Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

11 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

There is this saab 9-3 at  my work could probably get it for 3000-3500 its FWD and Auto. Kinda wanted to learn stick though. 

I see some V6s no good V8s though.

I've got a FWD Auto 9-3 and love it. Thing is a great little daily

37765314_2063452727059641_1110758914468610048_o (1).jpg

58382593_282976595984999_8473208208507273216_n.jpg

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

On 6/1/2019 at 1:52 AM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Most people that buy trucks or SUVs should be buying minivans or sedans. They just want trucks and SUVs to feel like they have some meaning in life because their kids drained them of any meaning.

around here in my state, SUVs > minivans. Sure some minivans have AWD, but with how fucked the weather can be, gimme a 4wd SUV. trees down over the road, small landslides, standing water, no snow for 360 days out of the year, and then a foot and a half over night for the remaining 5 days while the government looses its shit because the county has all of three fucking plows- yeah fuck that. Gimme some ground clearance and a shovel. I gotta be at work.

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

3 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Looks nice is the tiptronic transmission mode decent? 

It's honestly pretty good and responsive when I've used it. The pre facelift like mine doesn't have the paddle shifters though, while the facelifted 9-3 does. If you want paddle shifters as well I'd highly recommend the facelift model

Image result for 09 9-3

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

11 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

It's honestly pretty good and responsive when I've used it. The pre facelift like mine doesn't have the paddle shifters though, while the facelifted 9-3 does. If you want paddle shifters as well I'd highly recommend the facelift model

Image result for 09 9-3

Looks like someone beat me to it but I see an Aero (manual trans) with about 150k listed for $3800 would have to talk them down a bit on the price. Got beat again lmao. Okay now its probably an Auto Aero or stick 2.0T. hmmm why does this have to be so hard 😑

@warmmilk

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@warmmilk

been waiting for you to catch me up...

whats with the idiot on the s2k stopping mid corner getting in Sasha's way?

Do you know what times the other 2 ran? did James beat Will's time?

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I would love to get this Celica, except it costs 17.5 thousand dollars...

Futura:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 3.8GHz @ 1.3V  GPUGigabyte RX 570

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm

SSD: HP M700 120GB RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C16 @ 1.35V 

Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: In Win 101 (Black) PSU: Corsair CX450

Infinity (Upgraded Dell XPS 410):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: EVGA Geforce 750 Ti SC

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB

PSU: Corsair CX450

Car: 

2004 Toyota Corolla

Engine: 1ZZ-FE, 140HP Transmission: C59 5spd Manual

Weight: 2500lbs/1130kg

Mods:

M-Pact Performance Clutch

Subaru Outback 17" Rims

20 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Looks like someone beat me to it but I see an Aero (manual trans) with about 150k listed for $3800 would have to talk them down a bit on the price. Got beat again lmao. Okay now its probably an Auto Aero or stick 2.0T. hmmm why does this have to be so hard 😑

Another great thing with the facelift 9-3 is the radio situation. For some odd reason the 03-07 9-3 (Pre facelift) they connected the headunit with fiber optics, and it's an odd shaped headunit, which just about makes replacing it if you ever want or need to, just about impossible.

I'd also highly recommend looking for a clean 9-5, as long as it doesn't have the 3.0 V6, those motors were absolute trash. I love my 9-5 Wagon, have had it for a few years now

20170831_124430 (1).jpg

After getting increasingly pissed off at the bodyshop that has my car(which included it being parked up outside and bird shit etching the paint), it's finally being started on this week. 

It's been with them for 2 months. And off the road a total of 9 months now. Time flies when you're catching the bus xD 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

6 hours ago, warmmilk said:

been waiting for you to catch me up...

whats with the idiot on the s2k stopping mid corner getting in Sasha's way?

Do you know what times the other 2 ran? did James beat Will's time?

That run was from one of the earlier days I think, probably just went off.

AFAIK Will still holds the track record but by less than a second now, at 1:23.775 from 2018.

C. Boersma - 1:35.209

S. Anis - 1:31.440

J. Houghton - 1:27.249

W. Au-Yeung - 1:25.077

^ I didn't even know Will was there??

image.thumb.png.d2e630639ea7cce38a49403e48104614.png

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

What do you guys think about this. I seen a 9-3 2.0T auto for about $2800 taxes induced with only 100k on it. The problem is one of the back windows is either sticky or the motor is going out, passenger door lock actuator is out and no ac and some clunking over bumps in the back maybe a sway bar link?

Versus a car with lets say 50-60k more miles on it but needs no work for the same price (+- a few hundred) 

like the idea of having lower miles but with the ac and all the work im not sure if its worth. I feel like this actually applies to a lot of used cars. 

3 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

What do you guys think about this. I seen a 9-3 2.0T auto for about $2800 taxes induced with only 100k on it. The problem is one of the back windows is either sticky or the motor is going out, passenger door lock actuator is out and no ac and some clunking over bumps in the back maybe a sway bar link?

Versus a car with lets say 50-60k more miles on it but needs no work for the same price (+- a few hundred) 

like the idea of having lower miles but with the ac and all the work im not sure if its worth. I feel like this actually applies to a lot of used cars. 

AC will be the most difficult thing to deal with really. Lots of GM cars from that time frame have the window and door lock issues. SaabCentral will be a great resource for those issues. I had a bit of a clunk in the suspension on my 9-3 (86K on it) and went through and replaced my shocks and springs and it solved the issue, (It could be something cheaper sometimes, just depends). But a 9-3 is a lot of car for the money. One thing to keep in mind is the 2.0t vs 2.0T designation, the large T means a larger turbo, and better power. If the badge is missing from the car there are a few other ways to tell the difference. The Big T cars tend to have body matched front lip, side skirts, and a rear lip like my 9-3 did from factory. 

I paid about 4K for my 9-3 with 68K on the clock and other than a few small issues here and there (More due to just dailying a car of it's age) it's been absolutely lovely. And I was happy with the price.

If you have photos of the car, (Or link to the ad) it could help a lot with figuring out what options it has and the like

One thing to remember if you go to drive it. The ignition is in the center of the car, behind the shifter, it catches everyone out the first time they get in a Saab. It seems all 9-3s after 2003 have a minor issue with the Fuel Level Sender. At full tank it will read empty more often than not, until you burn off 1/16th - 1/8th of a tank of fuel, and then it will read accurate the rest of the way to Empty. Doesn't change how the car will behave or anything like that, just something to keep in mind. Along with the need for premium fuel, 93 Octane is ideal, but the car will also still be happy on 91 octance

On 6/2/2019 at 11:47 AM, JokerProduction said:

1 piece wrapped my mirrors....  Way more work than it should be.

-snip-

Mirrors are a nightmare to wrap, and those came out great. Just due to the curvature of them. Looks great

2 hours ago, dcgreen2k said:

I would love to get this Celica, except it costs 17.5 thousand dollars...

The price is to be expected really. It's arguably the most desirable as far as specs, and the fact it is a Japanese Import. But JapaneseClassics sells cars in great condition from what I've seen between YouTubers buying cars from them (Most notably TommyFyeah and Ricer Miata) and a few friends that I personally have that have picked up cars from them. 

9 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Mirrors are a nightmare to wrap, and those came out great. Just due to the curvature of them. Looks great

869052_x600.jpg

May God have mercy on the soul of anyone who wraps E36 M3 mirrors.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

1 minute ago, Ross Siggers said:

May God have mercy on the soul of anyone who wraps E36 M3 mirrors.

OH lord. Yeah forget about that all together. Just buy some nice Carbon Fiber mirrors at that point😂

12 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

AC will be the most difficult thing to deal with really. Lots of GM cars from that time frame have the window and door lock issues. SaabCentral will be a great resource for those issues. I had a bit of a clunk in the suspension on my 9-3 (86K on it) and went through and replaced my shocks and springs and it solved the issue, (It could be something cheaper sometimes, just depends). But a 9-3 is a lot of car for the money. One thing to keep in mind is the 2.0t vs 2.0T designation, the large T means a larger turbo, and better power. If the badge is missing from the car there are a few other ways to tell the difference. The Big T cars tend to have body matched front lip, side skirts, and a rear lip like my 9-3 did from factory. 

I paid about 4K for my 9-3 with 68K on the clock and other than a few small issues here and there (More due to just dailying a car of it's age) it's been absolutely lovely. And I was happy with the price.

If you have photos of the car, (Or link to the ad) it could help a lot with figuring out what options it has and the like

One thing to remember if you go to drive it. The ignition is in the center of the car, behind the shifter, it catches everyone out the first time they get in a Saab. It seems all 9-3s after 2003 have a minor issue with the Fuel Level Sender. At full tank it will read empty more often than not, until you burn off 1/16th - 1/8th of a tank of fuel, and then it will read accurate the rest of the way to Empty. Doesn't change how the car will behave or anything like that, just something to keep in mind. Along with the need for premium fuel, 93 Octane is ideal, but the car will also still be happy on 91 octance

It's a 2007 I actually have the vin: YS3FD49Y171146015

So do you think the lower miles are worth it even though it needs more work?

14 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

It's a 2007 I actually have the vin: YS3FD49Y171146015

So do you think the lower miles are worth it even though it needs more work?

I'd always go for a lower mileage car personally. Cleaner high mileage cars are always a gamble in my eyes, especially if you live somewhere with real winters and salted roads.

From doing a quick search on the Vin it looks like it is indeed a big T car with the B207R. If you ever wanted to get some power out of it you'd be in good shape.

I'd still recommend doing a carfax report or something of the like if you intend to purchase, just to try and find some history on the car and see if it has any demons in it's closet

It does look like it has a few nice options, with the nav headunit, and the 6 disc CD changer. HIDs, and the sunroof / moonroof. (At least going from a vin decoder)

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

That run was from one of the earlier days I think, probably just went off.

AFAIK Will still holds the track record but by less than a second now, at 1:23.775 from 2018.

C. Boersma - 1:35.209

S. Anis - 1:31.440

J. Houghton - 1:27.249

W. Au-Yeung - 1:25.077

^ I didn't even know Will was there??

image.thumb.png.d2e630639ea7cce38a49403e48104614.png

neither did I... there's nothing about it on his IG...  thats not like him

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Well, I'm back at looking at Protege5's again.

Also, don't tell me that they're gonna rust: I live in the South. It never snows. Ice barely gets on the roads. Trust me, my main issue would be keeping the cheap paint job maintained.

10 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

The price is to be expected really. It's arguably the most desirable as far as specs, and the fact it is a Japanese Import. But JapaneseClassics sells cars in great condition from what I've seen between YouTubers buying cars from them (Most notably TommyFyeah and Ricer Miata) and a few friends that I personally have that have picked up cars from them. 

Those are crazy the prices you americans are paying for JDM cars.  I imported a bunch 6-10 years ago when all the cars where hitting the canadian 15 year old import rule.  My First JDM i picked up was a ST185 A-spec and paid 7500cad.  Then I bought two ST205s.  A bone stock white 95 with 70k KM and my modified 94 black WRC with 61k(which i have now wracked up to 141k).  Stock one was 6800 and the black was 7500.  Picked up a bone stock 74k 92 mr2 t-top for 3400.  Got another MR2 that only had 25k on it for 5500.  95 Evo III (rip) was 5800.  95 STI RA for 6300.  Although I did import these all myself so that cuts down any middle man and mark up.  Some I got cheaper because I was shipping multiples at a time which made shipping cheaper than using a RORO shipping method for a single car.

I guess most of the LOW km ones would of gone 10 years ago to us because 95k MILES is a shit ton for JDM vehicles.  That one you linked probably would of went for 7-9kcad here max at the time.  I love me the WRC riser blocks the car looks so odd without them.

53 minutes ago, JokerProduction said:

Those are crazy the prices you americans are paying for JDM cars.  I imported a bunch 6-10 years ago when all the cars where hitting the canadian 15 year old import rule.  My First JDM i picked up was a ST185 A-spec and paid 7500cad.  Then I bought two ST205s.  A bone stock white 95 with 70k KM and my modified 94 black WRC with 61k(which i have now wracked up to 141k).  Stock one was 6800 and the black was 7500.  Picked up a bone stock 74k 92 mr2 t-top for 3400.  Got another MR2 that only had 25k on it for 5500.  95 Evo III (rip) was 5800.  95 STI RA for 6300.  Although I did import these all myself so that cuts down any middle man and mark up.  Some I got cheaper because I was shipping multiples at a time which made shipping cheaper than using a RORO shipping method for a single car.

I guess most of the LOW km ones would of gone 10 years ago to us because 95k MILES is a shit ton for JDM vehicles.  That one you linked probably would of went for 7-9kcad here max at the time.  I love me the WRC riser blocks the car looks so odd without them.

I've had my eye on a Skyline sedan, preferably an R32 with the RB20DET. Can be had with less than 40K Miles on them for 8-14K depending on options, mods, and over all condition

But R32 GTRs are eclipsing 30-35K now, and a couple of the MotoRex R34s sold for 150-200K in the last year. Prices keep climbing and climbing, which I wouldn't have really expected in all honesty

Pulled out on 4 times in the space of about 15 minutes.... 

This is why people on motorbicycles think all car drivers are fucking morons 

You look right at me and yet still decide to continue, then when you're in my lane and I'm right up behind you, then you brake