Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

17 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

hmm .. interesting.
I mean i have never seen a focus with the hood open so i dont know ... but its weird that volvo put 3 latches ... 

my dad's audi A6 has 2 latches, and my sister's volvo xc60 has 3 like yours. 

One of the latches on her volvo was sticky when we got it and it was difficult to open the hood (you needed one person to hold the release open while the other person lifted the hood up). Lots of cleaning + new grease resolved the issue. Lol

But yeah. One stops working and you got a problem....

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

17 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

go suck a duck ... 
Focus and V40 is actually the same chassis

youdontsay.jpg

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

my dad's audi A6 has 2 latches, and my sister's volvo xc60 has 3 like yours. 

One of the latches on her volvo was sticky when we got it and it was difficult to open the hood (you needed one person to hold the release open while the other person lifted the hood up). Lots of cleaning + new grease resolved the issue. Lol

But yeah. One stops working and you got a problem....

ok thanks for the heads up ... 😅

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Is terry still around these parts lol

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

5 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Sure he is @terrytek

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

12 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

about time he posted an in depth video of one of the best bmws to exist period. now i just know e39 m5 values are gonna shoot up even more lol

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

8 hours ago, terrytek said:

about time he posted an in depth video of one of the best bmws to exist period. now i just know e39 m5 values are gonna shoot up even more lol

They are pretty awesome cars. Not gonna lie. Way better than the new ones 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

IMG_20200821_185949.thumb.jpg.0a450f43f61a5afc584912062303ce3d.jpgWell after much thinking and number crunching. I STILL don't know what to do. A couple weeks ago I walked out to the garage on a nice morning looking forward to the ride to work and the bike didn't start. Jumped in the truck and drove to work. Later that day opened the garage and found out the bike caught fire. 😪 Only the bike was damaged, was a relatively small fire. Thankfully! Insurance company totaled the bike and now do I want to deal with re-wiring it OR selling and buying another bike. 🤷‍♂️ I keep buying things that have parts that are hard to find. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!?!?!?!

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi

23 hours ago, KablahGaming said:

IMG_20200821_185949.thumb.jpg.0a450f43f61a5afc584912062303ce3d.jpgWell after much thinking and number crunching. I STILL don't know what to do. A couple weeks ago I walked out to the garage on a nice morning looking forward to the ride to work and the bike didn't start. Jumped in the truck and drove to work. Later that day opened the garage and found out the bike caught fire. 😪 Only the bike was damaged, was a relatively small fire. Thankfully! Insurance company totaled the bike and now do I want to deal with re-wiring it OR selling and buying another bike. 🤷‍♂️imageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61a I keep buying things that have parts that are hard to find. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!?!?!?!

Rewire it. If the rest rest works well, why not? 

Wi RoZ

2 minutes ago, Wi RoZ said:

Rewire it. If the rest rest works well, why not? 

You are correct! Yesterday I chose to keep the bike. I wasn't worried about rewiring it but the unknown of not knowing what else got fried during the overload. The main trick to this bike now is the wiring harness is discontinued. So that leaves me getting an aftermarket wiring harness kit or finding a used online. I figured its going to cost in the 1200-1500 range to get this back to normal conditions and seeing what else needs to be replaced. We shall see!

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi

BMW e39 520i is at my friends workshop for Tectyl treatment. Gonna be weird to be without a car for almost a whole week but got a great price on it. Can't wait to see the result, it gonna look so good underneath. 

?TuringMachine?

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - HyperX Predator 3200 2x8 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

"If the genius of invention were to reveal tomorrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought."

-Nikola Tesla, New York, May 16, 1907

@MEC-777

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

Finally pulled my front bumper cover and figured out how to mount the trans cooler, with zip clips, not my fave idea but it'll be OK I just keep telling myself. I bought an extra pack so I can use more than the standard 4 clips. I could have been bending and making the trans lines for it today but I slacked off and did not.

Had an interesting but productive weekend. Swapped some colder plugs in the Daytona (ngk equivalent of champion rn9yc). Then when driving it broke a shifter cable... Managed to coast to a side road and put the tranny in 3rd (from under hood). Limped it home (only a few blocks) and replaced the broken cable as I happened to have an extra cable set and shifter from a spirit I had a few years ago. Shifter now feels better than it ever did 😊. Slowly been tweaking it too... Up to 16-17psi of boost and still nice and rich at wot.

took the rocker cover of the GT550 to check the valve clearances, they were surprisingly enough(or maybe not, depends on how my faith in the previous owners feels atm) all fine! Some were a bit close to the wear limits but none under or over and none on the exact limits either. Problem is that the previous person who was under the rocker cover skipped on using a gasket like there is from factory and used some sealant thats gone all sorts of places and now i dont have anything to put it back together with.

I could either go buy some sealant like there was on there now, buy the factory or factory style gasket(for like €75+shipping and import) or buy some gasket material for $15 and have gaskets for the GT550 for the rest of forever.

Im leaning towards the gasket material but im unsure as to what material type and thickness i should go for, it dosnt seem suuuuuuuuuuper critical as its just the rocket cover but ya know, dont wanna fuck it up :P Any tips? :)

IMG_20200906_171745.jpg

Edited by Bananasplit_00
Added a picture of the engine with the rocker cover off

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally)...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I mean, you don't need a ford gasket for that, the last owner probably said fuck it and just made one, which is perfectly fine in my opinion.

On 9/9/2020 at 9:12 AM, Dreeda said:

Wait, LTT has a 6000 pages thread on cars, why have I never seen seen this before lol.

welcome! 

The thread honestly has been slowly starting to show signs of it's death. We used to fly through pages like crazy on here. A few of us have been here for years. Lol.

But yeah if you like cars, this is a great place! 

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Dreeda said:

I mean, you don't need a ford gasket for that, the last owner probably said fuck it and just made one, which is perfectly fine in my opinion.

Wrong GT, this is a kawasaki :P bbut yah it feels unnecessary to buy a €70 gasket but I'm also not finding anywhere that will ship me gasket materials(not that I've looked all that hard tbh) and the store that has it is too far away to reasonably drive too on my moped lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally)...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Wrong GT, this is a kawasaki :P bbut yah it feels unnecessary to buy a €70 gasket but I'm also not finding anywhere that will ship me gasket materials(not that I've looked all that hard tbh) and the store that has it is too far away to reasonably drive too on my moped lol

whoops! my bad hahaha.

6 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

You had my brain go like "...whaaaa? dis dun look like no Mustang engine..." :P

Well if you feel confident that you (with or without help) can get gasket material evenly enough for it to be sealed decently. I say make your own gasket, it's only job is to seal it up but it has to be applied evenly enough so that it can seal.

?TuringMachine?

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - HyperX Predator 3200 2x8 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

"If the genius of invention were to reveal tomorrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought."

-Nikola Tesla, New York, May 16, 1907

Oh yeah I think this is a problem. Whole thing is blocked up like this. Overheating but not sure if it's the blown plastic fitting and no coolant or the lack or radiator airflow. Oh and there's no trans cooler, lines just looped back on themselves. Win!

IMG_20200911_103759.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Oh yeah I think this is a problem. Whole thing is blocked up like this. Overheating but not sure if it's the blown plastic fitting and no coolant or the lack or radiator airflow. Oh and there's no trans cooler, lines just looped back on themselves. Win!

-snip-

woah. That's pretty bad lol...

Spoiler

4 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

woah. That's pretty bad lol...

Customer is pissed, insists nothing else is wrong why aren't we fixing the "coolant code" which is an engine light because it got so fucking hot the coolant temp sensor went out of fucking range for long enough the computer thought the circuit was fucked up. Guy has a high density skull with a low density brain.  I really wanted to tell home to go back to his alley mechanic friend and leave us alone. Our girl has better things to do than argue with your dumbass for 45 minutes. HE EVEN REFUSED TO SEE A PICTURE OF THE RADIATOR WGEN HE WASN'T UNDERSTANDING IT. Said "I know what a motor looks like I ain't stupid". Buddy...just ok ok fine. Thankfully she has more people patience than I do.