Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

My car needed a wash, so I obliged.

Fpsvl.png

Fpsxe.png

Too bad the pollen levels are terrible over here, so it didn't stay like this for very long.

Local asshole and VHS collector. Less than avid Team Fortress 2 player.

100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan

moo floof enthusiast, pm me moo rabbit pics

Soooooooon it will be Summer Tire Time!!!!  I cannot wait to put he MPSS tires back on the RS.

I had the TransAm out a few weeks ago on warmer day with an impromptu car cruise.  I forget just how fast the TransAm is. A seemingly unending surge of torque past 4000rpm carries that needle to 7200rpm in a hurry. When I built the engine I wanted an engine that could spin to 7000+.  I got that.  I chose to set the limiter to 7200rpm, but I suspect the engine would spin as high as 7500. A 7500rpm small block makes glorious noises.  It sucks around town, drinks gas faster than I can fill it up, and I think the best fuel economy I ever got was about 16mpg.   I wanted a wild ride, and I built it.

Home PC: 2013 Mac Pro connected to a LG 34" Ultra-wide 3440x1440.  Email, Youtube, light Adobe CC work, and Ripping Things.

Gaming PC: Old i7-4790k, 16GB DDR3 cheapo ram, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB too much for CPU stuffed into a Corsair 380T.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: i7-4790k, 32GB DDR3, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 86TB FreeNAS.

Toys:

2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | Daily Driver

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.

On 3/20/2020 at 3:26 AM, Quibiss said:

Final car inspection under warranty. 17 km (covered until 50k km) remain under warranty, lucky me I guess :D

IMG_20200320_075933.jpg

I applaud your purchase of a Focus RS.  I love mine.  I do miss my first RS though, I loved the Stealth Gray.  That car got T-boned by a red light runner.  I replaced it with the frozen while one below.

45880487112_ed14d6cb94_o.jpg

Home PC: 2013 Mac Pro connected to a LG 34" Ultra-wide 3440x1440.  Email, Youtube, light Adobe CC work, and Ripping Things.

Gaming PC: Old i7-4790k, 16GB DDR3 cheapo ram, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB too much for CPU stuffed into a Corsair 380T.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: i7-4790k, 32GB DDR3, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 86TB FreeNAS.

Toys:

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.

1 hour ago, Thirdgen89GTA said:

Soooooooon it will be Summer Tire Time!!!!  I cannot wait to put he MPSS tires back on the RS.

I had the TransAm out a few weeks ago on warmer day with an impromptu car cruise.  I forget just how fast the TransAm is. A seemingly unending surge of torque past 4000rpm carries that needle to 7200rpm in a hurry. When I built the engine I wanted an engine that could spin to 7000+.  I got that.  I chose to set the limiter to 7200rpm, but I suspect the engine would spin as high as 7500. A 7500rpm small block makes glorious noises.  It sucks around town, drinks gas faster than I can fill it up, and I think the best fuel economy I ever got was about 16mpg.   I wanted a wild ride, and I built it.

LT4 or LT1 with LT4 top end? Those are fun engines!

hm thinking about doing some longer term storage stuff to my car, as it really isn't going to be driven anywhere for at least 3 weeks. Possibly longer, depends when I can get it re-insured. Registration is going to expire in 4 days and my insurance just expired on the 24th (it was 6 months policy), but I don't exactly have the money yet to get a new policy and with things shut down I'm not really gonna go anywhere.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)

7 hours ago, Thirdgen89GTA said:

I applaud your purchase of a Focus RS.  I love mine.  I do miss my first RS though, I loved the Stealth Gray.  That car got T-boned by a red light runner.  I replaced it with the frozen while one below.

45880487112_ed14d6cb94_o.jpg

Didnt quite have an RS but had a Stealth ST briefly

LRM_EXPORT_866140738333370_20190119_202637858.jpeg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

@MEC-777

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

9 hours ago, Thirdgen89GTA said:

Any mods done to it? The Nitrous blue is an awesome color but I'll always love the metallic flake of my Kona Blue ST the most. Though, sometimes I do wish I had snagged the Triple Yellow I saw but it was brand new and more than I was willing to pay

20180707_114155.thumb.jpg.0c5fa31ab31a9367e49b67e88aecca42.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Any mods done to it? The Nitrous blue is an awesome color but I'll always love the metallic flake of my Kona Blue ST the most. Though, sometimes I do wish I had snagged the Triple Yellow I saw but it was brand new and more than I was willing to pay

20180707_114155.thumb.jpg.0c5fa31ab31a9367e49b67e88aecca42.jpg

i just realized ... 
that ford focus and mazda 3 are basically the same car as the volvo V40 i have 🙃

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i just realized ... 
that ford focus and mazda 3 are basically the same car as the volvo V40 i have 🙃

The engine lineup at launch are: two petrol engines; a 1.6 litre EcoBoost I4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_V40_(2012–2019)

Yeah you're right! (2012-2015) beyond that they use completely different engines but at least are still styled similarly

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Yeah you're right! (2012-2015) beyond that they use completely different engines but at least are still styled similarly

i have a really boring focus now that i think about it ...

1.6 diesel and automagic box ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

LT4 or LT1 with LT4 top end? Those are fun engines!

It started life as an LT1 block.  AFR 195cc comp port heads, Fully ported LT1 intake matched to the 195cc heads, long tubes  full exhaust, large custom cam.  Absolutely gutless below 2500rpm, and can't even idle in 1st gear without bucking.  Was built to make about 500hp at the crank around 6800rpm. 

Older idle/rev video. 

9 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

hm thinking about doing some longer term storage stuff to my car, as it really isn't going to be driven anywhere for at least 3 weeks. Possibly longer, depends when I can get it re-insured. Registration is going to expire in 4 days and my insurance just expired on the 24th (it was 6 months policy), but I don't exactly have the money yet to get a new policy and with things shut down I'm not really gonna go anywhere.

You don't have to do anything to store your car for just a few weeks.  The most I would do is maybe a battery tender if the battery was old.  When I store the TransAm over the winter for months I just air the tires up to about 50PSI spray some fogger oil down the intake while cranking w/o spark, and take the battery out so I can put it on a tender in the apartment. 

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

On the 2016 Gray RS I had a custom tune.  Was making about 350whp at 24psi or so and was a blast to drive. This white one is still bone stock.

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Didnt quite have an RS but had a Stealth ST briefly

I had a Performance Blue ST before the RS.  I liked it a lot.  That one made about 235whp on a tune and would break the front tires loose anywhere below 50mph.  Its amazing just how different the ST and RS are in terms of driving characteristics, and not just power.  The turn in is even better than the ST ,and I was already impressed with the ST to begin with.  The sheer grip the car can find on roads is lunacy.  I can upshift as fast as I want mid-corner and the RS just doesn't get upset. 

Toys:

1 minute ago, Thirdgen89GTA said:

The sheer grip the car can find on roads is lunacy.  I can upshift as fast as I want mid-corner and the RS just doesn't get upset. 

Thats AWD for you! I could never justify the new price of an RS and the used prices were still too high for my liking, otherwise I'd be drifting in snow all winter long!

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Thats AWD for you! I could never justify the new price of an RS and the used prices were still too high for my liking, otherwise I'd be drifting in snow all winter long!

The ST was pretty good about It, but I could feel the inside front slipping on hard cornering under power.  The brake based eDiff was okay, but a Torsen would have been better.

The AWD system in the RS is witchcraft as far as I'm concerned.  You would never realize the car is has 60% of its weight on the nose from the way it corners.

Toys:

2 minutes ago, Thirdgen89GTA said:

The ST was pretty good about It, but I could feel the inside front slipping on hard cornering under power.  The brake based eDiff was okay, but a Torsen would have been better.

I recently had bad synchro gears in my ST, so while I was having the work done on replacing those, I got an Mfactory Lim slip Diff installed which has helped (at least on snow tires, haven't really figured out on my Pilot Super Sports yet)

8 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I recently had bad synchro gears in my ST, so while I was having the work done on replacing those, I got an Mfactory Lim slip Diff installed which has helped (at least on snow tires, haven't really figured out on my Pilot Super Sports yet)

Limited slip diff will also help with traction when launching the car especially since it's front wheel drive. I'd get one for my car but I might be trading in my gti for a Whipple charged GT I found at a local dealership that comes with a bunch of other goodies including a Torsen limited slip diff. (Hope I got the name right idk 🤷🏻‍♀️)

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if this would ever come to the US:

http://aviarmotors.com/3/

Retro styling outside, techno-geek inside. Kind of a nice mashup, and pretty well executed, it seems.

Edited by The1Dickens
Fixed link

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

4 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Mustang?

Not quite. It's classic Mustang styling, with the running gear of a Tesla Pro Ultra3 or something. It's an electric car.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, The1Dickens said:

Not quite. It's classic Mustang styling, with the running gear of a Tesla Pro Ultra3 or something. It's an electric car.

I meant the body exterior is almost exactly a 67 Fastback.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

I meant the body exterior is almost exactly a 67 Fastback.

Oh, sorry, yes. That was the intent of the manufacturer. Also why I doubt it would be released over here. But it's all carbon fibre and aluminum this time around to save weight.

Spoiler

Welp threatened my coworker with bodily hard if they started spray painting the lines on the parking lot at work while my car was still in the parking lot. 😠😡🤬 I don't want cheap paint being oversprayed all over my car. Of course they don't care cause one doesn't own a car and the other owns a pos Subaru beater car.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

s8iiu1njscp41.jpg

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

image.png

Well I'm glad I still recognize certain names and cars in this thread! It's been a while, hasn't it? Oh how the times, and life, do indeed change... 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads.