Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

 

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

 

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

@warmmilk tl;dr drove a 488 around a track and while it was fast 

 

it felt like it was missing power... maybe because NOLA is so wide open? Idk lol

 

also it’s easy to misjudge braking on a track

 

i need to go do some trackdays and learn the whole flow lol

 

ill post the video later 

really? after driving a miata all the time, a 488 felt slow??? hahaha

 

when you say misjudge braking, you mean to early or too late?

 

looking forward to vid

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Did some FSAE stuff today... even on a go kart track these things are scary fast. Nothing scarier than a stuck throttle going into a fast corner that's wet, plowing onto the grass with full oppo and still going until you hit the tec-pro and the parking lot fence behind it.

 

@warmmilk

 

-snip-

I've done something similar on my evo... but thats enclosed in a car so a lot less scarier than I imagine this was... FSAE cars/karts could be pretty damn fast


Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

really? after driving a miata all the time, a 488 felt slow??? hahaha

 

when you say misjudge braking, you mean to early or too late?

 

looking forward to vid

Yeah I’m not sure how lol. And I haven’t autocrossed in like a year, so you think I would of been filled with adrenaline and it would of felt fast but I really wasn’t 

 

Around 140-150 I was like “ok we’re moving now” ? 

 

easy to brake too late. If they didn’t have the cones out and the instructor didn’t cal it out It would have taken me a while of going too slow to figure it out without dying 


"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

really? after driving a miata all the time, a 488 felt slow??? hahaha

 

when you say misjudge braking, you mean to early or too late?

 

looking forward to vid

I've done something similar on my evo... but thats enclosed in a car so a lot less scarier than I imagine this was... FSAE cars/karts could be pretty damn fast

 

This one was an earlier incident. Exiting the corner on power, the rears lit up and the car snapped to the right. He tried to correct but the tires were scrubbing on full lock as he was still veering to the right When he did regain control (wheels striaght) he was already in the tec-pro.

 

DSC09829.thumb.jpg.c6b57cf75f56b6cbb8dd8aed01fb6b5d.jpg

 

Understandably some of these guys aren't experienced racers but the racecraft at times was fairly questionable, but conditions were tricky so there's that.


Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah I’m not sure how lol. And I haven’t autocrossed in like a year, so you think I would of been filled with adrenaline and it would of felt fast but I really wasn’t 

 

Around 140-150 I was like “ok we’re moving now” ? 

 

easy to brake too late. If they didn’t have the cones out and the instructor didn’t cal it out It would have taken me a while of going too slow to figure it out without dying 

lol, yeah, a buck and a half isn't fast at all...

 

braking too late is a pretty common thing for autoxr's moving to track days, especially if you're on a car like the 488 which hides speed

6 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

 

This one was an earlier incident. Exiting the corner on power, the rears lit up and the car snapped to the right. He tried to correct but the tires were scrubbing on full lock as he was still veering to the right When he did regain control (wheels striaght) he was already in the tec-pro.

 

DSC09829.thumb.jpg.c6b57cf75f56b6cbb8dd8aed01fb6b5d.jpg

 

Understandably some of these guys aren't experienced racers but the racecraft at times was fairly questionable, but conditions were tricky so there's that.

yeah sticky tires in the wet are tricky even for experienced racers, there's not much of a middle ground.  its mostly just sticking or not


Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warmmilk said:

lol, yeah, a buck and a half isn't fast at all...

 

braking too late is a pretty common thing for autoxr's moving to track days, especially if you're on a car like the 488 which hides speed

So that’s why. Makes sense now

 

i feel like youd  get 90% of the experience in a Cheaper car setup well for a track, or even have more fun because you won’t care as much about the car being so expensive.

 

The power and downforce is nice though... being able to brake so hard without locking up is awesome


"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Replacing the front and rear shocks/struts on my sister's 08 Outback.

Just got a new skookum impact gun so I'm hoping things go well.

Thoughts and prayers welcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Snadzies said:

Replacing the front and rear shocks/struts on my sister's 08 Outback.

Just got a new skookum impact gun so I'm hoping things go well.

Thoughts and prayers welcome.

You know what you gotta do right....

 

 


Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen 7 2700x | Aorus X470 Gaming Ultra | EVGA RTX2080 Super | 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz | Corsair H105 AIO, NZXT Sentry 3 | Corsair SP120's | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe, 4TB WD Black | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Corsair RM650v2 PSU | LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Ducky Shine 3 Keyboard, Logitech G502, MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers, Razer Goliathus Extended, X360 Controller | Windows 10 Pro | SteelSeries Siberia 350 Headphones

 

Spoiler

Server 1: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM650v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 10 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

 

Server 2: Corsair 400R | IcyDock MB998SP & MB455SPF | Seasonic Focus Plus 650w PSU | 2 x Xeon X5650's | 48GB DDR3-ECC | Asus Z8NA-D6C Motherboard | AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 | LSI MegaRAID 9271-8i | RES2SV240 SAS Expander | Samsung 840Evo 120GB | 5 x 8TB Seagate Archives | 10 x 3TB WD Red

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

So that’s why. Makes sense now

 

i feel like youd  get 90% of the experience in a Cheaper car setup well for a track, or even have more fun because you won’t care as much about the car being so expensive.

 

The power and downforce is nice though... being able to brake so hard without locking up is awesome

yes and no... on the one hand a cheaper well setup car will track great, on the other hand, you can only unshit a shitbox so much...

 

but I know what you mean, I drove an F430 at one of those track experience things in vegas and was really disappointed... I'd rather track my miata any day of the week.  But that GT3RS I drove... now thats a different story...


Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

First true two bucket style wash. Wasn't perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than it was before 

 

20190929_153507.jpg

20190929_153518.jpg

20190929_153531.jpg

20190929_153541.jpg


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone here have a Suzuki Cappuccino? I'm semi seriously considering buying one for a nice weather daily driver


CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k 4.8ghz @ 1.3v CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60i Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme 3 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Raidmax Horus PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Ebay Special Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Watch: Moto 360 Sport

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am tossing around the idea of trying picking up a 2000-2003 BMW 540i with a manual... Love the sound, the look to me is still very modern in many ways, decent aftermarket and great pricing.. If only they got better mileage lol, but how can you complain about mileage considering its a v8 in a larger sedan, when you consider that, 21 MPG isn't bad at all, especially with its age? I drive too much to be having these thoughts lol! 

 

Had an e36 328i manual and I loved it, just was at a time I wanted a truck. Had the truck, now I drive to much so I got the TDI golf wagon, but now I am missing the stick shift and the gasser rev happy sound from the BMW I had lol. Carcaine is an addiction and I need help! Preferably in the from of cash so I can support my habit in a healthy manner lol.


My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

 

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

 

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in August I was visiting my mum and stayed the night... a drunk driver decided to go for a drive... crashing into and destroying 3 cars and damaging a 4th.

 

mine was the first one hit and it's a write off... I'd only had it on the road since April after spending the winter getting her in mint condition. The driver was not only drunk, but uninsured and promptly did a runner.

 

Luckily I'm well insured, and they provided a hire car the next day... it took a little more than 5 weeks but on Friday they finally agreed to pay out what I wanted for the car... which is about a grand less than I've spent on it.

 

 

However... I was lucky that I had some savings behind me and could go out and find something right away... I found an enthusiast with an identical car to mine, but a year newer and 26k fewer miles on the clock... and a couple of optional extras mine didn't have (rear parking sensors and ipod adapter). Not only was it the same car.. but the exact same colour.

 

I've been able to transfer a load of parts over... the spoiler, reversing camera, dash cam kit as well as all of the LED lighting and refurbished headlights... I also got the car for £300 less than I paid for the previous one and the insurance paid out £700 more than it cost.

 

I can also claim back my excess of £200 and some other incidentals... which comes to around £420... I found a seller on ebay with one of the wheels I needed and bought that... it's being powder coated at the moment and a new tyre is being fitted.  I then found I had to by another tyre as one of the others have  chunk gouged out of the rear sidewall when the silly transporter caught it with a ratchet strap. I wanted to replace the wheel as they're quite rare Honda Enkei ones that you don't see very often... My replacement has the stock ugly ones that I hate.Plus I'd had all of the other ones powder coated to match the car and with new tyres... had spent almost £600 on. So finding another set was going to be hard and sellers want silly money for them.. plus new tyres and refurbishing them. You're looking at £700-800 anyway.  Spending a further £240 to buy a wheel, powder coat it and replace two tyres is actually the better option.

 

I've also been able to remove a few parts from the old car before it gets taken away to be scrapped... and I was able to pump out almost 50lts of fuel from it into my new car to give that a full tank, and some went into the hire car as when that goes back next week it needs to have a full tank too.

 

I've also removed a few of the sensors in the engine bay, the bluetooth module and some other bits... I'll see if they notice when they take it away... the ins already know I've had to dismantle a lot of the dash to remove my equipment that had been installed (BT kit, reversing cam and dashcam wiring for example).

 

I was hoping to keep the car and strip it for parts, help other club members with repairs and so forth... But they wanted £500 for it... so I said no... I'd struggle to get that much out of it in parts and it would mean charging other club members more than I'd want too.

 

So here's the damage... it doesn't look that bad does it... But look closely and the bumper is out of alignment as is the light, the wheel was pushed back into the A pillar with split the frame in two places. Snapped the lower control arm clean in half, bent the shock, and ripped the drive shaft out of the gearbox. The sill cover was ripped off, the A pillar is a little bent... and it's all structural... It's not fit for anything else any more.

 

When we had to open that door, it bent even more of the door/wing out of shape but at least the door does open/close and lock.

 

The police came, but have done pretty much nothing to find the culprit... I doubt the car was even registered to anyone... but their were witnesses I hear and I saw people with their phones out filming so I can only hope they've supplied pictures to the police of them and they will eventually be caught.

 

Thankfully this shouldn't affect my insurance, it's a no fault claim and whilst I will have to declare it when renewing my insurance... it won't count against me.

 

At the end of the day... when all is finished and I've claimed back the extras... I think I'll be about £200-300 out of pocket. But I'll have a newer, better condition car and you won't be able to tell the difference between either of them.

 

1228195213_2019-08-1822_41_19.thumb.jpg.5adf0a6a0339934326cf3f02287d167c.jpg984782602_2019-08-1822_51_06.thumb.jpg.e2aa7d836e1092205d735119ba84a84b.jpg1146864322_2019-08-1822_42_06.thumb.jpg.fb2e1f4f12dcf8372405d7aeccfbd3fc.jpg1919431016_2019-08-1822_43_16.thumb.jpg.39642dbafc300fb8d05b7490cf2ae7d8.jpg

 


System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Take as many things as you can off the car without affecting it's ability to roll up onto the tow truck and be pulled away. Modules, unseen parts, sensors, brackets, accessories, etc. lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

Back in August I was visiting my mum and stayed the night... a drunk driver decided to go for a drive... crashing into and destroying 3 cars and damaging a 4th.

 

mine was the first one hit and it's a write off... I'd only had it on the road since April after spending the winter getting her in mint condition. The driver was not only drunk, but uninsured and promptly did a runner.

 

Luckily I'm well insured, and they provided a hire car the next day... it took a little more than 5 weeks but on Friday they finally agreed to pay out what I wanted for the car... which is about a grand less than I've spent on it.

 

 

However... I was lucky that I had some savings behind me and could go out and find something right away... I found an enthusiast with an identical car to mine, but a year newer and 26k fewer miles on the clock... and a couple of optional extras mine didn't have (rear parking sensors and ipod adapter). Not only was it the same car.. but the exact same colour.

 

I've been able to transfer a load of parts over... the spoiler, reversing camera, dash cam kit as well as all of the LED lighting and refurbished headlights... I also got the car for £300 less than I paid for the previous one and the insurance paid out £700 more than it cost.

 

I can also claim back my excess of £200 and some other incidentals... which comes to around £420... I found a seller on ebay with one of the wheels I needed and bought that... it's being powder coated at the moment and a new tyre is being fitted.  I then found I had to by another tyre as one of the others have  chunk gouged out of the rear sidewall when the silly transporter caught it with a ratchet strap. I wanted to replace the wheel as they're quite rare Honda Enkei ones that you don't see very often... My replacement has the stock ugly ones that I hate.Plus I'd had all of the other ones powder coated to match the car and with new tyres... had spent almost £600 on. So finding another set was going to be hard and sellers want silly money for them.. plus new tyres and refurbishing them. You're looking at £700-800 anyway.  Spending a further £240 to buy a wheel, powder coat it and replace two tyres is actually the better option.

 

I've also been able to remove a few parts from the old car before it gets taken away to be scrapped... and I was able to pump out almost 50lts of fuel from it into my new car to give that a full tank, and some went into the hire car as when that goes back next week it needs to have a full tank too.

 

I've also removed a few of the sensors in the engine bay, the bluetooth module and some other bits... I'll see if they notice when they take it away... the ins already know I've had to dismantle a lot of the dash to remove my equipment that had been installed (BT kit, reversing cam and dashcam wiring for example).

 

I was hoping to keep the car and strip it for parts, help other club members with repairs and so forth... But they wanted £500 for it... so I said no... I'd struggle to get that much out of it in parts and it would mean charging other club members more than I'd want too.

 

So here's the damage... it doesn't look that bad does it... But look closely and the bumper is out of alignment as is the light, the wheel was pushed back into the A pillar with split the frame in two places. Snapped the lower control arm clean in half, bent the shock, and ripped the drive shaft out of the gearbox. The sill cover was ripped off, the A pillar is a little bent... and it's all structural... It's not fit for anything else any more.

 

When we had to open that door, it bent even more of the door/wing out of shape but at least the door does open/close and lock.

 

The police came, but have done pretty much nothing to find the culprit... I doubt the car was even registered to anyone... but their were witnesses I hear and I saw people with their phones out filming so I can only hope they've supplied pictures to the police of them and they will eventually be caught.

 

Thankfully this shouldn't affect my insurance, it's a no fault claim and whilst I will have to declare it when renewing my insurance... it won't count against me.

 

At the end of the day... when all is finished and I've claimed back the extras... I think I'll be about £200-300 out of pocket. But I'll have a newer, better condition car and you won't be able to tell the difference between either of them.

 

1228195213_2019-08-1822_41_19.thumb.jpg.5adf0a6a0339934326cf3f02287d167c.jpg984782602_2019-08-1822_51_06.thumb.jpg.e2aa7d836e1092205d735119ba84a84b.jpg1146864322_2019-08-1822_42_06.thumb.jpg.fb2e1f4f12dcf8372405d7aeccfbd3fc.jpg1919431016_2019-08-1822_43_16.thumb.jpg.39642dbafc300fb8d05b7490cf2ae7d8.jpg

 

ugh, I fucking hate drunk drivers.

 

 

 

On another note, fuck man that Saab 9-3 I've been wanting to buy almost sold on Friday. Actually it was accidentally marked sold lol.

 

Since I wasn't able to get financing with their lenders, I'm going to have to try and work with my bank and if the bank is firm on what they want from me either hope that it stays on the lot for the next two weeks (it likely won't at its price, although they've had it since 9/12) or I will have to find something else for up to $3200 or there abouts. 

 

ie50fl.png

 

I found another 9-3. I wonder what that means


a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

- sniperino -

 

Damn dude, that sucks :( For a moment I thought you were talking about the MX-6, but then realized it was an Accord. At least it looks like you have everything covered, so that's not too bad.


"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bitter said:

Take as many things as you can off the car without affecting it's ability to roll up onto the tow truck and be pulled away. Modules, unseen parts, sensors, brackets, accessories, etc. lol.

I’ve always wondered if this is legal... I mean it’s technically your car until they take it away from you right?


"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bitter said:

Take as many things as you can off the car without affecting it's ability to roll up onto the tow truck and be pulled away. Modules, unseen parts, sensors, brackets, accessories, etc. lol.

It's a bit of a grey area... the car can't really roll very well due tot he suspension damage. I';ve got ratchet clamp/straps around the control arm, strut, anti roll bar and from beam... to try and stop the wheel from moving back into the frame... But it's not doing a great job and the wheel drags because it's kicked out at an angle.  It's currently on a gravel drive, and it's got a space saver wheel on that I took out of the other car... which will need to be removed. So they may have to lift it onto a transporter.

 

As for removing stuff... I've got a few sensors out from the engine Air flow, MAF and frequency solenoid... those 3 alone would cost around £400-500 to replace. It had a brand new battery a few months ago, so that's removed. I'd swapped the headlights out as I refurbished them 6 months ago... The old ones are just inside the house, so if they ask I can grab them and just pretend like I didn't want a load of large parts visible in the car in case some one tried to steal stuff. but sensors can't be seen unless you open the bonnet and remove the top engine cover.

 

Basically I'll remove what I can and see if they ask about things... as I said I can just argue that I didn't want to leave stuff lying about in the car to be stolen and If I keep it right inside the front door. I can literally just reach in and grab it when asked.

 

Until I receive the money from the insurance... the car legally belongs to me... after that it becomes the property of the insurance and whoever they assign to dispose of it. technically it has to be in the same condition as it was at the accident, however I am permitted to remove items I have fitted... hence half the dash already being pulled out to get at stuff and wiring... I could put it back together and hide a few bits if I wanted.


System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

Link to post
Share on other sites

These plugs seem a little white for at least 10k miles. 

 

20190930_150056.jpg

Heres the dirtiest one, and the only one dirty. 

20190930_150620.thumb.jpg.21eac9e219bc87b8b22cf590de155d12.jpg


Join the nyalliance today, nya! ❤️

AMD 3700X GTX 1660 Super

Gigabyte X570 Aorus pro 16g 3200MHZ

Cooler Master MS110 combo fractal meshify C

Will be adding Samsung SSD's and an NZXT AIO to cool the CPU when adding voltage.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 4:14 PM, ProfBrown said:

I am tossing around the idea of trying picking up a 2000-2003 BMW 540i with a manual... Love the sound, the look to me is still very modern in many ways, decent aftermarket and great pricing.. If only they got better mileage lol, but how can you complain about mileage considering its a v8 in a larger sedan, when you consider that, 21 MPG isn't bad at all, especially with its age? I drive too much to be having these thoughts lol! 

 

Had an e36 328i manual and I loved it, just was at a time I wanted a truck. Had the truck, now I drive to much so I got the TDI golf wagon, but now I am missing the stick shift and the gasser rev happy sound from the BMW I had lol. Carcaine is an addiction and I need help! Preferably in the from of cash so I can support my habit in a healthy manner lol.

I'd love better mileage rn, the California Gas Prices are killing me since my car takes 91.


CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : Gloway 2400Mhz 8GB CL16 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

I'd love better mileage rn, the California Gas Prices are killing me since my car takes 91.

What your daily? Where about in Cali?

 

I came from a truck doing about 14.2 mpg and about 60-700 miles a week lol. Trust me, the car change up was more of a necessity than a want lol. If it was all wants, I'd have kept the truck a while longer, or gone with a V8 RWD car of sorts lol.


My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

 

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

 

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×