Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

But then it loses the appeal of it being a corvair. My neighbour sold his gremlin and peel p50 the other day. The people i know are great.

Yeah but I like living a little bit too much.

random stormy weather on terrible lousiana roads while using phone as a terrible dashcam footage, the link is at "The Good Part": 

https://youtu.be/B5X-q05wLxw?t=384

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So what do you think is better: One huge turbo or two slightly smaller turbos in parallel?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So what do you think is better: One huge turbo or two slightly smaller turbos in parallel?

Two smaller turbos, because the turbos will kick in at a lower RPM so you have more usable torque. Also if they're twin-scroll that's even better.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Like the Copen? those i consider kei cars. I think the smallest car in America was the Chevy Aveo, and that's about it. Nothing smaller than that atm.

Fiat. 500.

Not in my family it's not.

stop being asian

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

More cars and coffee pics in 12ish hours.

19599649936_71a264cc8f_o.jpgBMW E46's by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Two smaller turbo's. They spool up faster and gives you torque where it matters the most, in the low-end. Though, many cars with two turbo's have one for the low end, and the second one for mid/high end RPM.

If only straight 6 engines made a comeback. Stupid V6s had to exist.

So happy to have my E46 320 right now :)

*cough* BMW i8 *cough*

Saw one in on the highway yesterday. Another one earlier this week.

...With a baby seat in the passenger seat...

OK, i kinda really want a camry now. Sure, they don't look cool and they don't go fast either, but they are what made Toyota a big brand here in America, especially the 4th gen Camry, and plus the early models were super reliable. Plus, used ones on craigslist are cheap and so are parts since they're so common

Camry 's have the worst driving experience ever. Yea they are comfy and reliable. You absolutely feel nothing when driving it. We had a 2005 with the 2.4

The new ones are super nice.

What were you talking about?

Why was the corvair undrivable?

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

What were you talking about?

Why was the corvair undrivable?

Uhh...?

Uhh...?

I'm too lazy to go back and find why I quoted your post.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

I'm too lazy to go back and find why I quoted your post.

I was talking about the new Camry in that one.

Oh now I remembered the thing about Toyota 's is that you feel nothing when driving them even the auris corolla camry the scion I'm that's coming the the US. Just nothing. Yea they are comfy light clutch still no feeling.

BTW is it unreasonable for me to find 02 impreza rs for more than 3200 just too God damn expensive? Don't even want to talk about the wrx 's so no subie for me anytime soon.

Fiat. 500.

Smart Fortwo not any smaller? 

Yes I know it's as slow as a turtle even turbocharged lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Two smaller turbo's. They spool up faster and gives you torque where it matters the most, in the low-end. Though, many cars with two turbo's have one for the low end, and the second one for mid/high end RPM.

OK, then explain to me why most of the turboed cars on Speedhunters go with a single huge turbo instead of a twin turbo setup.

Saw one in on the highway yesterday. Another one earlier this week.

...With a baby seat in the passenger seat...

Hey, if you want your child to have fun early, better have it in a fun car.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

OK, then explain to me why most of the turboed cars on Speedhunters go with a single huge turbo instead of a twin turbo setup.

Hey, if you want your child to have fun early, better have it in a fun car.

More like, clown car.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

What should I do, get an MS6 a year after i get my license (bc i need to save up), or should I wait and get the possible third gen Mazdaspeed 3? I'm tempted to wait for the new MS3 if it comes out because it's engine makes upward of 300hp, but then again, it's slightly larger, and plus, it's got a 4wd system, i hope permanent 4wd, not something like the MS6 had, or at least a button or something to direct the power. I suppose it's to solve the hellacious torque steer the first two gens had. I just hope it also comes with great interior features, like navi, leather, moonroof, etc.

With a brand new car it'll be too expensive to own unless you have really rich parents to pay for it. I'm talking about 600 dollars a month payments for the brand new ms3

What should I do, get an MS6 a year after i get my license (bc i need to save up), or should I wait and get the possible third gen Mazdaspeed 3? I'm tempted to wait for the new MS3 if it comes out because it's engine makes upward of 300hp, but then again, it's slightly larger, and plus, it's got a 4wd system, i hope permanent 4wd, not something like the MS6 had, or at least a button or something to direct the power. I suppose it's to solve the hellacious torque steer the first two gens had. I just hope it also comes with great interior features, like navi, leather, moonroof, etc.

I'd get the MS6.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

With a brand new car it'll be too expensive to own unless you have really rich parents to pay for it. I'm talking about 600 dollars a month payments for the brand new ms3

IK, but maybe the dealer has promotions for the car, who knows?

I'd get the MS6.

But the MS3 uses the more efficient Skyactiv platform though, and it makes more power stock. I don't wanna spend too much money to get an MS6 to 300hp, though it's like an extra 30 or so

IK, but maybe the dealer has promotions for the car, who knows?

But the MS3 uses the more efficient Skyactiv platform though, and it makes more power stock. I don't wanna spend too much money to get an MS6 to 300hp, though it's like an extra 30 or so

The MS6 costs less. And you'd get it earlier. Unless you like to hear your wallet cry while you walk... :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

The MS6 costs less. And you'd get it earlier. Unless you like to hear your wallet cry while you walk... :P

But the MS3 would probably be more practical being a hatchback. But really i can't get an MS6 earlier. I need the money. And it seems like i'm gonna have to pay the full cost of 7-9K, depending on the exact car. Working at starbucks at near minimum wage, that's gonna take a while.

You don't have your license yet?

Oh man. Get a shit box and don't think about financing until you get out of college. You don't know how much loans you're going to accumulate over college. Anyway it wouldn't be you financing it, it would be your parents because you likely aren't 18 yet. 

Brand new MS3 next year plus insurance would be around 1k for somebody like you a month probably...

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

You don't have your license yet?

Oh man. Get a shit box and don't think about financing until you get out of college. You don't know how much loans you're going to accumulate over college. Anyway it wouldn't be you financing it, it would be your parents because you likely aren't 18 yet. 

Brand new MS3 next year plus insurance would be around 1k for somebody like you a month probably...

OK, i guess it's still MS6 it is. I hope in the coming years, the MS3 would still exist.

OK, i guess it's still MS6 it is. I hope in the coming years, the MS3 would still exist.

If you can afford to buy it outright, sure. You do not want debt going into college, and you don't want bad credit coming out of college because when you can actually afford a car it'll make it extremely difficult. I'm 23 out of college with a good income and good credit. It was hard to finance my car simply because I am a first time car buyer. APR is high because of that. Fortunately I'm financed through a good local CU so I can refinance down the road... if I want to.