Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

25 minutes ago, ProfBrown said:

What your daily? Where about in Cali?

I came from a truck doing about 14.2 mpg and about 60-700 miles a week lol. Trust me, the car change up was more of a necessity than a want lol. If it was all wants, I'd have kept the truck a while longer, or gone with a V8 RWD car of sorts lol.

I drive a 325i, and am in the San Francisco Bay Area (on the peninsula). Just filled up at ~ $4.19/gallon

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : Gloway 2400Mhz 8GB CL16 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Just now, arnavvr said:

I drive a 325i, and am in the San Francisco Bay Area (on the peninsula). Just filled up at ~ $4.19/gallon

e36, e46, e90 or newer? If its a non turbo 325i like the old inline 6 cars, you don't need to use premium lol. I had an e36 for a few years, 328i, and ran mid grade all the time. No issues what so ever. 

Also, premium where I am is closer to $4.25 at the lowest lol. More like $4.35+ 

My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

7 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

I actually really like the beater civic i just bought for gas mileage. $20 gets me almost 400 miles here lol

and I need to drive a lot so it really helps.. keeping the miles off the miata too

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Storytime: Back when I was first learning to drive stick shift, I was having some trouble getting the timing right on releasing the clutch to pull away smoothly, and I had gotten into the habit of releasing it a bit later so as to make sure I didn't stall. Around this time, I was returning from the store with my dad and was stopped at a traffic light; still having trouble with the timing with the clutch/gas, I unintentionally revved the engine up to about 5k rpm but didn't release the clutch so the car didn't launch forward. Unfortunately, when I turned to look at my dad's face of disapproval for my small, albeit noisy, mistake, I realized that there was a police car literally right next to us. Luckily, they didn't seem to care too much and the only thing that was hurt was my ego...

There was also the time where I stalled three times while I was at a stop sign because I didn't notice that I left the car in 3rd gear, fun times.

Futura:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 3.8GHz @ 1.3V  GPUGigabyte RX 570

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm

SSD: HP M700 120GB RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C16 @ 1.35V 

Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: In Win 101 (Black) PSU: Corsair CX450

Infinity (Upgraded Dell XPS 410):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: EVGA Geforce 750 Ti SC

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB

PSU: Corsair CX450

Car: 

2004 Toyota Corolla

Engine: 1ZZ-FE, 140HP Transmission: C59 5spd Manual

Weight: 2500lbs/1130kg

Mods:

M-Pact Performance Clutch

Subaru Outback 17" Rims

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Eh, they're not bad. No melting, no cracking, how's AFR?

No idea lol. It was just running a little sluggish lately, so I was checking some things. I doubt I could check that. I've got a code reader from some snap-on brand that's all. 

Join the nyalliance today, nya! ❤️

AMD 3700X GTX 1660 Super

Gigabyte X570 Aorus pro 16g 3200MHZ

Cooler Master MS110 combo fractal meshify C

Will be adding Samsung SSD's and an NZXT AIO to cool the CPU when adding voltage.

9 hours ago, veldora said:

No idea lol. It was just running a little sluggish lately, so I was checking some things. I doubt I could check that. I've got a code reader from some snap-on brand that's all. 

I forget, what car is this?

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

I forget, what car is this?

It's just my protégé lol. But when it's down on anything you can tell, because you always use all the power it has. 

AMD 3700X GTX 1660 Super

Will be adding Samsung SSD's and an NZXT AIO to cool the CPU when adding voltage.

13 hours ago, dcgreen2k said:

There was also the time where I stalled three times while I was at a stop sign because I didn't notice that I left the car in 3rd gear, fun times.

starting in 3rd is not that difficult, but for people who sometimes have difficulties with 1st (aka while learning) ... i see how it can be issue :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

4 hours ago, veldora said:

It's just my protégé lol. But when it's down on anything you can tell, because you always use all the power it has. 

Haha amen to that. The AC in my 626 slows me from 70 to 60 when it comes on if I don't add throttle.
Cleaned the MAF recently?

7 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Haha amen to that. The AC in my 626 slows me from 70 to 60 when it comes on if I don't add throttle.
Cleaned the MAF recently?

Never. Didn't know it needed cleaned lol. Ive just been doing typical 100k mile maintenance. 

AMD 3700X GTX 1660 Super

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Is this a Vibe check?

IMG_20191001_130820.jpg

Nice Corolla

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

B4FDD462-902F-48B9-8794-A253F747D73A.jpeg.026e6d53ee7ab92f6afddce40d079e94.jpeg
just my luck, the loan got approved.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)

7 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

B4FDD462-902F-48B9-8794-A253F747D73A.jpeg.026e6d53ee7ab92f6afddce40d079e94.jpeg
just my luck, the loan got approved.

moo luck ?

Local dickhead and VHS collector. Voted Most Offensive and Most Idiotic 5 Years in a Row!

Volume / Normalized 100% / 100% (content loudness -0.1dB)

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan :^

moo floof enthusiast, pm me moo rabbit pics

22 hours ago, dcgreen2k said:

Storytime: Back when I was first learning to drive stick shift, I was having some trouble getting the timing right on releasing the clutch to pull away smoothly, and I had gotten into the habit of releasing it a bit later so as to make sure I didn't stall. Around this time, I was returning from the store with my dad and was stopped at a traffic light; still having trouble with the timing with the clutch/gas, I unintentionally revved the engine up to about 5k rpm but didn't release the clutch so the car didn't launch forward. Unfortunately, when I turned to look at my dad's face of disapproval for my small, albeit noisy, mistake, I realized that there was a police car literally right next to us. Luckily, they didn't seem to care too much and the only thing that was hurt was my ego...

lets not talk about the number of times I accidentally grinded reverse in the miata when I first got it lol

It's so hard to get into reverse on the 6 speeds. one of the well known quirks :/

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

1 hour ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Click Clock Click Clock Click Clock Click Clock

video0(1).mov

Is your dashboard cupholder in good shape?

Even if it is. Don't put any big drinks in it. Rely on the one behind the ignition. The other is quite flimsy and easily can break 

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

@pinksnowbirdie

Having fun with the Jekyl/Hyde of a turbo on an automatic yet?

Ain't nothing wrong with that. Don't have to deal with clutch in clutch out all the time in heavy traffic, still fast enough to have fun

9 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Even if it is. Don't put any big drinks in it. Rely on the one behind the ignition. The other is quite flimsy and easily can break 

Yup that cup holder is in pretty good shape.

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

@pinksnowbirdie

Having fun with the Jekyl/Hyde of a turbo on an automatic yet?

Haven’t driven it personally lol but it seems fine

i rode in it and it’s fine if not pretty good

21 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

image0.jpg

seems fine lol