Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

What do you guys think of how the Corolla sounds? The engine and exhaust are completely stock, but I was thinking about getting a new muffler, maybe a Magnaflow one.

Futura:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 3.8GHz @ 1.3V  GPUGigabyte RX 570

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm

SSD: HP M700 120GB RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C16 @ 1.35V 

Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: In Win 101 (Black) PSU: Corsair CX450

Infinity (Upgraded Dell XPS 410):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: EVGA Geforce 750 Ti SC

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB

PSU: Corsair CX450

Car: 

2004 Toyota Corolla

Engine: 1ZZ-FE, 140HP Transmission: C59 5spd Manual

Weight: 2500lbs/1130kg

Mods:

M-Pact Performance Clutch

Subaru Outback 17" Rims

1 minute ago, dcgreen2k said:

What do you guys think of how the Corolla sounds? The engine and exhaust are completely stock, but I was thinking about getting a new muffler, maybe a Magnaflow one.

At the end of the day it's your car and your money, do whatever you want to it. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVME M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Yamaha HPH-MT5 headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

5 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

I am not sure about megan racing, but i know for sure that Eibach will be great stuff, well worth the money imo. I think @RevoltTrain has them on his 9-3 ... or at least wanted to get some.

Found this on their website: 

https://eibachshop.com/index.php?p817,eibach-pro-kit-springs-saab-9-3

Eibachs and Bilsteins

1 hour ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Okay thanks for the advice. If I want to make sure they fit all I need to do is match the first three letters to my vin right?0 Eibach says they are for ys3f. I am asking because I see some places list them as 2003-2005 only. CarID asks for a sub number 12,40 or 44 for OEM springs. 

Part of that is trim related, the other is engine based. The Aero rides lower from factory, and in 06 The Aero got a heavier V6 vs the B207R. Which is part of that year designation 

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

The first brand new vehicle I bought was a 2014 Ford Ranger XLT Rap Cab in Panther Black with a small engine and with quite literally no optional extra equipment.. And now I have the fully loaded 2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak X Double Cab. I like the color scheme a lot, but sadly if you want the Wildtrak X that has this unique color scheme, you have to get a Double Cab with short bed. Not the Rap Cab with a longer bed. So that kinda sucks, but the Ford Performance Blue color and the black parts are awesome!

Pictures are from http://pickupand4x4.co.uk/

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0264-1024x681.jpg

DSC_0268-1024x681.jpg

DSC_0292-1024x681.jpg

DSC_0291-1024x681.jpgDSC_0288-1024x681.jpg

DSC_0051-1024x681.jpg

53 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

The first brand new vehicle I bought was a 2014 Ford Ranger XLT Rap Cab in Panther Black with a small engine and with quite literally no optional extra equipment.. And now I have the fully loaded 2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak X Double Cab. I like the color scheme a lot, but sadly if you want the Wildtrak X that has this unique color scheme, you have to get a Double Cab with short bed. Not the Rap Cab with a longer bed. So that kinda sucks, but the Ford Performance Blue color and the black parts are awesome!

Awesome! Looks great, what engine is that in there? The Rangers on this side of the pond only get the 2.3L, at least for now.

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1 

31 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Awesome! Looks great, what engine is that in there? The Rangers on this side of the pond only get the 2.3L, at least for now.

It's a 3.2L TDCi 200HK 6-gear automatic. 5 Cylinder I believe, with AdBlue system (DEF) But they are updating the EU Ranger a tad again, it's getting the interior from the US model. It's already quite similar but it's getting the US gear-leveler and some more Ranger logo's inside.

The new updated version will also offer HID headlights and LED fog lights and the RANGER text on the tailgate is getting a bigger and more fatter font.

Also the only the 2.3 engine will be offered, not the 3.2.. But it's going to be something similar to the US one, but it's getting a better 8-gear automatic instead of the 6 gear. So Ford promises it'll be better. Less liters but more torque and stuff.

I'm happy with it, but like mentioned it sucks you can't get the Performance Blue and black color scheme on the small cab that has a much longer bed. Since the cargo bed right now is really small, especially with the roll cover and that spoiler eating up space as well.

Then again, I barely move things in the back. But the few times I do, most things don't fit so you need to rent a trailer. Which makes owning a pickup kinda, useless. But washing machine's and stuff fit in the back so.. Yeah.

1 hour ago, SnowWolf370 said:

I'm quite happy to see the Ranger making it's return to the US

We had one when I was growing up (Either a 94 or 95) extended cab short bed, with the V6 and a manual in that great purple color they used to do. Loved that thing to bits

Image result for purple ford ranger

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

I'm quite happy to see the Ranger making it's return to the US

The only thing that is insane at least from my understanding is that the Ranger costs the same as a F-150 with the same equipment and stuff?

Then again, the Ranger over here isn't cheap either. But it's on level with the Hilux and Amarok etc, and we don't have the "big boy" pickups like F series, Colorado or Ram being sold here. Some are imported but they are taxed even more heavily, and most of them hit the weight limits of cars. Meaning they need to be restricted weight wise or it's CDL and 18-wheeler taxes and inspections time.

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Eibachs and Bilsteins

Part of that is trim related, the other is engine based. The Aero rides lower from factory, and in 06 The Aero got a heavier V6 vs the B207R. Which is part of that year designation 

I am having trouble finding them. Could I go to a local shop and have them just put something in or is it better to buy them first? Honestly my roads are crap so I might just get the original Lesjofors. Would these fit?

@SnowWolf370

Why do Ford's these days look so average? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVME M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Yamaha HPH-MT5 headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

1 minute ago, SnowWolf370 said:

The only thing that is insane at least from my understanding is that the Ranger costs the same as a F-150 with the same equipment and stuff?

Then again, the Ranger over here isn't cheap either. But it's on level with the Hilux and Amarok etc, and we don't have the "big boy" pickups like F series, Colorado or Ram being sold here. Some are imported but they are taxed even more heavily, and most of them hit the weight limits of cars. Meaning they need to be restricted weight wise or it's CDL and 18-wheeler taxes and inspections time.

They're pretty close price wise IIRC here between the F150 and Ranger. The colorado isn't a fullsize here, and is more in line with the Ranger (and the old S10)

The big three trucks here would be the F-Series, Silverado, and Ram

I personally prefer a smaller truck if it's going to be daily driven and if you need something that can do more, I tend to prefer older trucks for that situation (90's era GM for the most part)

Ran across one of these for sale. Had one eons ago. I'd forgotten how attractive they are.

Like I need another project to drop money on....

sigh, sometimes it sucks being an adult.

Yamaha FZR600 89  1.jpg

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

@SnowWolf370

Why do Ford's these days look so average? 

Because they are styled to match the European Ford models and be "on-par" with the vehicles released by Toyota, Amarok etc. Actually over here the Ranger is considered the most aggressive and mean looking pickup, and has the "cool" stamp. I guess it just doesn't fit well in the US considering the styling the new F-Series and the Ram etc has, and that flat nose the Colorado has gotten.

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

They're pretty close price wise IIRC here between the F150 and Ranger. The colorado isn't a fullsize here, and is more in line with the Ranger (and the old S10)

The big three trucks here would be the F-Series, Silverado, and Ram

I personally prefer a smaller truck if it's going to be daily driven and if you need something that can do more, I tend to prefer older trucks for that situation (90's era GM for the most part)

Ah yeah, I meant the Silverado. We no longer have Chevrolet in Europe as they pulled out, and Ram was never here. I actually owned a Ram but with a modern pickup with so many computer glitches and faults, and no real dealerships around it was a headache that I sold. It was almost brand new but had loads of problems and horrible fuel economy.

Ford is the only "US" brand that sells pickups and the Ranger is the biggest they got, they don't sell the F Series new here, like mentioned it's only for really interested people that import them etc. But they are a few!

When buying a brand spanking new truck it's easier to have a dealership, the Ford's I've had there's been a few problems with. But you can just march into the dealership, slam your fist in the table and get things fixed. With the almost brand new Ram it didn't work that way..... lol.

But yeah, I liked the Ford the most out of the Hilux, Amarok and other pickups being offered new from dealerships here. It's the best looking in my mind, you get the most stuff or your money and it has the highest safety rating. And in some cases highest tow capacity. Which in Europe is often restricted to how well the vehicle is rated, not engine size etc.

6 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

I am having trouble finding them. Could I go to a local shop and have them just put something in or is it better to buy them first? Honestly my roads are crap so I might just get the original Lesjofors. Would these fit?

I'd personally order through eSaabParts if you wanted to stick with OEM parts, they only sell OEM stuff, and are owned by the national Saab Museum

And if you want to lower the car, I'd recommend these all day. As long as your struts are in good shape these would treat you great 

https://www.brewcityboost.com/product/vogtland-sport-lowering-spring-set-11/

7 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Ah yeah, I meant the Silverado. We no longer have Chevrolet in Europe as they pulled out, and Ram was never here. I actually owned a Ram but with a modern pickup with so many computer glitches and faults, and no real dealerships around it was a headache that I sold. It was almost brand new but had loads of problems and horrible fuel economy.

Ford is the only "US" brand that sells pickups and the Ranger is the biggest they got, they don't sell the F Series new here, like mentioned it's only for really interested people that import them etc. But they are a few!

When buying a brand spanking new truck it's easier to have a dealership, the Ford's I've had there's been a few problems with. But you can just march into the dealership, slam your fist in the table and get things fixed. With the almost brand new Ram it didn't work that way..... lol.

But yeah, I liked the Ford the most out of the Hilux, Amarok and other pickups being offered new from dealerships here. It's the best looking in my mind, you get the most stuff or your money and it has the highest safety rating. And in some cases highest tow capacity. Which in Europe is often restricted to how well the vehicle is rated, not engine size etc.

I tend to stick with GM products overall, from personal experience they have treated me better. The Rams I've always stayed away from, and same with the Toyotas. They just don't tend to hold up as well in these parts especially where the winters can be pretty brutal. I've been seeing a lot of newer Rams, Toyotas, and even Ford trucks rotting out in 2 -3 years and leaving holes in the side of the bed

1 minute ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Because they are styled to match the European Ford models and be "on-par" with the vehicles released by Toyota, Amarok etc. Actually over here the Ranger is considered the most aggressive and mean looking pickup, and has the "cool" stamp. I guess it just doesn't fit well in the US considering the styling the new F-Series and the Ram etc has, and that flat nose the Colorado has gotten.

Don't get me wrong, Ford's aren't particularly terrible cars but apart from the hotter European models and US Mustangs and GT's a lot of them aren't built with love.  

زندگی از چراغ

17 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

I was wondering around my local Ford lot the other day and they had a Ranger Lariat 4-door right next to an F150 Lariat 4-door, The ranger was $41k usd, and the F150 was $44k usd. So they seem pretty similar in price. I cant help but wonder if that will hurt Ranger sales, at least in the US.

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1 

44 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

We no longer have Chevrolet in Europe

Huh,

I was unaware Chevy was *ever* in europe...what did they sell?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Huh,

I was unaware Chevy was *ever* in europe...what did they sell?

Some small hatch backs, mini SUV's and some station wagons. No sedans, large SUV's or pickups. And not any muscle cars, pretty much everything Chevrolet sold is now being solder under the Opel logo instead, that's why they pulled out. Cause having two models, one Chevrolet and one Open when they are identical was silly. Nothing mind blowing was lost... I posted some examples below.

Large%20Image_9803.jpg?itok=7Zrb99ek

chevrolet-orlando_0_0.jpg?itok=U-8VBBCr

86C00F80-89D2-4D54-853F-7566E6B204BE.jpeg

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

14 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Something seems off about that Miata...

Futura:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 3.8GHz @ 1.3V  GPUGigabyte RX 570

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm

SSD: HP M700 120GB RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C16 @ 1.35V 

Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: In Win 101 (Black) PSU: Corsair CX450

Infinity (Upgraded Dell XPS 410):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: EVGA Geforce 750 Ti SC

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB

PSU: Corsair CX450

Car: 

2004 Toyota Corolla

Engine: 1ZZ-FE, 140HP Transmission: C59 5spd Manual

Weight: 2500lbs/1130kg

Mods:

M-Pact Performance Clutch

Subaru Outback 17" Rims

14 minutes ago, dcgreen2k said:

Something seems off about that Miata...

Just a little xD

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

14 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

*SNIP*

For the one Miata driver who actually has friends! /s

17 hours ago, bcredeur97 said: