Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I didn't see a place to ask in the forums... Are we allowed to ask for help with finding a car in this thread? I know you guys would surely have the knowledge.

I will be starting my second year of college and I am getting (unless I fail my drivers test  :unsure: ) a car in the $10k range.  I am thinking a hatchback smaller hatchback but you guys can convince me what ever go ahead.

Main things are 

1) reasonably comfortable
2) best gas mileage without having to turn off the AC to accelerate

I really don't want to get a 2 door (or I guess it might be 3 counting the hatch) unless a magical one exist that has 5 seats... I just would feel weird about getting a 4 seat car.

Right now I am thinking a Honda Fit .. but I don't think I can get it for $10k.. 

The chevy spark actually looks like it could be decent but it only has 4 seats.. and that is kind of lame..

Mazda 3. Your search is over. 

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 16GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 / Dell SG2716DG / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

i5 2500K stock   /   8GB gskill sniper  /  EVGA P67 SLI Micro  /  EVGA GTX 660

I didn't see a place to ask in the forums... Are we allowed to ask for help with finding a car in this thread? I know you guys would surely have the knowledge.

I will be starting my second year of college and I am getting (unless I fail my drivers test  :unsure: ) a car in the $10k range.  I am thinking a hatchback smaller hatchback but you guys can convince me what ever go ahead.

Main things are 

1) reasonably comfortable
2) best gas mileage without having to turn off the AC to accelerate

I really don't want to get a 2 door (or I guess it might be 3 counting the hatch) unless a magical one exist that has 5 seats... I just would feel weird about getting a 4 seat car.

Right now I am thinking a Honda Fit .. but I don't think I can get it for $10k.. 

The chevy spark actually looks like it could be decent but it only has 4 seats.. and that is kind of lame..

5th gen GTI, or if possible, a Mazdaspeed 3. Though the MS3 has atrocious torque steer. Or you can try a Fiat 500.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Mazda 3. Your search is over.

I honestly would prefer a hatchback but you can try to convince me otherwise.. also dunno if you could get that for $10k

5th gen GTI, or if possible, a Mazdaspeed 3. Though the MS3 has atrocious torque steer. Or you can try a Fiat 500.

I don't know what the 5th gen of GTI is. .what year is it?

The Mazdaspeed's gas millage seems pretty bad to me imo. 

Funny you speak of a fiat 500 my brother picked up a 2013 a few days ago for his first car.

I honestly would prefer a hatchback but you can try to convince me otherwise.. also dunno if you could get that for $10k

Funny you speak of a fiat 500 my brother picked up a 2013 a few days ago for his first car.

You can get hatch 3s. I just got a sedan for 10k. 

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 16GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 / Dell SG2716DG / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

You can get hatch 3s. I just got a sedan for 10k. 

If you can get the hatch for $10k color me interested.

What year / millage did you manage to get for $10k? 

If you can get the hatch for $10k color me interested.

What year / millage did you manage to get for $10k? 

2010 with 97k. 

And some WD40 on the brakes to make it go faster? xD

Did you guys get 5.56 spray over there too. It worked faster than WD40 for me

This stuff? Never seen it before.

Excuse me

:lol:

That is a lot of miles isn't it? 

I could be wrong though.. 

No, not really. These cars don't really have major problems. Just motor mount issues cause its a ford design. 

No, not really. These cars don't really have major problems. Just motor mount issues cause its a ford design. 

Hmm well I'll keep that in mind 

Really for a turbocharged car, it's not that bad. Most get around 22-25 highway. This gets 29 average, but if you baby it, it's probably gonna be in the mid 30s if you don't drive aggresively, for an MS3. The 5th gen GTI spawns from 2006 to 2009.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Really for a turbocharged car, it's not that bad. Most get around 22-25 highway. This gets 29 average, but if you baby it, it's probably gonna be in the mid 30s if you don't drive aggresively, for an MS3. The 5th gen GTI spawns from 2006 to 2009.

Does it change anything if I'm driving auto? 

Does it change anything if I'm driving auto? 

The MS3 is only manual, but really i don't think it affects it much anymore.

Really, i had wished i had gone to WEKFEST 2015 today in San Jose. Guess i just forgot about it. Oh well, there's always next year.

Ah well I'll be getting something that is auto. 

*highfive* Anything that may steam terry's beans is fun by me.

Hehe.

Ah well I'll be getting something that is auto. 

no offense, but fuck you. also no offense, you're boring if you drive auto.

sorry i had to let it out

no offense, but fuck you. also no offense, you're boring if you drive auto.

sorry i had to let it out

Auto mustard race.

Auto mustard race.

autos should never exist on earth.

autos should never exist on earth.

Seriously though, don't call the guy an asshole because he wants an auto (or anything thereof). There's nothing wrong with them.

Seriously though, don't call the guy an asshole because he wants an auto (or anything thereof). There's nothing wrong with them.

that's why i said no offense. it's my opinion.

that's why i said no offense. it's my opinion.

"No offense" is an oxymoron with how it's used.

ok i forgot to mention,  i tried to fix the damaged fender on our protege using a rubber mallet to try to work out the dings, but it just ended up making it worse. he totally removed the fender flares (not that there was much, but a little bit) so now it's totally flat, and now the whole fender is overall warped. i think we need to really replace it rather than fix it.