Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Can't wait to get new tires for the rims I got! It seems that the stock 185 tires are just thin enough to let the wheels spin, so upgrading to 225s should be great for the Corolla. Also, I'm having trouble deciding what engine I would get if I were to do a hypothetical engine swap; something like a 4A-GE or 2ZZ-FE would be nice, but I kinda want something that is turbocharged and could reach ~300hp pretty easily, so a 3S-GTE is definitely an option. Any ideas?

Futura:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 3.8GHz @ 1.3V  GPUGigabyte RX 570

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm

SSD: HP M700 120GB RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C16 @ 1.35V 

Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: In Win 101 (Black) PSU: Corsair CX450

Infinity (Upgraded Dell XPS 410):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: EVGA Geforce 750 Ti SC

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB

PSU: Corsair CX450

Car: 

2004 Toyota Corolla

Engine: 1ZZ-FE, 140HP Transmission: C59 5spd Manual

Weight: 2500lbs/1130kg

Mods:

M-Pact Performance Clutch

Subaru Outback 17" Rims

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

1 hour ago, dcgreen2k said:

Can't wait to get new tires for the rims I got! It seems that the stock 185 tires are just thin enough to let the wheels spin, so upgrading to 225s should be great for the Corolla. Also, I'm having trouble deciding what engine I would get if I were to do a hypothetical engine swap; something like a 4A-GE or 2ZZ-FE would be nice, but I kinda want something that is turbocharged and could reach ~300hp pretty easily, so a 3S-GTE is definitely an option. Any ideas?

any common swaps for those besides the 2ZZ?

K20/K24 would prob be best. also expensive

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

2 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

image0.jpg

seems fine lol

Don't trust it ☹️ If you go around a turn too fast that thing is gone

Wait. Your car has onstar, dark interior, cooled seats and a 6 disk changer? That thing is fully loaded (Other than dual zone climate control it looks like)

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

16 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Don't trust it ☹️ If you go around a turn too fast that thing is gone

Wait. Your car has onstar, dark interior, cooled seats and a 6 disk changer? That thing is fully loaded (Other than dual zone climate control it looks like)

yeah the trim is Linear apparently, at least that's what Autocheck says and that's what they sold it as.
But it seems like it has a lot of the options.

I showed my aunt's husband Night Panel and he thought that was pretty cool lol

Not sure if I mentioned it here but of what I'm aware of is that there's a weird trickle sound (almost like water) my aunt's husband works with cars a lot and he thinks its air in the coolant lines can't seem to describe it well enough to get a full answer in google. Heat works although going around a corner at speed it did get warmer. I didn't hear it when I went around the block with the sales person but it was on a warmer day and we had the AC on which that works well.

The other things I'm aware of is that someone broke the glove box and that bass knob (whether intentionally or accidentally idk idc I gotta fix it now either way but I wanted to replace the buttons anyways since there's some that have worn away) the button to release the trunk on the back doesn't work but the interior and fob buttons work.

He does think the breaks might be worn and due for replacement but Im chalking that up to it being really rainy here the past few days

The fuel level sensor is also toast so that'll be due for replacement, but Imma get a gas can and just keep it full and when I run out I can get some gas in there but low enough that dropping the tank is easier.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)

17 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

yeah the trim is Linear apparently, at least that's what Autocheck says and that's what they sold it as.
But it seems like it has a lot of the options.

I showed my aunt's husband Night Panel and he thought that was pretty cool lol

Not sure if I mentioned it here but of what I'm aware of is that there's a weird trickle sound (almost like water) my aunt's husband works with cars a lot and he thinks its air in the coolant lines can't seem to describe it well enough to get a full answer in google. Heat works although going around a corner at speed it did get warmer. I didn't hear it when I went around the block with the sales person but it was on a warmer day and we had the AC on which that works well.

The other things I'm aware of is that someone broke the glove box and that bass knob (whether intentionally or accidentally idk idc I gotta fix it now either way but I wanted to replace the buttons anyways since there's some that have worn away) the button to release the trunk on the back doesn't work but the interior and fob buttons work.

He does think the breaks might be worn and due for replacement but Im chalking that up to it being really rainy here the past few days

The fuel level sensor is also toast so that'll be due for replacement, but Imma get a gas can and just keep it full and when I run out I can get some gas in there but low enough that dropping the tank is easier.

Does the trunk badge have an uppercase or lowercase T?

The trunk release on the exterior only works if that is enabled with a Tech 2 tool IIRC

The interior buttons do wear quite a bit, but replacements are fairly cheap

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Does the trunk badge have an uppercase or lowercase T?

The trunk release on the exterior only works if that is enabled with a Tech 2 tool IIRC

The interior buttons do wear quite a bit, but replacements are fairly cheap

lower case t

2 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

lower case t

Ahh, so it is a Linear, they make a bit less power than the Arc, and it comes down just to the different turbo and ecu tune

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Ahh, so it is a Linear, they make a bit less power than the Arc, and it comes down just to the different turbo and ecu tune

ah

What do you think a trickling water/waterfall sound would be or do you think my aunt's husband is right? I might try and see if I can listen for the sound tomorrow and record it to the best of my ability

3 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

ah

What do you think a trickling water/waterfall sound would be or do you think my aunt's husband is right? I might try and see if I can listen for the sound tomorrow and record it to the best of my ability

I can't personally see it being a pocket in the cooling system, it may just be the cooling system switching modes and the like, as that's the only time I've ever heard something like that

11 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I can't personally see it being a pocket in the cooling system, it may just be the cooling system switching modes and the like, as that's the only time I've ever heard something like that

ah alright lol
will prolly wanna have it looked into lol
because I can't imagine it being good lol

15 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

ah alright lol

Doesn't hurt to have it checked out. Better to be safe than sorry

16 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

ah alright lol

The river of success is opening my friend. 

Spoiler

Nah it could just be part of the AC or something. Like some vehicles just dump wutur outside sometimes. I'd watch to see if the floors get wet with wutur from the AC, a jetta we had did that. 

Join the nyalliance today, nya! ❤️

AMD 3700X GTX 1660 Super

Gigabyte X570 Aorus pro 16g 3200MHZ

Cooler Master MS110 combo fractal meshify C

Will be adding Samsung SSD's and an NZXT AIO to cool the CPU when adding voltage.

9 minutes ago, veldora said:

The river of success is opening my friend. 

Hide contents

Nah it could just be part of the AC or something. Like some vehicles just dump wutur outside sometimes. I'd watch to see if the floors get wet with wutur from the AC, a jetta we had did that. 

The front passenger floor board is where these cars collect water when they do

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Damn son.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

7 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Doesn't hurt to have it checked out. Better to be safe than sorry

Also it says 90 AON as recommended but 87 AON minimum. Which do you use in your Saab if it has something similar? I’m guessing to preserve the engine and Especially turbo spending a bit more on gas And deffo on the next oil change (one was recently done lol) getting full synthetic

Check the coolant level, usually that's the sound of air in the heater core. Some cars naturally collect a little air up there, my Celica does that from time to time no matter what but always if it's not been driven in a while.

On 10/20/2013 at 8:41 AM, AlwaysFSX said:

After my sister has gloriously destroyed Windows on her hard drive I went through the trouble of getting everything ready to reinstall Windows on her computer and it won't boot.

Model is the HP Pavilion dv4, model is dv4-2045dx

When I press the power button the charging led (lightning bolt) on the front of the laptop blinks and the system won't start.

I have tried removing the battery and leaving the ac cable in but to no avail..

Any thoughts on how to fix this quickly? Only about an hour or two before we leave to drop her off to college.

Can the laptop in this post play FoRZa HoRIzOns FOuR?

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

@RevoltTrain this must be my introduction to European Car Ownership. /s Considering I've watch a lot of Hoovie's Garage vids where his cars seem to be good and then

image0.jpg

something like that lmao

there is in fact an engine btw /s

10 hours ago, Bitter said:

Check the coolant level, usually that's the sound of air in the heater core. Some cars naturally collect a little air up there, my Celica does that from time to time no matter what but always if it's not been driven in a while.

it seems like it's fine it's kinda right in between the min and max lines.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, ProfBrown said:

e36, e46, e90 or newer? If its a non turbo 325i like the old inline 6 cars, you don't need to use premium lol. I had an e36 for a few years, 328i, and ran mid grade all the time. No issues what so ever. 

Also, premium where I am is closer to $4.25 at the lowest lol. More like $4.35+ 

E46 325i. I guess I could switch to 89, didn't know that

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : Gloway 2400Mhz 8GB CL16 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

32 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

E46 325i. I guess I could switch to 89, didn't know that

Yeah to be honest the 2.5 in those cars isn’t stupid high performance. It’s a good little engine, but not crazy high compression or anything. Knock sensors keep em alive. If you’re worried keep an ear out for pinging but if you hear none, happy savings lmao 

My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

1 hour ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

@RevoltTrain this must be my introduction to European Car Ownership. /s Considering I've watch a lot of Hoovie's Garage vids where his cars seem to be good and then

image0.jpg

something like that lmao

there is in fact an engine btw /s

Only CEL my 9-3 has had in the last year and a half was for the gas cap not sealing all the way. So mine has been fairly trouble free as far as that goes. Definitely get it scanned