Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I honestly would prefer a hatchback but you can try to convince me otherwise.. also dunno if you could get that for $10k

I don't know what the 5th gen of GTI is. .what year is it?

The Mazdaspeed's gas millage seems pretty bad to me imo. 

Funny you speak of a fiat 500 my brother picked up a 2013 a few days ago for his first car.

Really for a turbocharged car, it's not that bad. Most get around 22-25 highway. This gets 29 average, but if you baby it, it's probably gonna be in the mid 30s if you don't drive aggresively, for an MS3. The 5th gen GTI spawns from 2006 to 2009.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Really for a turbocharged car, it's not that bad. Most get around 22-25 highway. This gets 29 average, but if you baby it, it's probably gonna be in the mid 30s if you don't drive aggresively, for an MS3. The 5th gen GTI spawns from 2006 to 2009.

Does it change anything if I'm driving auto? 

Does it change anything if I'm driving auto? 

The MS3 is only manual, but really i don't think it affects it much anymore.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Really, i had wished i had gone to WEKFEST 2015 today in San Jose. Guess i just forgot about it. Oh well, there's always next year.

The MS3 is only manual, but really i don't think it affects it much anymore.

Ah well I'll be getting something that is auto. 

*highfive* Anything that may steam terry's beans is fun by me.

Hehe.

no offense, but fuck you. also no offense, you're boring if you drive auto.

sorry i had to let it out

Auto mustard race.

Auto mustard race.

autos should never exist on earth.

autos should never exist on earth.

Seriously though, don't call the guy an asshole because he wants an auto (or anything thereof). There's nothing wrong with them.

Seriously though, don't call the guy an asshole because he wants an auto (or anything thereof). There's nothing wrong with them.

that's why i said no offense. it's my opinion.

that's why i said no offense. it's my opinion.

"No offense" is an oxymoron with how it's used.

ok i forgot to mention,  i tried to fix the damaged fender on our protege using a rubber mallet to try to work out the dings, but it just ended up making it worse. he totally removed the fender flares (not that there was much, but a little bit) so now it's totally flat, and now the whole fender is overall warped. i think we need to really replace it rather than fix it.

At least replacing it should be easy, just snapping it in to place for the most part.

At least replacing it should be easy, just snapping it in to place for the most part.

yeah, trying to put back a warped fender is not fun :/// screw holes weren't lining up, full of sharp edges, it wasn't easy. but i think it's gonna be temporary till i find a replacement, maybe at a scrapyard or something. plus i need to find an indicator for it since it fell off after the crash.

yeah, trying to put back a warped fender is not fun :/// screw holes weren't lining up, full of sharp edges, it wasn't easy. but i think it's gonna be temporary till i find a replacement, maybe at a scrapyard or something. plus i need to find an indicator for it since it fell off after the crash.

Well, at least there's plenty of those around.

Well, at least there's plenty of those around.

but surprisingly, beige proteges are pretty hard to come by, even harder in a scrapyard. :(

but surprisingly, beige proteges are pretty hard to come by, even harder in a scrapyard. :(

Order a can of color correct spray paint?

Order a can of color correct spray paint?

probably gonna take too long to sand down the old paint, apply primer, and repaint it while making it look good. plus i might have to replace the doors on the passenger side, since those have pretty bad damage too.

I loled

I'm not driving for fun.. I don't even know if I enjoy driving yet.. but so far I haven't really.. but then again I haven't been on open road yet either.. *shrug* 

Driving auto has less things for me to focus on when I drive and that is better for me.

I loled

I'm not driving for fun.. I don't even know if I enjoy driving yet.. but so far I haven't really.. but then again I haven't been on open road yet either.. *shrug* 

Driving auto has less things for me to focus on when I drive and that is better for me.

but if you start learning manual first, it will make automatic so much easier. Better than going auto then trying to learn manual later in life. i'm going with the former, learning how to drive stick first.

but if you start learning manual first, it will make automatic so much easier. Better than going auto then trying to learn manual later in life. i'm going with the former, learning how to drive stick first.

Driving manual.. makes driving auto easier..

k, 'splain dat

First time I drove an auto was with my father's AUDI. I panicked in the back of my head when there wasn't a clutch to press down and came to a not so smooth stop.

But after that one ride I got used to driving an auto. I still much prefer driving a stick and being in control of what gear I'm in without having a computer decide for me.

If I want to drive 35mph in fifth gear and accelerate without changing gear, then I will do that. The AUDI's is crap in that way. I can have it in the manual mode, but really isn't a full manual mode. As it changes gear if the RPM is too high or too low.

It also changes down by itself if you have it in manual mode and floor it.

Are there any good places to go off-roading in Europe like there are here in the States?

First time I drove an auto was with my father's AUDI. I panicked in the back of my head when there wasn't a clutch to press down and came to a not so smooth stop.

But after that one ride I got used to driving an auto. I still much prefer driving a stick and being in control of what gear I'm in without having a computer decide for me.

If I want to drive 35mph in fifth gear and accelerate without changing gear, then I will do that. The AUDI's is crap in that way. I can have it in the manual mode, but really isn't a full manual mode. As it changes gear if the RPM is too high or too low.

It also changes down by itself if you have it in manual mode and floor it.

A decent transmission would at least downshift for you so you can accelerate quicker. All depends on the mapping. :(

Are there any good places to go off-roading in Europe like there are here in the States?

A decent transmission would at least downshift for you so you can accelerate quicker. All depends on the mapping. :(

What I mean is, if you are in a manual mode. Then you don't want the computer to mess with anything. His AUDI downshift by itself when in manual mode and if you step on it.

I think BMW's newer auto gearboxes don't do that.