Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

 

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

 

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Recommended Posts

so uh there's a Chevy Dealer's Bargain lot near my work so I walked over there this morning and saw a pretty decent 2003 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan.

One owner, no accidents 

 

96,006 miles for $3,480.

 

Spoiler

730C695F-67FF-4D3B-99A6-75C6C80D4EB8.thumb.jpeg.7051a0185e399663458842f6fea60bc5.jpeg

Spoiler

6CCDBC10-ABBC-4D80-8A47-9C8DC364EA5C.thumb.jpeg.bbbfa68df57557a12f4cc764e3dec3d4.jpeg

Spoiler

AD98857B-0214-4EA2-B828-8ADA3A351BE3.thumb.jpeg.a6d71fe107cb3f485dd2ef7c9f6cd5a5.jpeg

Spoiler

My face is funny in this one 8102B4E5-74DF-415D-8326-925CFE5DA39D.thumb.jpeg.539e73fe8047342d43edce569d9032f7.jpeg

Spoiler

430666E9-BED6-4734-B056-1ABBF5F20C06.thumb.jpeg.5b537ead17f21f03cf2958f1221b3e56.jpeg

 


a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though it's GM Saab it's still built like a tank. As long as you don't mind it leaking something all the time it should last fairly well as long as you keep it full of fluids. Be aware that it's got a literal labyrinth of hoses under the hood for oil, coolant, p/s, etc so it's not very user friendly to work on past basic stuff like spark plugs. I don't know if the Saab version of the Eco-tec engine had timing chain issues or not or if 03 was past those problems. We had a customer with that drivetrain in a wagon and they just constantly abused the car, I think it's still going. Like one oil change a year, almost  no oil, running it out of random fluids, over heating it, etc. Kept on going. What a shitbox but it ran.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Even though it's GM Saab it's still built like a tank. As long as you don't mind it leaking something all the time it should last fairly well as long as you keep it full of fluids. Be aware that it's got a literal labyrinth of hoses under the hood for oil, coolant, p/s, etc so it's not very user friendly to work on past basic stuff like spark plugs. I don't know if the Saab version of the Eco-tec engine had timing chain issues or not or if 03 was past those problems. We had a customer with that drivetrain in a wagon and they just constantly abused the car, I think it's still going. Like one oil change a year, almost  no oil, running it out of random fluids, over heating it, etc. Kept on going. What a shitbox but it ran.

well that's my concern lol

 

that if there are leaks, where are they and how bad they are.

 

I figure it's a 16 year old car so there's bound to be leaks, however the extent I'm not so sure.

 

the trunk has issues opening and makes a noise in motion from the springs but that seems normal?

the glovebox someone broke and there's a piece of interior trim on the passenger side next to key hole thing (CIM?) that's loose

and yeah that one pic I uploaded I saw the mess of hoses

730C695F-67FF-4D3B-99A6-75C6C80D4EB8.jpeg


a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

well that's my concern lol

 

that if there are leaks, where are they and how bad they are.

 

I figure it's a 16 year old car so there's bound to be leaks, however the extent I'm not so sure.

 

the trunk has issues opening and makes a noise in motion from the springs but that seems normal?

the glovebox someone broke and there's a piece of interior trim on the passenger side next to key hole thing (CIM?) that's loose

and yeah that one pic I uploaded I saw the mess of hoses

-snip-

michelin tires means someone took care of it prob.

I only say that though because they usually cost more than what most ppl buy.


"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

michelin tires means someone took care of it prob.

I only say that though because they usually cost more than what most ppl buy.

I was kinda surprised to see Michelin lol

but yeah that's good to know that's a good sign lol

 

it's one owner so and yeah under 100k miles


a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Without seeing it I'd venture a guess that the Saab is a more solid car than the Tribute, just being lower miles. Also Saab owners are weirdos so more likely it was somewhat taken care of.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Saab owners are weirdos

I knew Saab was the car for me!


We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

 

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

 Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)
Framepainting-inator: PowerColor PCS+ R9 290

Attachcorethingy: GA-H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone Fara R1-based case for half the price

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Logitech G203 Prodigy

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: 2x Samsung SMB2030N (1600x900 VGA)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

so uh there's a Chevy Dealer's Bargain lot near my work so I walked over there this morning and saw a pretty decent 2003 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan.

One owner, no accidents 

 

96,006 miles for $3,480.

 

  Hide contents

 

  Hide contents

 

  Hide contents

 

  Hide contents

My face is funny in this one 

  Hide contents

 

 

Seems to be the twin to my 05 Arc, mine has about 80K on it and has been rock solid other than some typical maintenance stuff. That's a solid deal as well for a Big T model

(2.0t had a smaller turbo, 2.0T had a bigger turbo)

 

The gas gauge on these cars tend to be a bit finicky, mine reads empty until I burn between 1/16 or 1/8 of a tank

 

These cars tend to let water in every now and then from the cabin air filter, either get a new gasket, or a bit of sealer on the surface and that takes care of it perfectly.

 

The radio you better love (The headunit that is) because it's connected with fiber optics and is nearly impossible to replace outright with an aftermarket unit, if you wanted an aftermarket one people take out the CD player and wire up a headunit in that location. 

 

Other than those minor issues (Which can be taken care of in an afternoon) it's an absolutely phenomenal car, especially for the price they go for

 

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Even though it's GM Saab it's still built like a tank. As long as you don't mind it leaking something all the time it should last fairly well as long as you keep it full of fluids. Be aware that it's got a literal labyrinth of hoses under the hood for oil, coolant, p/s, etc so it's not very user friendly to work on past basic stuff like spark plugs. I don't know if the Saab version of the Eco-tec engine had timing chain issues or not or if 03 was past those problems. We had a customer with that drivetrain in a wagon and they just constantly abused the car, I think it's still going. Like one oil change a year, almost  no oil, running it out of random fluids, over heating it, etc. Kept on going. What a shitbox but it ran.

Mine has never had a leak of any nature, 05 with 80K on it. Only issues I've had are typical maintenance things

58382593_282976595984999_8473208208507273216_n.thumb.jpg.b9c76bec5d576c7f0a2ec8138c89fe62.jpg

828241200_37765314_2063452727059641_1110758914468610048_o(1).thumb.jpg.b71658a7ae5f1c3f8b1c1c754d156fb3.jpg


CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Without seeing it I'd venture a guess that the Saab is a more solid car than the Tribute, just being lower miles. Also Saab owners are weirdos so more likely it was somewhat taken care of.

I've only had 3 so far. But I do love them dearly, always on the hunt for another one, or a few more ?


CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and my father got an offer to buy a ford model t 1911, a once in a lifetime offer that we accepted. 

 

My father's 1914 (left) model t and my and my father's 1911 model t (right)

sketch-1569302117693.thumb.png.4101b7ba2cda65f205ac51f6708fc8fc.png

 

sketch-1569302108758.thumb.png.d69c87485a397e39e8bef30d5886dab7.png

 

There is some restoration to be done on the 1911 which is going to be fixed during the winter. 


CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

 

My Anime List 300+ completed

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 5:26 PM, chaozbandit said:

Hows the weather down there

 

 

lmao

 

@warmmilk @bcredeur97

I saw that on his stories, that rain was nuts!

 

also Jackie totaled his BMW Supra... :( 


Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Seems to be the twin to my 05 Arc, mine has about 80K on it and has been rock solid other than some typical maintenance stuff. That's a solid deal as well for a Big T model

(2.0t had a smaller turbo, 2.0T had a bigger turbo)

 

The gas gauge on these cars tend to be a bit finicky, mine reads empty until I burn between 1/16 or 1/8 of a tank

 

These cars tend to let water in every now and then from the cabin air filter, either get a new gasket, or a bit of sealer on the surface and that takes care of it perfectly.

 

The radio you better love (The headunit that is) because it's connected with fiber optics and is nearly impossible to replace outright with an aftermarket unit, if you wanted an aftermarket one people take out the CD player and wire up a headunit in that location. 

 

Other than those minor issues (Which can be taken care of in an afternoon) it's an absolutely phenomenal car, especially for the price they go for

 

Mine has never had a leak of any nature, 05 with 80K on it. Only issues I've had are typical maintenance things

58382593_282976595984999_8473208208507273216_n.thumb.jpg.b9c76bec5d576c7f0a2ec8138c89fe62.jpg

828241200_37765314_2063452727059641_1110758914468610048_o(1).thumb.jpg.b71658a7ae5f1c3f8b1c1c754d156fb3.jpg

A bit of update to the price too, $2700 now. That’s kinda irresistible lol


a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

so uh there's a Chevy Dealer's Bargain lot near my work so I walked over there this morning and saw a pretty decent 2003 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan.

One owner, no accidents 

 

96,006 miles for $3,480.

 

  Hide contents

730C695F-67FF-4D3B-99A6-75C6C80D4EB8.thumb.jpeg.7051a0185e399663458842f6fea60bc5.jpeg

  Hide contents

6CCDBC10-ABBC-4D80-8A47-9C8DC364EA5C.thumb.jpeg.bbbfa68df57557a12f4cc764e3dec3d4.jpeg

  Hide contents

AD98857B-0214-4EA2-B828-8ADA3A351BE3.thumb.jpeg.a6d71fe107cb3f485dd2ef7c9f6cd5a5.jpeg

  Hide contents

My face is funny in this one 8102B4E5-74DF-415D-8326-925CFE5DA39D.thumb.jpeg.539e73fe8047342d43edce569d9032f7.jpeg

  Hide contents

430666E9-BED6-4734-B056-1ABBF5F20C06.thumb.jpeg.5b537ead17f21f03cf2958f1221b3e56.jpeg

 

 

finally a good car... :D 

get it before someone else does .... 
Also the rust in the pics ... finally looks easily fixable :ph34r:


Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

 

finally a good car... :D 

get it before someone else does .... 
Also the rust in the pics ... finally looks easily fixable :ph34r:

Oh yeah it’s $2700 now 

the only things I know for sure is wrong with it is the trunk is reluctant to open and the glove box is broken not sure how it is mechanically but it seems like someone took care of it


a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Oh yeah it’s $2700 now 

the only things I know for sure is wrong with it is the trunk is reluctant to open and the glove box is broken not sure how it is mechanically but it seems like someone took care of it

saabs .. .especially if its a 1 owner car ... are taken care of 

saab owners tend to love them


Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

A bit of update to the price too, $2700 now. That’s kinda irresistible lol

I paid over 4000 for mine, and don't regret it one bit. That's a steal


CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed my catch can today

82912022-4D41-44BF-8053-82E41DDDDE1E.jpeg


[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, warmmilk said:

I saw that on his stories, that rain was nuts!

 

also Jackie totaled his BMW Supra... :( 

 

Zupra

 

RIP

 

August 2019 - September 2019


Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

 

Zupra

 

RIP

 

August 2019 - September 2019

hahahahahah... it lasted more than a month didn't it?

 

edit:

damn you're right... His first Supra vid was posted August 10th


Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

hahahahahah... it lasted more than a month didn't it?

 

edit:

damn you're right... His first Supra vid was posted August 10th

 

Yep Alex posted to his story. I have it somewhere...

 

 


Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bitter@RevoltTrain@PandaCopyRight

 

Can't do shit til Saturday but the sales person made me super anxious because someone test drove it like 40 minutes after the guy drove me around the block in it.


It's super nice lol


a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

 

@Bitter@RevoltTrain@PandaCopyRight

 

Can't do shit til Saturday but the sales person made me super anxious because someone test drove it like 40 minutes after the guy drove me around the block in it.


It's super nice lol

Clean that engine bay! Lol

 

when I bought my civic first thing I did was clean everything I was gonna have to work on. Entire engine bay, all the suspension (took wheels off and cleaned) 

 

I hate dirt falling in my face when I’m trying to fix something 


"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

 

Yep Alex posted to his story. I have it somewhere...

 

 

yeah it sucks.. but he had track insurance, so its not the end of the world.  his crash vid youtube comments tho... people are assholes...


Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

 

video0.mov 10.5 MB · 1 download

@Bitter@RevoltTrain@PandaCopyRight

 

Can't do shit til Saturday but the sales person made me super anxious because someone test drove it like 40 minutes after the guy drove me around the block in it.


It's super nice lol

duuuuuude .. get it ... ASAP :D 


Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×