Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

24 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

TFW the super charger has 50% more displacement than my whole engine 😂

I heard some Dodge owners are suing Dodge because the 2022 Demon was the "final call year", which theoretically the last year of a high end muscle car's run is worth money, but not the *second* to last year. 

They pulled a Gene Simmons, doing a farewell tour every year.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

spacer.png

Had a small tour yesterday. Only day this week where we needed it to keep dry, rained all day 😂

Oh well, atleast tears didn't get shred while drifting around corners and didn't bump into many people on foot or bicycles.

does anyone know if linus still has the super rare nicky v edition pink with british green racing stripes 5 speed civic?

Yesterday I had a day free, and the weather was decent for washing, so I did a huge exterior spring clean.

20230327_171943.thumb.JPG.18625486e1bf8f301633bd03f30811ba.JPG

20230327_171656.thumb.JPG.91c89e2fe1d467533f70793dfe3f5535.JPG

Citrus prewash + Snowfoam, contact clean, chemical decon, clay decon, DA polish (meguires compound + polish), wax (Soft99 fusso coat). Total time taken was around 6 hours.

Still need to do interior and alloy wheel barrels, but that'll have to wait for some other time.

First time using Fusso coat, I'll see how long it lasts with only maintainance washes once a fortnight or so.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230329_031055.thumb.jpg.ad97b1e967a528b836a1b8aed62982fe.jpg

Basically i suspect that flipping pcs will make me enough money to go and buy a decent car before i turn 16, 1000$ gets me a cheap x70 cressida glx-i with a 2L 1g inline 6, 1g seems to be rather unpopular since theres like noone selling parts for it so figured the only way would problably be slapping a turbo on it till i swap a 1jz or 2jz if i can find one

Found a turbo thats apparently meant for a pc200-8 excavator but looking at the code thingy its a hx35

is a hx35 gonna be fine to pair with a 2 liter?

And how would i go about strapping the thing to the engine alongside other stuff like hooking up the oil lines?

4 hours ago, iBabySlapper said:

20230327_171943.thumb.JPG.18625486e1bf8f301633bd03f30811ba.JPG

Oooh a 308 GTi, good fun these!

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

👋 I've come to show off my junk 😂

LS swapped 1992 GMC Sonoma GT #70 of 806 (think Syclone LaCroix)

FB_IMG_1657592870967.thumb.jpg.1476d586cd5d40b4e52f7b4c72a9c2e6.jpg

Bolt on and tune LM7 5.3, 4l60e, tubule control arms, viking coilovers, Torsen differential, custom full 3" single exit exhaust

And my daily that is in the shop after someone rear-ended me on Feb 13th.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT

FB_IMG_1661371441441.thumb.jpg.4511a71e8341035ed1fe1d2d1f2402a9.jpg

Dod delete and full bolt on makes 406whp

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5

31 minutes ago, Vonrottes said:

👋 I've come to show off my junk 😂

LS swapped 1992 GMC Sonoma GT #70 of 806 (think Syclone LaCroix)

FB_IMG_1657592870967.thumb.jpg.1476d586cd5d40b4e52f7b4c72a9c2e6.jpg

Bolt on and tune LM7 5.3, 4l60e, tubule control arms, viking coilovers, Torsen differential, custom full 3" single exit exhaust

Reminds me of the old 87 S10 Sport I had that was running a 350 V8 and a modified TH350, it was quick off the line to say the least of it.
Only real issue was the expected lack of traction due to it being light on the rear but took care of that with some carefully measured weight addition in the rear bumper.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

image.png.772acb203214f48c7a93bb5e9ac9b783.png

I think its time for a new job. And yes, this is a new case from all the others.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

Pulled out the seatbelt on a customer car to take it for a test drive....fluffy mold growing on it right where it's nearest my face. Pulled that thing back around into the shop and soaked the seat belt with some industrial de-greaser it's whole length. That's absolutely disgusting and confirms they don't wear a seatbelt while driving. Reminds me of woman in scrubs who had one of the seat belt cheaters plugged into the socket. I scolded her about it and asked if she was a nurse 'yeah I work in the ER', I said 'so you know what happens to people without seatbelts?' she just looks down and says 'yeah' well next time car is in guess what? SAME THING. I mean if you want to die there's easier ways???? That are less expensive and painful!!!!!

3 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Reminds me of the old 87 S10 Sport I had that was running a 350 V8 and a modified TH350, it was quick off the line to say the least of it.
Only real issue was the expected lack of traction due to it being light on the rear but took care of that with some carefully measured weight addition in the rear bumper.

This one doesn't do too bad still has some torque management in the ECU.

Has the battery mounted where the spare tire used to be, double adjustable hydraulic shocks on the rear.. that stuff does only go so far with the stock 215/65r15.

Supposed to be running the same 245/40r19s as the G8 but I just haven't gotten tires mounted on the wheels.

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Pulled out the seatbelt on a customer car to take it for a test drive....fluffy mold growing on it right where it's nearest my face. Pulled that thing back around into the shop and soaked the seat belt with some industrial de-greaser it's whole length. That's absolutely disgusting and confirms they don't wear a seatbelt while driving. Reminds me of woman in scrubs who had one of the seat belt cheaters plugged into the socket. I scolded her about it and asked if she was a nurse 'yeah I work in the ER', I said 'so you know what happens to people without seatbelts?' she just looks down and says 'yeah' well next time car is in guess what? SAME THING. I mean if you want to die there's easier ways???? That are less expensive and painful!!!!!

yeah everyone sees the people who are thrown from the car... that's probably the lucky ones. 

I still honor the argument that seatbelt's shouldn't be government enforced. WOAH WOAH WOAH put the guns away; hear me out: Not wearing a seatbelt is completely STUPID, you're a complete idiot for not doing it. But I do at least see some value in the argument that it's your own decision, even if it's a stupid one

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

28 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

yeah everyone sees the people who are thrown from the car... that's probably the lucky ones. 

I still honor the argument that seatbelt's shouldn't be government enforced. WOAH WOAH WOAH put the guns away; hear me out: Not wearing a seatbelt is completely STUPID, you're a complete idiot for not doing it. But I do at least see some value in the argument that it's your own decision, even if it's a stupid one

Ok but no. It should be enforced. Who pays the bills when they're injured or killed? We all do. Get paralyzed in a car wreck because you weren't belted OR you paralyze/kill someone else because your leg broke over their neck or head, who's footing the bill for your disability payments from Social Security? We are! Same deal with helmet laws, a minimum level of rider protection should be mandated and enforced to prevent harm to the idiot masses. Don't like it? Too bad, start your own country.

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

Its either ejecto seato cuz or flesh ping pong ball off the steering wheel. Can't understand not wearing a seatbelt.

So this thing has a serial data comm enable circuit #5986 that's pulling 30k ohm ground at the power steering control module and at connector X200. Thought it was just a dead PSCM but looks like it's a problem in the dash wire harness. Can't just send power into the circuit because it's a tiny unfused wire that'll go up in smoke like Cheech and Chong. Going to cut it near the PSCM and feed just that the 12V enable and see if the PSCM starts talking and working. If it does ..... Eh we might just run a lightly fused jumper and get power steering working. The one airbag SDM isn't talking either but the serial data gateway is. Really weird. I'll post all the diagrams tonight. I feel like fucking Rainman over here with this shit but it's actually dead simple.

20230320_172656.jpg

20230320_172701.jpg

image.png.b520e5ce80a76e66bc4b8ce359bd155b.png

MRW a B1 misfire finally rolls in.

Dealership was shady. Saleswoman was great, salesmanager was a dick and his handshake was limp. I repeatedly explained that I can put a hold deposit down right now on my credit card and initiate the bank transfers when I get home and bring in a cashiers check for the remainder of the down payment next week. 7 business days is likely the time frame but if they need I can bring 50% within a few days since it's not coming from an investment account. What they wanted to do was put a big down payment on my credit card and write up a contract, I leave with the car on a terrible contract with horrible payments and interest, then come back with the down payment, they void the first contract and write a new one and that's the real deal then. Why? Because it's the end of the month and they can't carry a deal from one month to the next.

I walked. It didn't seem right.

12 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Dealership was shady. Saleswoman was great, salesmanager was a dick and his handshake was limp. I repeatedly explained that I can put a hold deposit down right now on my credit card and initiate the bank transfers when I get home and bring in a cashiers check for the remainder of the down payment next week. 7 business days is likely the time frame but if they need I can bring 50% within a few days since it's not coming from an investment account. What they wanted to do was put a big down payment on my credit card and write up a contract, I leave with the car on a terrible contract with horrible payments and interest, then come back with the down payment, they void the first contract and write a new one and that's the real deal then. Why? Because it's the end of the month and they can't carry a deal from one month to the next.

I walked. It didn't seem right.

Yeah, run. They can carry a deal month to month. They just dont want to lol.

19 minutes ago, vetali said:

Yeah, run. They can carry a deal month to month. They just dont want to lol.

Yeah. I know that. She knew that. Brad the limp handshake bro knew that.

18 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Yeah. I know that. She knew that. Brad the limp handshake bro knew that.

Only thing I can suggest is to have your ducks in a row when you walk in. With a situation like you explained it actually gives the dealer more leverage to try to do scummy shit. Have your down payment ready to go, don't deposit any money on a used car unless its something that will move fast. Interest rates suck right now so dealers are gonna be pushy to move used inventory that isn't moving as fast recently.

I have been eyeing 23 Accord Hybrids as my commute is gonna go from 20 miles to 55 miles one way. Even my dealer is pushing me to do it before the month end. We just got a touring in thats not remotely a color I want and they are like "dude, just get it lol". Told them I want to drive it over the weekend. Already know their sales target is unreachable for the month so oh well.