Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Lease. GT2, fully loaded. Got it in March of 2018. First week got stopped all the time and asked tons of questions) Still people notice and ask questions. Pretty quick for a 4000lbs car.

20181223_155736.jpg

20181222_143944.jpg

i9 9900K/GSkill Trident RGB 4x8GB 3000Mhz/Asus Maximus X Hero/EVGA RTX2080TI/Samsung 950pro+970pro nVME M.2 512gb/2x2tb ADATA ssd/3tb HDD/Phanteks Enthoo Primo BLK/GRN/TT Water 3.0 240mm/ EVGA SUPERNOVA T2 1600W/10xCorsair LL120/Alienware 34" 2k 120hz/LG 27" 4k 60hz/HyperX Alloy Elite RGB/Hyper X Pulsefire Surge RGB/SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless/Logitech c920.

3 hours ago, bimmerman said:

It's actually got a fair amount more down low, but the motor just doesn't feel happy toodling along in traffic. It's weird.

The M52 will make S50US power pretty damn easily-- S52(US) cams, M50 manifold, decent exhaust and a tune and you're there. It also doesn't eat itself above 7200rpm due to crank harmonics, which is nice. It will, but threshold is raised a couple hundred extra rpm. Buddy has a non-cammed M52 in his track car and it's a reliable riot.

Don't delete vanos. The only reason to do so is on the advice of incompetent tuners or using extreme cams.

I know it has more torque, but as you said, it just doesn't feel happy in that range.

I wouldn't delete VANOS. But if I get an E34 with an early M50B20 (no VANOS) it would be easier to swap any non VANOS engines, the only one being the M50B25 (considering the budget and no M20s, I'd like to keep my 24V thank you very much) xD but as I said, I do like that engine. Swapping to an M52B28 would probably be a bit harder, although still easy I reckon.

1 hour ago, gamelovers11223 said:

Lease. GT2, fully loaded. Got it in March of 2018. First week got stopped all the time and asked tons of questions) Still people notice and ask questions. Pretty quick for a 4000lbs car.

V6 I reckon? Damn nice car IMO

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

1 hour ago, gamelovers11223 said:

First week got stopped all the time and asked tons of questions) Still people notice and ask questions.

i fucking hate when that happens, i fucking hate it!

Looks like my tacoma is staying for the long haul!

225k miles and isn't skipping a beat. And, being a tinkerer I just can't leave well enough alone... Rear leaf springs are nearing the end of their life, as even the tiny 2.4l 4 banger has begun twisting the springs in front of the axle. This is a known issue, but one I really don't care to fix again. Sooo.... 4 link time!

I'll be taking my sweet time doing this right as none of the guys who used to sell kits seem to do it anymore. I'll be lowering the truck a bit as well. I won't be laying frame, but I want it to be a bit more sporty and stuck to the road. Goal is 3" dropped out of the front, and 4 in the rear. Should be level at 3" lower than stock, which is as low as I can go without needing to C notch the frame. Pictured is about what that will look like.

[IMG] 

I used to be really big in to remote control cars, specifically modding them, and a lot of what I learned there will apply here. I will be going for a triangulated 4 link in theory, fuel tank may have other ideas depending on where it is. I think it's out of the way, but I don't remember and can't check until tomorrow when the sun is out. I don't want to put a fuel cell in the bed because I do use it for actual work sometimes :D

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, CoolerMaster, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Motherboard Tier List

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: Thinkpad T430. Specs to come, too lazy atm

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $200.00) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 57 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Motherboard: MSI Z370M GAMING PRO AC Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Monitor: Dell U2417H 24.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Monitor: LG 34UM69G-B 34.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz Monitor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Custom: Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evolution Nvidia Edition  (Purchased For $60.00)
Total: $1395.00

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

thats better then the T100 that truck did not look right

The T100 is a weird truck. Not cool enough to be a Tacoma but not big enough or powerful enough to do real work. I'm glad I didn't get one :D

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, CoolerMaster, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Motherboard Tier List

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: Thinkpad T430. Specs to come, too lazy atm

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $200.00) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 57 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Motherboard: MSI Z370M GAMING PRO AC Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Monitor: Dell U2417H 24.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Monitor: LG 34UM69G-B 34.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz Monitor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Custom: Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evolution Nvidia Edition  (Purchased For $60.00)
Total: $1395.00

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

32 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

V6 I reckon? Damn nice car IMO

Yes, twin turbo v6. Thanks. I love the design. 

i9 9900K/GSkill Trident RGB 4x8GB 3000Mhz/Asus Maximus X Hero/EVGA RTX2080TI/Samsung 950pro+970pro nVME M.2 512gb/2x2tb ADATA ssd/3tb HDD/Phanteks Enthoo Primo BLK/GRN/TT Water 3.0 240mm/ EVGA SUPERNOVA T2 1600W/10xCorsair LL120/Alienware 34" 2k 120hz/LG 27" 4k 60hz/HyperX Alloy Elite RGB/Hyper X Pulsefire Surge RGB/SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless/Logitech c920.

30 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

hate when that happens, i fucking hate it!

Its nice at first but then gets really annoying 

@RevoltTrain so uh not sure if you've ever encountered this but, the battery goes low and a whole slew of issues seem to crop up. First and foremost I'm experience a no crank no start situation

The interior lights are considerably dimmer and I occasionally get a "Immobilizer Failure" warning while on a charger in my 9-3

I just honestly am worried about the CIM failing because that sounds like it's costly.

I don't think it's failed but I don't hear the click when I put the key in the ignition like normal.

I've been having a "right brake light failure" pop up every so often for the 2 weeks...

a Moo Floof will solve all the world’s problems, buy a moo floof today.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x 89ever :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

5 hours ago, gamelovers11223 said:

Looks just like what my friend from across the state has, nice looking car inside and out but that rear hatch looks funky to me still. I never got to see how quick his was, he had some kind of piggy back and when he got into it on tail of the dragon 'mama kia' decided that he'd had enough fun and cut off his boost lol. I thought he'd popped off an intercooler hose somewhere at first but then we figured out it was the blow off just venting almost all the boost! Then he dislodged a sway bar bushing later on which that rattle scared the crap out of him! Everything that went wrong was aftermarket tinkering.

So i just done with some maintenance work on the golf(gas springs given up) and noticed this on the oil cap:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sip97d62u0mxip5/IMG_20191210_134017.jpg?dl=0

As far as i can tell it doesnt eat any oil or water, it had a chance during the 1000+ km trip on a motorway(the gearbox has only 5 gears so it was running well  above 3000 rpm during the whole time

Edited by jagdtigger
3 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

the gearbox has only 5 gears so it was running well  above 3000 rpm during the whole time

Just like my car! 😅

3000rpm in 5th gear - 72mph...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Just like my car! 😅

3000rpm in 5th gear - 72mph...

My ST at least gets 80mph, but thats not much better 😂

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

45 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

My ST at least gets 80mph, but thats not much better 😂

I mean I totally cruise at the speed limit of 70mph on motorways :ph34r: so the amount of engine noise at 4000rpm is deafening 😅

Considering I averaged about 39 miles/day since buying my car in May 2018 with 90% of my driving being on motorways or dual-carriageways, I have officially been deafened by the constant 3000-4000rpm drone 😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

constant 3000-4000rpm drone 😂😂😂😂😂

I'm fortunate that my COBB exhaust system has no drone as long as the car is not under load at those RPM's. Mostly because it retains a pretty beefy resonator

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 12/5/2019 at 4:30 AM, bcredeur97 said:

TIL Chrysler made a one-off called the “Prangler” 

It’s just as weird as you think it is.

BF5C67A6-9782-47C6-9093-3FC376861F04.jpeg

looks like a jeep and an old roadster had a child

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I'm fortunate that my COBB exhaust system has no drone as long as the car is not under load at those RPM's. Mostly because it retains a pretty beefy resonator

Luck you... 😢 

On the brightside, always being in the boost range of the smol 30hp~ factory turbo (NA variant develops 93hp with the turbo variants ranging 120 to 170hp) means that at least I don't have to down shift to overtake and can be extremely lazy :) 

11 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

So i just done with some maintenance work on the golf(gas springs given up) and noticed this on the oil cap:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sip97d62u0mxip5/IMG_20191210_134017.jpg?dl=0

As far as i can tell it doesnt eat any oil or water, it had a chance during the 1000+ km trip on a motorway(the gearbox has only 5 gears so it was running well  above 3000 rpm during the whole time

That can be normal in the winter, the cap is cold and water condenses on it.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

That can be normal in the winter, the cap is cold and water condenses on it.

interesting, lol

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

On 12/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, pinksnowbirdie said:

@RevoltTrain so uh not sure if you've ever encountered this but, the battery goes low and a whole slew of issues seem to crop up. First and foremost I'm experience a no crank no start situation

The interior lights are considerably dimmer and I occasionally get a "Immobilizer Failure" warning while on a charger in my 9-3

I just honestly am worried about the CIM failing because that sounds like it's costly.

I don't think it's failed but I don't hear the click when I put the key in the ignition like normal.

I've been having a "right brake light failure" pop up every so often for the 2 weeks...

Yeah mine gets pissy when it does't get proper voltage either, replacing the battery fixed most of that for me.

I've had an intermittent warning for a brake light being out for a while, but it's never actually out

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

I was out collecting data with the Corolla today and as I was adjusting tire pressures, I noticed that the engine would start making a knocking sound for about 2 seconds before the radiator fan turned on. I'd say it sounded similar to the shuddering noise an engine makes when it's about to stall at low rpms. Does anybody know what might be causing this, or if it's a sign of something going bad? I'll try to post a video of it tomorrow if I have time.

Futura:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 3.8GHz @ 1.3V  GPUGigabyte RX 570

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm

SSD: HP M700 120GB RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C16 @ 1.35V 

Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: In Win 101 (Black) PSU: Corsair CX450

Infinity (Upgraded Dell XPS 410):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: EVGA Geforce 750 Ti SC

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB

PSU: Corsair CX450

Car: 

2004 Toyota Corolla

Engine: 1ZZ-FE, 140HP Transmission: C59 5spd Manual

Weight: 2500lbs/1130kg

Mods:

M-Pact Performance Clutch

Subaru Outback 17" Rims

1 hour ago, dcgreen2k said:

I was out collecting data with the Corolla today and as I was adjusting tire pressures, I noticed that the engine would start making a knocking sound for about 2 seconds before the radiator fan turned on. I'd say it sounded similar to the shuddering noise an engine makes when it's about to stall at low rpms. Does anybody know what might be causing this, or if it's a sign of something going bad? I'll try to post a video of it tomorrow if I have time.

Dirty throttle body/IACV? Sounds like RPM drop when there's a large sudden electrical load. Hows your battery condition/cables/grounds/connections?

On 12/9/2019 at 6:13 PM, gamelovers11223 said:

Its nice at first but then gets really annoying 

true, but its always the same questions every time.