Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

56 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Lol ultrasonic cleaners got so popular all of a sudden. People didn’t know they existed I guess.

My dad is a jeweler so he always had several. They basically run 24/7 in his shop. Heated too. But they are pretty small 

Yeah this is my first one. The heating element is kinda weak. Its getting to like 66-67c when set at 75c, but she cleans well /shrug.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Lol ultrasonic cleaners got so popular all of a sudden. People didn’t know they existed I guess.

My dad is a jeweler so he always had several. They basically run 24/7 in his shop. Heated too. But they are pretty small 

They're basically magic. I need to get a bigger one even though I have no use for a bigger one but I know I'll find uses once I have one.

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I've always wanted one, can't justify the space more than anything lol

Took off of work for 2 weeks. Asked all my friends and no one wanted to do anything 

so here I am on the road to nowhere with no plans lol. No idea where I’ll end up! 

image.jpg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Took off of work for 2 weeks. Asked all my friends and no one wanted to do anything 

so here I am on the road to nowhere with no plans lol. No idea where I’ll end up!

Good luck, get in to a fight in a Waffle House parking lot at 2am.

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Good luck, get in to a fight in a Waffle House parking lot at 2am.

Gonna call u to bail me out of jail 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

58 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Gonna call u to bail me out of jail 

That's how my ass ends up sitting in jail next to you lmao

Welp, Saab got sold a while back due to me moving. 

Really itching to get a first gen, late year, Cooper S, but the fact that most of the ones for sale have blown motors makes it just slightly too unnerving of a proposition.... 

Maybe time for a TT?..

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

What’s down highway Z?

2BB63663-E045-42C0-8653-8ECC9C78C699.jpeg

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Bitter said:

I was heading to Kansas City. I’m still there 

I’ve actually been to Branson and silver dollar city! I remember the cinnamon bread there to this day. Stuff had no right to be that good 😂 

anyways. I’ve had my fill of walking around and eating some bbq here, just dissapointed the ww1 museum was closed on mondays 😕 

any ideas where should I go next? 

anything cool in Omaha, NE? 

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I was heading to Kansas City. I’m still there 

I’ve actually been to Branson and silver dollar city! I remember the cinnamon bread there to this day. Stuff had no right to be that good 😂 

anyways. I’ve had my fill of walking around and eating some bbq here, just dissapointed the ww1 museum was closed on mondays 😕 

any ideas where should I go next? 

anything cool in Omaha, NE? 

I know a guy there, but that's it 😂

Oh they have this fast food chain with these weird like pocket pastries that are vaguely Amish in origin. Wanted to try one.

Pour one out, looks like the GF's 2016 Escape trans died at 125K miles. Rather it's stopped working and could be fixed but she's weighing just getting a different car since these have potential head gasket problems long term which need the block to be replaced. Hers hasn't used any coolant yet but you know you fix the trans and then.

Trans rebuilder said the TCC shreds and clogs the filter, sounds like what she has.

6 hours ago, Bitter said:

Pour one out, looks like the GF's 2016 Escape trans died at 125K miles. Rather it's stopped working and could be fixed but she's weighing just getting a different car since these have potential head gasket problems long term which need the block to be replaced. Hers hasn't used any coolant yet but you know you fix the trans and then.

Trans rebuilder said the TCC shreds and clogs the filter, sounds like what she has.

😞 RIP

Spoiler

56B920F6-89A2-474E-B7A3-7C9DE527F208.jpeg.e66541f5675768fea1c44303a1fe0a2b.jpegGot a fun no context picture for y’all 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Got a fun no context picture for y’all 

Better double up for safety purposes

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

56B920F6-89A2-474E-B7A3-7C9DE527F208.jpeg.e66541f5675768fea1c44303a1fe0a2b.jpegGot a fun no context picture for y’all 

Brake pedal bracket bushings... really common on older fords and chryslers lol. Done a lot of them back in the day.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

So our list of cars to test drive

Corolla Cross Hybrid

HRV

CX-30

CX-5

Any other suggestions?

14 minutes ago, Bitter said:

So our list of cars to test drive

Corolla Cross Hybrid

HRV

CX-30

CX-5

Any other suggestions?

I had an HR-V. hateful car to drive. Those CVTs suck ass, especially in an SUV. I'd look at a RAV4 hybrid as well. 

4 hours ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

I had an HR-V. hateful car to drive. Those CVTs suck ass, especially in an SUV. I'd look at a RAV4 hybrid as well. 

Yeah I'm not hot on that one. It's a lot smaller than the outgoing car.

Had some bitch try to tell our front counter staff that "it's a HIPPA violation to have the works orders out on the desk" B I T C H does this look like healthcare? H you dumb hoe, it's not CIPPA.

8 hours ago, Bitter said:

Had some bitch try to tell our front counter staff that "it's a HIPPA violation to have the works orders out on the desk" B I T C H does this look like healthcare? H you dumb hoe, it's not CIPPA.

You see, I’m too nice. I try to explain things to people in a friendly manner when it’s clear they don’t know something. Lol

maybe would of opened with a laugh and a “who told you that?” And went from there 

Spoiler

I want to see the badlands, black hills, and Mount Rushmore so I guess I’m going that direction tomorrow.

gonna be a long drive home lol

Spoiler