Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 hours ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Kerosene is rocket fuel too...

Cars don't run on kerosene.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Cars don't run on kerosene.

But pretty much any diesel vehicle can run on Kerosene. 

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast

7 hours ago, Fast_N_Curious said:

But pretty much any diesel vehicle can run on Kerosene. 

Can but modern diesel hpfp says "I go boom" when you do

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

19 hours ago, Bitter said:

New tool at work!

<snip>

Plugs the leak if Taco Bell hits before the shift is over? :old-tongue: Intimidate and potentially threaten customers and colleagues?

For real, what does it do? I only know those inflatable 'pads' to lift stuff, but that looks like it expands in a tube?

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

4 hours ago, Speakerator said:

Plugs the leak if Taco Bell hits before the shift is over? :old-tongue: Intimidate and potentially threaten customers and colleagues?

For real, what does it do? I only know those inflatable 'pads' to lift stuff, but that looks like it expands in a tube?

For plugging large or irregular holes with a passthrough hose for adding smoke. For blowing smoke up the largest of assholes.

Mostly exhaust and intake smoking. Turbo stuff for boost leaks, intake systems for vacuum leaks, so on.

Since I'm new here and I'm a big petrolhead myself, I can only add one of my own toys and contribute right?

spacer.png

Exige CUP 430

Race headers, single 200 cell sportcat, and titanium backbox, carbon intake and a full PPF.

Car runs around 480hp at a little over 1000KGs. Pretty quick 😉 

Oh, and it's a manual 😎

On 11/1/2022 at 10:41 PM, AlwaysFSX said:

tHaTs NoT tRuE i CaN rUn VeGeTaBlE oIl

Make a little sign and stick it on the side of you ride that says "Powered by Crisco".

3 minutes ago, Voytek85 said:

Since I'm new here and I'm a big petrolhead myself, I can only add one of my own toys and contribute right?

spacer.png

Exige CUP 430

Race headers, single 200 cell sportcat, and titanium backbox, carbon intake and a full PPF.

Oh, and it's a manual 😎

Nice rice, I prefer a manual myself when it comes down to it.
I'm guessing it's a 6-speed.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

5 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Nice rice, I prefer a manual myself when it comes down to it.
I'm guessing it's a 6-speed.

6-speed indeed.

Rice? This is basically a street legal track weapon. Body is full stock. Comes stock with 3-way adjustable suspension aswel. I've driven and loved my Elise Cup 250 for a long time but with the Exige I don't really have a point in owning the Elise anymore so it's up for sale now. Was my main track toy. The Exige is too loud for regular trackdays so I can only use it on international testing days on racetracks like Spa and Zolder now unfortunately.

I am looking at a new muffler for my car, trying to not be a "yobbo" or a stereotypical Civic owner, but also want my car to sound a bit more aggressive. Nothin' crazy, so I can come into my neighborhood without ticking everyone else off. I've found some like that, but any thoughts?

I've seen some from $100 to $500, also there are no dedicated HR-V parts, only "Vezel" tacked on to the name of Honda Fit parts. (Vezel being the name of the european version.)

Depending on the year it's difficult not to get too loud real quick with a civic. Modified K20 based cars get drone pretty easily. I would consider headers and perhaps a sportcat over a new backbox. Performance wise it's in general the better option and it comes with an improved sound track 🙂

1 hour ago, Voytek85 said:

spacer.png

Exige CUP 430

Oh, and it's a manual 😎

2ZZ-GE goodness?

7 minutes ago, Bitter said:

2ZZ-GE goodness?

No this is a 3th generation Exige. It uses the 2GR-FE.

3,5 V6 supercharged with chargecooling. (These were not available in the US)

2 hours ago, Voytek85 said:

spacer.png

Exige CUP 430

Oh, and it's a manual 😎

LOTUS GOOD

Bet that sounds pretty good too, love those cars.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

love the look of them things .. but doubt id be able to fit in one comfortably, as i have heard that they are not exactly tall people friendly ... and calling me tall is a bit of an understatement 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

love the look of them things .. but doubt id be able to fit in one comfortably, as i have heard that they are not exactly tall people friendly ... and calling me tall is a bit of an understatement 

I'm 1m86cm-ish and fit just fine. Depends on how tall you really are I guess. It's getting in and out that is the biggest issue in general as they are extremely low and the aluminium tub from the chassis gives it wide door sills on either side.

When you stand next to it, the roof gets to about my waist hehe.

If you drive it on the road; a VW Golf looks like a Range Rover and any SUV is a driving skyscraper. 😅

2 hours ago, Voytek85 said:

Still a beastly engine that takes very well to some bolt ons! I think there was a Team Moon Y pipe that bolts on like 20whp on the Camry 😆

Audi Q5 back in, did a water pump assy in 2019 about 20K miles ago and now a huge coolant leak. Found this with the butt-cam...

Top edge of the housing split open and let the gasket push out of place and caused the massive coolant leak. Not sure if defect part or something caused this, dealer part SHOULD have been good quality!? Probably going with an aftermarket all metal one this time, takes longer to get but it won't do what this one did. I know I followed torque specs on the bolts and they all had loctite. Only thing I did 'wrong' was skip pulling the intake manifold off since my tiny hands can do the job with it on to save time.

Weird failure? I haven't seen this before.

Photo_20221103122637.jpg

23 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Audi Q5 back in, did a water pump assy in 2019 about 20K miles ago and now a huge coolant leak. Found this with the butt-cam...

Top edge of the housing split open and let the gasket push out of place and caused the massive coolant leak. Not sure if defect part or something caused this, dealer part SHOULD have been good quality!? Probably going with an aftermarket all metal one this time, takes longer to get but it won't do what this one did. I know I followed torque specs on the bolts and they all had loctite. Only thing I did 'wrong' was skip pulling the intake manifold off since my tiny hands can do the job with it on to save time.

Weird failure? I haven't seen this before.

Seems about right, TFSI engine?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

I'm 1m86cm-ish and fit just fine. Depends on how tall you really are I guess. It's getting in and out that is the biggest issue in general as they are extremely low and the aluminium tub from the chassis gives it wide door sills on either side.

When you stand next to it, the roof gets to about my waist hehe.

If you drive it on the road; a VW Golf looks like a Range Rover and any SUV is a driving skyscraper. 😅

2m tall roughly ... i struggle to fit into the avg European hatchback ... a mk7 golf is doable but a tad on the small side, so yah, doubt id fit decently well into one 😂

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

9 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Seems about right, TFSI engine?

Yeah. This time the intake is coming off and I'll do the intake port carbon clean out at the same time, 95K miles I'm sure it needs it. Likely getting an all metal Rein branded pump and housing this time, they any good you know?