Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Yeah. This time the intake is coming off and I'll do the intake port carbon clean out at the same time, 95K miles I'm sure it needs it. Likely getting an all metal Rein branded pump and housing this time, they any good you know?

No idea, only ever replaced with genuine ones

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

6 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

love the look of them things .. but doubt id be able to fit in one comfortably, as i have heard that they are not exactly tall people friendly ... and calling me tall is a bit of an understatement 

Large, zoomable image of Milwaukee Sawzall Reciprocating Saw 6519-31. 1 of 14

Here's one of the projects I've been working on and riding for the past year. It's a regular mountain bike that i strapped a 50cc 2 stroke engine on, and it's been surprisingly reliable for how little I paid for it. It needs some work, but it has a top speed of around 35mph, decent acceleration, and gets ~160mpg at only $1.50 a tank. Really nice for the hills around where I live.

IMG_20221102_165753.thumb.jpg.718bbadd893d50bd51582a4d207b7975.jpg

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

34 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

id not want to damage the car .... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

7 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

id not want to damage the car .... 

Oh I meant for you

image.png.2903bfb2d0537df6db3a1a6fa8744e62.png

On 10/27/2022 at 3:00 PM, STRMfrmXMN said:

-snip-

Here is me, being responsible and considering buying into a new OBXT

There is you, swingin in with my first love 🥴 Beautiful wagon!

Also howdy y'all been a minute

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

51 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

image.png.4626dfabf6e56ed91fd9b022567e1f78.png

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Hola, I'm here to be a bad influence and tell you to buy it

@vetali my grandma mentioned her 2018 crv rear hatch is squeaking (she said loudly) 

she’s saying just needs lube but idk I get the feeling something is wrong 

seen that before? Figured I’d ask since you work at a Honda dealer lol

edit: looked at it, probably just needs lube it didn’t even make a noise when I looked at it. Lol. I was worried it was going to be doing something obnoxiously loud and the problem was being under-described lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

@vetali my grandma mentioned her 2018 crv rear hatch is squeaking (she said loudly) 

she’s saying just needs lube but idk I get the feeling something is wrong 

seen that before? Figured I’d ask since you work at a Honda dealer lol

edit: looked at it, probably just needs lube it didn’t even make a noise when I looked at it. Lol. I was worried it was going to be doing something obnoxiously loud and the problem was being under-described lol

Power tailgate? I've replaced a few motors. Usually starts as a noise, then gets stuck open.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

57 minutes ago, vetali said:

Power tailgate? I've replaced a few motors. Usually starts as a noise, then gets stuck open.

Yeah. Good to know. Easy job when it does go? 

Spoiler

Just now, Bitter said:

How'd everyone's day go? Mine started great with this oil change.

-snip-

Bro like clean up after yourself when you get out of your car geez 

I mean I feel sorry that the person has to do that but id be so embarrassed. Fold it up and throw it in the back at least lol 

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah. Good to know. Easy job when it does go? 

Not bad, its essentially a gas strut replacement but it has wires. You can pull the wires from behind the bumper so you don't have to take the bumper off. Two person job though.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

47 minutes ago, vetali said:

Not bad, its essentially a gas strut replacement but it has wires. You can pull the wires from behind the bumper so you don't have to take the bumper off. Two person job though.

Two person job if you don't have a piece of wood to hold it up smh

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Two person job if you don't have a piece of wood to hold it up smh

or use your head

4Head

HEADON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD. HEADON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD. HEADON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD.

😄

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

HEADON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD. HEADON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD. HEADON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD.

😄

AVAILABLE AT THESE FINE RETAILERS

2017 Infiniti QX60, got gas then died a block later. That's not gas. That's not a Diesel engine. LOL.

IMG_20221107_164206.jpg

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

2017 Infiniti QX60, got gas then died a block later. That's not gas. That's not a Diesel engine. LOL.

Wayament aren't diesel nozzles a tad bigger than gasoline ones? How'd they manage this?

I dunno, we see this at least once a year. Either some shitty stations are using the same size nozzles on their diesel pumps cause fuck it or some idiots are very determined.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

I dunno, we see this at least once a year. Either some shitty stations are using the same size nozzles on their diesel pumps cause fuck it or some idiots are very determined.

I too hear about this occasionally. Still don't understand myself...

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I too hear about this occasionally. Still don't understand myself...

Especially given it's $1 to $1.50 more here for diesel.