Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Stroll is fine. Watch the race highlight if you want a good laugh. I don't think they're coming back to Mugello anytime soon...

I like Mugello so much

943-1552501755-29218372.png

The race was an absolute shitshow tho :megaLUL:

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I like Mugello so much

943-1552501755-29218372.png

The race was an absolute shitshow tho :megaLUL:

*cries in Williams first point*

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

Picking up my car tonight from @MadyTehWolfie who spent last week giving my focus the Myabi + ISM 1.0 (2.0 wasnt available) treatment. Will have photos probably tomorrow if he doesnt beat me to it!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Picking up my car tonight from @MadyTehWolfie who spent last week giving my focus the Myabi + ISM 1.0 (2.0 wasnt available) treatment. Will have photos probably tomorrow if he doesnt beat me to it!

Nah I'll let you have the glory lol Car came out super nice with the polish and the coating! 👍

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Almost freaking done with this stupid trans cooler. Didn't have two odd size standard wrenches at home over the weekend for the fittings at the cooler.

20200914_195851.jpg

Random question, but I figured some car guys might know. 

Any suggestings for good spray paint that doesn't chip on Metal? I need a paint a power supply that will be frequently moved around and scuffed up, and the generic Home depot stuff ain't working too well. Any ideas?

8 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

Random question, but I figured some car guys might know. 

Any suggestings for good spray paint that doesn't chip on Metal? I need a paint a power supply that will be frequently moved around and scuffed up, and the generic Home depot stuff ain't working too well. Any ideas?

Rustoleum enamel works good BUT it takes a long time to fully dry before it gets hard. I accelerate that with some oven time so if you're comfortable stripping the PSU from the case (it's still deadly when unplugged) then that'll work well. I do around 250 for an hour then like 200 for a couple hours, let it cool, then thumbnail test it for hardness. When it's dried fully thumbnail should not leave a mark in it. If you're painting galvanized steel you'll need to prep it with a light scuff and a wipe with vinegar to etch the zinc a little so the paint will stick.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Rustoleum enamel works good BUT it takes a long time to fully dry before it gets hard. I accelerate that with some oven time so if you're comfortable stripping the PSU from the case (it's still deadly when unplugged) then that'll work well. I do around 250 for an hour then like 200 for a couple hours, let it cool, then thumbnail test it for hardness. When it's dried fully thumbnail should not leave a mark in it. If you're painting galvanized steel you'll need to prep it with a light scuff and a wipe with vinegar to etch the zinc a little so the paint will stick.

I cannot open up the power supply. I can however wait several days, so time shouldn't be a problem.

I'll pick up some Enamel then. Thanks for the suggestion!

30 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

I cannot open up the power supply. I can however wait several days, so time shouldn't be a problem.

I'll pick up some Enamel then. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you're not accelerating it with heat plan on like a week. Setting it out in the sun or under a heat lamp will help. When I painted a decorative windmill that wouldn't fit in the oven I stuck it under a heat lamp for about 48 hours for each section front and back of the blades. Took about 2 weeks for the paint to fully harden.

Still need to wash it after the drive back but here it is (in semi cloudy weather) 

20200915_121211.jpg

20200915_121239.jpg

20200915_121251.jpg

20200915_121452.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

A very short trip home in the TransAm.  Recently got a new power steering pump so I've been driving it.  But it turns out this pump is bad out of the box, you can hear it whine around 30-40 seconds.

Thats also when you hear me wind the engine out to 6800rpm for 2nd and almost in 3rd too.

Basically its got some of all its engine noises.  Some cold start in the car, some warm idle, mild throttle just cruising around, and two pulls, a 50-80mph pull in 2nd, and a 80-120 pull in 3rd.

Its hard to hold the camera and not have the vibrations destroy the image lol.  The vibrations come through the steering wheel pretty bad at times.  But man does it move out.

Home PC: 2013 Mac Pro connected to a LG 34" Ultra-wide 3440x1440.  Email, Youtube, light Adobe CC work, and Ripping Things.

Gaming PC: Old i7-4790k, 16GB DDR3 cheapo ram, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB too much for CPU stuffed into a Corsair 380T.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: i7-4790k, 32GB DDR3, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 86TB FreeNAS.

Toys:

2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | Daily Driver

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.

I just ordered a downpipe, a flange adapter, and a catalyst for my Baja. We'll see if I can fix my boost problem now...

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in? Yes? Then have you tried downloading more RAM?

Nissan is actually making new stuff again? 

85E79331-5B98-49FB-A5AB-4018F81D027B.jpeg

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

On 9/12/2020 at 9:53 AM, bcredeur97 said:

Difference is now you can get compact SUV’s that can get 30 mpg on the highway so idk if that’ll still happen? Compact SUV’s are like economy cars now 

I mean yes you can get 40 mpg in a basic Jetta but who wants a basic Jetta? 

Hey, the new Jettas are nice looking, comfortable cars. I installed a JB4 tuner in my silk blue 2019 which increases the boost pressure. +35 hp and  +45 ft/lbs torque. It's no GLI or WRX, but it has some nice mid range pull now between 2500-4000 rpm. Still only around 180 hp, but has about 230 ft lbs of torque now for a car that weighs 2800lbs and cost $17k USD. I don't drag race anymore, but I'm sure I could give some of the new turbo civics and si's a run for their money. If I have the need to go fast, I hop on my Indian Scout 😃

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

The RS200 is one of the cars that I would give just about anything to drive, much less own.

Then again, I feel the same way about the Ferrari F40... I want a black one. :D 

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in? Yes? Then have you tried downloading more RAM?

17 hours ago, Sarra said:

The RS200 is one of the cars that I would give just about anything to drive, much less own.

Then again, I feel the same way about the Ferrari F40... I want a black one. :D 

There's one in my area. Cool car with a cool story for a cool guy.

14360092_1124241097663744_424163193_n.jp

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

I would daily drive the crap out of that. 😮 My god, those look so amazing in black. :D 

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Isnt that the one that gas monkey rebuilt?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

9 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Isnt that the one that gas monkey rebuilt?

No this is a completely different car. Painted and modified in Japan where it lived since 1998.

http://www.thecarexperience.com/ferrari-f40-black

Though Phil also owns an original red F40 and F50.

Check it out dudes, managed to snag a hard top for my 92 Miata, and for a "decent" price as well. Probably doubled the value of the car. But, shes come a long way since when I bought it back in April or March!

LKmkPE8.jpg

Desktop: i7 7700K @ 4.7Ghz, 16GB DDR4, Cooler Master H80i v2, 500GB M.2 SSD, Fractal Focus G *white* case, Gigabyte 1080 8GB

Laptop: EVGA SC17 1070: i7 6820HK, GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 4K Gysnc panel

Laptop: Eluktronics Mech 15 G2, i7 8750H, 1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 480GB Nvme SSD, 144hz panel  

So my mom just recently paid off her Toyota Corolla and this early morning some idiot rear ended it because he fell asleep at the wheel. I woke up at the crack of dawn to pick her up and drive her to work. Corolla is obviously fixable but now salvaged. It makes me wish I had leased my car like my brother did with his Optima. And makes me want a dash cam for the back window too.

:(

Edited by PhantomJaguar77

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080S VENTUS 8G Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: 80+ Gold Certified 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 Monitor: Dell S2716DGR Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Phone: iPhone 11 64GB Black

1 hour ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

So my mom just recently paid off her Toyota Corolla and this early morning some idiot rear ended it because he fell asleep at the wheel. I woke up at the crack of dawn to pick her up and drive her to work. Corolla is obviously fixable but now salvaged. It makes me wish I had leased my car like my brother did with his Optima. And makes me want a dash cam for the back window too.

:(

I decided to sell or trade in my Subaru. If it wasn't a complete pile, and I was going to keep it, this would have been my plan. Dashcam up front, dashcam in the rear, and possibly a third pointing at the driver's seat (in case it got stolen or broken into).

Since I'm getting rid of it, I don't really care that much about it anymore.

3 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Sarra said:
Spoiler

I decided to sell or trade in my Subaru. If it wasn't a complete pile, and I was going to keep it, this would have been my plan. Dashcam up front, dashcam in the rear, and possibly a third pointing at the driver's seat (in case it got stolen or broken into).

Since I'm getting rid of it, I don't really care that much about it anymore.

I feel a lot safer with my dashcam, not because I'm going to catch someone doing something bad, but because in a He-said, She-said if a cop looks at the person with a normal car, and then they look at my Focus ST and see that's its decently modified, I'm worried the Cop will find me the one at fault.