Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 minutes ago, The1Dickens said:

My guess would be pressure relief so you could safely fill it without having to wait for it to cool down, but it is also my understanding that the whole point of coolant reservoir is to allow it to be filled/checked without having to hassle with the coolant in the radiator (i.e. coolant under pressure). What is the year, make, and model?

Its a Peugeot 407 2006. The engine is the 2.0 HDI. I guess that would make sense as the expansion tank in these engines is pressurised with the system. I should probably close the valve ? (Yes i'm not that bright if this is obvious sorry in advance).

Today I've enjoyed the weather, roads and car, haven't had time for a proper road trip in quite a while. 

IMG_20191228_145129.jpg

IMG_20191228_145237.jpg

IMG_20191228_154058.jpg

Intel i7-5820K, Asus X99 Sabertooth, EVGA 980Ti Classified, 16 GB Trident Z, EVGA GS 650,  NZXT x62 Kraken, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe TG and too many fans

2 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Ok looks like your definition of a bolt on is vastly different then what most people would define it as. I’m going to end the conversation here with you. Next you’ll tell me rebuilding the engine is a bolt on. 😂

Technically is right? Unbolt the stuff inside the engine and bolt in the stronger shiny parts xD 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

48 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Technically is right? Unbolt the stuff inside the engine and bolt in the stronger shiny parts xD 

True, though “bolt on” isn’t a literal definition, and extremely vague and changes depending which car community you ask. Common consensus is power adders (Forced induction), swapping power adders, or opening the engine isn’t considered a “bolt on” mod. However there is some leeway. Depending on which forum you go to and which car you talk about. It’s an extremely vague term. 

Swapping out the entirety of the rear end for completely different rear end would be more of a rear end conversion then a simple “bolt on” mod. Usually refers to a basic mod that’s easy to do and easy to undo. Like I said very vague lots of caveats to it, though there are some general consensus between groups.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

21 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

True, though “bolt on” isn’t a literal definition, and extremely vague and changes depending which car community you ask. Common consensus is power adders (Forced induction), swapping power adders, or opening the engine isn’t considered a “bolt on” mod. However there is some leeway. Depending on which forum you go to and which car you talk about. It’s an extremely vague term. 

Swapping out the entirety of the rear end for completely different rear end would be more of a rear end conversion then a simple “bolt on” mod. Usually refers to a basic mod that’s easy to do and easy to undo. Like I said very vague lots of caveats to it, though there are some general consensus between groups.

Even better than bolt on are glue on mods like fake vents and turbo badges. That's the real bang for the buck!

13 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Even better than bolt on are glue on mods like fake vents and turbo badges. That's the real bang for the buck!

Anything you stick on adds hp!

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Actually I asked a guy who had a fake looking "sports exhaust" on his FIESTA if he knows that it will reduce his hp?  Which he replied with yes, he knows,  but it does sound better! 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

10 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Ok looks like your definition of a bolt on is vastly different then what most people would define it as. I’m going to end the conversation here with you. Next you’ll tell me rebuilding the engine is a bolt on. 😂

IMHO as long as custom fabrication isn't involved on the end user's part. It's a bolt on

If you can take the part directly off the shelf, and bolt it up, it's a bolt on

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

IMHO as long as custom fabrication isn't involved on the end user's part. It's a bolt on

If you can take the part directly off the shelf, and bolt it up, it's a bolt on

Wrong 😂 you can keep arguing all you like it’s not going to change the fact that your wrong.

5 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Wrong 😂 you can keep arguing all you like it’s not going to change the fact that your wrong.

If it bolts on, it's a "bolt on" wild concept

You can keep arguing all you want, not like it's going to change the fact that you're wrong 😂

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

16 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

If it bolts on, it's a "bolt on" wild concept

You can keep arguing all you want, not like it's going to change the fact that you're wrong 😂

Yeah not a literal definition of what a bolt on is. If you bothered to actually look it up you’d understand that, but ok kid think what you want. Still going to laugh at you. 😂

224D0B5A-3164-4F8D-9B4D-159BC37D75B1.png

14 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Yeah not a literal definition of what a bolt on is. If you bothered to actually look it up you’d understand that, but ok kid think what you want. Still going to laugh at you. 😂

Image result for ackshually"

15 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Image result for ackshually"

Lol Your butt hurt for no reason. It’s ok to be wrong about something kid. Your meme fits you more you tried to correct someone when you were wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️😂 

C452EF27-E0A2-4516-A83D-F6AE924B985E.png

38B086D4-2050-4CB2-B25C-1B66CCFBED0F.jpeg

It’s almost like “bolt on” is defined by the amount of work something is

Yes both modifying an exhaust and adding a turbo both CAN add power.

But one of these is a heck of a lot easier than the other. Hence why typically exhaust is referred to as “a bolt on” but a turbo isn’t.

the question is where do we draw the line? It’s almost like it needs to be amount of energy expended by a human being to accomplish the task xD

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

19 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Lol Your butt hurt for no reason. It’s ok to be wrong about something kid. Your meme fits you more you tried to correct someone when you were wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

You're trying too hard to think you're correct, just so you know.

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

It’s almost like “bolt on” is defined by the amount of work something is

Yes both modifying an exhaust and adding a turbo both CAN add power.

But one of these is a heck of a lot easier than the other. Hence why typically exhaust is referred to as “a bolt on” but a turbo isn’t.

the question is where do we draw the line? It’s almost like it needs to be amount of energy expended by a human being to accomplish the task xD

Usually a mix of work expended to do the modification and the type of modification. 

Turbo swap =/= bolt on

engine rebuild =/= bolton 

transmission work is a bit questionable 🤷🏻‍♀️

Some consider it a bolt on to change the torque converter some don’t really up for debate. Most car forums have the same consensus that opening the engine/forced induction is not a bolt on. I go by the majority consensus based on the various forums I read.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You're trying too hard to think you're correct, just so you know.

Your opinion means very little to me.

1 minute ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Your opinion means very little to me.

I don't need your validation to justify my position.

Lemme ask you a question, if I swap my intake manifold from stock to a performance variant, is that a bolt on?

Anyways, shocker about your attitude on this. I'll sum it up, you don't know where to draw the line other than you want it to be what you want.

You'll probably say yes, swapping an intake is a bolt on.

23 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Don’t consider opening the engine “bolt on”. By that logic power adders like a turbo or supercharger are a “bolt on”.

Which is no harder than a super charger.

Issa bolton.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Anyways, shocker about your attitude on this. I'll sum it up, you don't know where to draw the line other than you want it to be what you want.

You'll probably say yes, swapping an intake is a bolt on.

Which is no harder than a super charger.

Issa bolton.

uhuh So when you race someone do you say oh its just bolt ons to describe your car when someone says what did you do to it, or do you say "I supercharged it", or "I swapped the turbo" either way not going to change your mind so im done here you can wallow in you retardation all you want because you clearly missed the point.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

uhuh So when you race someone do you say oh its just bolt ons to describe your car when someone says what did you do to it, or do you say "I supercharged it", or "I swapped the turbo" either way not going to change your mind so im done here you can wallow in you retardation all you want because you clearly missed the point.

(Yes because a super charger is a bolt on, guess what you can hear it too, it's not a surprise)

Hey I haven't been the one throwing around insults (yet) just because I need to figure out a way to justify why my car is losing races.

Oh well, I guess I'll never know what it's like to be you, always correct in my thinking. It's a struggle for us lesser mortals.

13 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I’m going to end the conversation here with you.

top 10 lies of the decade

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 16GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone X

so as a slightly early anniversary gift my boyfriend wanted to know what I wanted and I showed him a couple window mounts for a phone and he got me this one and man I love it, can't wait to use it more.

image0.jpg

This past summer actually, Minnesota joined a few other states in having a law on the books requiring hands free. For other reasons too it's nice to have that though.

It goes nicely with this other thing I got at Target with a mix of a $5 off price match and a few cents off for my team member discount.

n7gkik.png

that's funny it lists a gift card as "NONE"

a Moo Floof will solve all the world’s problems, buy a moo floof today.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x 89ever :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)