't like having the need to poop in them though

I lurk on this thread when I'm bored lol

Your like boost you only come on when wanted or needed. So much irony.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

It probably will make its way to cars in due time.  KERS might also make its way into some cars in the future. I know that Volvo has already done some testing on it.

The P1, 918 and the LaFerrari already have a KERS system.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Kers is the curse of the modern hybrids because it will dramatically improve gas mileage.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

I'm still trying to realize the fact that I own my personal car now.

It will probably hit me like a brick once the bills start rolling in.

I like where this is going.

--snippedbythepowerofthor--

Twin engined hellcat charger? xD

Couldn't find more pics of  the charger with the hellcat in it.

But here is the comment that went with it

Gas Monkey won't do the junkyard build off challenge. There's no money in it for Rawlings. Instead, we told him we are already putting a Hellcat engine and Torqueflite eight-speed in General Mayhem (see the pic from Diversified Creations) so he should hit up Dodge for a drivetrain and we'll have a showdown. Gas Chicken Garage might man up and do it.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

If i ever drove a proper big old american car for cruises.

1977 pontiac grand prix

77_Pontiac-GrandPrix-DV-10-GM_002.jpg

If i ever drove a proper big old american car for cruises.

1977 pontiac grand prix

-snips-

Nah, '55 El Dorado

Cadillac_Eldorado_Special_%281955%29%2C_

'59 Galaxie

%2759_Ford_Galaxie_%28Auto_classique_Lav

'59 Thunderbird

1959_Ford_Thunderbird_Convertible.jpg

'60 El Camino

sucp_0712_03_z%2B1960_chevy_el_camino%2B

11188170_519874088167854_320867913167346

I remember when Gas Monkey Garage swapped a '15 Scat Pack engine into a 69 Challenger. pretty cool. even better if it were a hellcat.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Nah, '55 El Dorado

'59 Galaxie

'59 Thunderbird

'60 El Camino

I have never been very into the fintail american cars. But those look really comfortable during the cruising days in trollhättan. Just gliding over every bump^^

I remember when Gas Monkey Garage swapped a '15 Scat Pack engine into a 69 Challenger. pretty cool. even better if it were a hellcat.

Freiburger is trying to get them to accept a challenge where they use hellcat engines it seems..

I have never been very into the fintail american cars. But those look really comfortable during the cruising days in trollhättan. Just gliding over every bump^^

Oh one with proper suspension that's squishy is a dream to drive.

Oh one with proper suspension that's squishy is a dream to drive.

Yeah, but those engines are GINORMOUS. and compared to how much horsepower they make, i don't know if i like them. But i have ridden in one, and oh my god, it was so comfortable.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I think Mazda should try and start up a luxury car marque. If Toyota, Nissan, and Honda can do it, Mazda can too. They did try to start one during the 90s, but that quickly backfired. I think now would be a great time for Mazda to try one, considering how well they're doing now. IT would be pretty cool to base a luxury sedan off the Mazda 6 and see how it would look