Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Did VW use the DSQ200 here in the US? 

I always have a hard time finding the exact model of transmission used on stuff online. Not sure why 

reason I asked is because I was considering a Passat TDI for a bit lol 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

it's obvious that they're going to make compromises

Is it really a compromise if they're just flat out bad at making a vehicle?

2 hours ago, derpkotacasper said:

Hi friends. I'm new here but I'm a master tech if anyone needs my help in diagnostics! I specialize in Powerstroke but can fix anything that moves!

Worst problem you've had to deal with?

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Worst problem you've had to deal with?

Give it a week and itll be @terrytek

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

5 hours ago, RasmusDC said:

the Passat were 3 years old

Dont get the point, why the change then? :old-skeptical: Im glad i was able to buy a 15 year old car and you just toss it out because its 3

years old?! 😠

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Is it really a compromise if they're just flat out bad at making a vehicle?

I just didn't want to go that far, but I'll take it :old-laugh:

38 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Dont get the point, why the change then? :old-skeptical: Im glad i was able to buy a 15 year old car and you just toss it out because its 3

years old?! 😠

And what's that have to do with you???

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

And what's that have to do with you???

Um, it pisses me off big time? :old-eyeroll: 

5 hours ago, RasmusDC said:

I´m learning, i think i was stupid enough to join the Tesla hype. 

I considered a Tesla but decided to wait for other manufacturers to present competition to see how Tesla reacts. Plus being someone that works on their own cars, Tesla still hasn't provided an acceptable amount of info to all data for service info.

If the mach-e is successful and other manufacturers offerings are good, I don't see Tesla attracting many buyers outside of their fanboys in the future. They will fizzle out.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 minute ago, jagdtigger said:

10588.1581843551.jpg

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 minute ago, jagdtigger said:

Imagine being ass ravaged by what other people on the internet do with their money.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

4 minutes ago, vetali said:

Imagine being ass ravaged by what other people on the internet do with their money.

Good thing i dont read those....  😄 I usually come here to read about cars and i wasnt expecting a so empty headed post.

2 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Imagine spending money on building a controller made out of gold

Oh wait

There is a reason why LTT called the biggest troll channel.... 🤣

4 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

years old?! 😠

it is a company lease... i pay full price for it, so it is actually as expensive as owning it myself, because i have no need for a company car, but if i loose my job or just leave, or anything goes wrong then it is not my problem.

the Passat has a 3 year lease with a 1 year option, i was on the one year extension, i had to trade it in before october.. so had to find something.. the "new" passat was the SAME car, just with poorer interior (VW savings) cost me more, and with the same piss poor 1.4 driveline with the DSQ200 gearbox.

so had to find something, the Tesla is an EXCELLENT first time driver, the first time you sit in this car, it is just a JOY to drive, and the acceleration, and even the Longrange dual motor, seems wicked fast.

So my choice was in the "passat cost" to take either a "passat like car" for the same price, or go plugin hybrid or full electric because of the savings in denmark on these cars (it is humongous) an example is that a 150bhp BASE line DIESEL A6 is 580.000dkkr a TOP SPEC s-line prestige A6 50TFSE plugin with 300hp is 500.000

so after driving the 330E which were the only real option (A6 was not on shop floor yet) it was easy to see that that car was best to drive in PURE electric mode, so we looked pure electric.. and the choice is meek. the E-tron in the premium spec is a bit too expensive, then all that is left is the KONA and the Niro.. which was a BIG step down from the passat (and when you have seen the EV6 and the Ionic 5) just really old, or the LR tesla.. so went tesla.

I´m trying to get it returned, and just ordering a 50 TFSE or a EQC or something else full electric. just to get onwards.

3 hours ago, vetali said:

I considered a Tesla but decided to wait for other manufacturers to present competition to see how Tesla reacts. Plus being someone that works on their own cars, Tesla still hasn't provided an acceptable amount of info to all data for service info.

If the mach-e is successful and other manufacturers offerings are good, I don't see Tesla attracting many buyers outside of their fanboys in the future. They will fizzle out.

the main problem with the MACH-E is the issues with charging, and the delivery time, had to return my passat 2-3 months before i could get one.

plus if i want to drive through europe the Tesla charging is simply the easiest solution.. all other people also here in Denmark are fighting over the few 50 KW chargers that are here, the TESLA superchargers are ALWAYS open and free.

But then again, at first sight the Tesla is a better car, and after seeing the HORRENDOUS Ford my mate got the 2.5l KUGA PHEV and all the scandals with charging and new battery packs, and him having a new car late last year, and first now actually being able to charge and use the battery, that just shows that Ford is still not there.. 

There is lots of things wrong with the tesla, as a CAR... but the battery and charging and electric motors, are still some of the best.

Just now, Benji said:

Fun fact: Just like with the Toyota MR2, the name is really unfortunate in French. MR2=merde=shit, étron means turd.

well the fun fact is also because of the wierd taxation rules the Porsche Taycan, the RWD model is 750.000kr, that is the same price as a Mercedes E300D basespec (advantage). it is like 1.2 millioner cheaper than a 911  (a base spec 911 starts at 2.000.000)

uhh had i gotten my promotion, then i could have fitted it in my approval bracket.

1 minute ago, RasmusDC said:

the main problem with the MACH-E is the issues with charging, and the delivery time, had to return my passat 2-3 months before i could get one.

plus if i want to drive through europe the Tesla charging is simply the easiest solution.. all other people also here in Denmark are fighting over the few 50 KW chargers that are here, the TESLA superchargers are ALWAYS open and free.

But then again, at first sight the Tesla is a better car, and after seeing the HORRENDOUS Ford my mate got the 2.5l KUGA PHEV and all the scandals with charging and new battery packs, and him having a new car late last year, and first now actually being able to charge and use the battery, that just shows that Ford is still not there.. 

There is lots of things wrong with the tesla, as a CAR... but the battery and charging and electric motors, are still some of the best.

Well even though you've had some bad luck i have to say that its nice to have someone with a proper EV in the thread.
Lord knows we need a different perspective. + i might need you to float some proper rye bread over kattegatt so i don't go insane 

Just now, Benji said:

Fun fact: Just like with the Toyota MR2, the name is really unfortunate in French. MR2=merde=shit, étron means turd.

Still not as unfortunate as the Honda Fitta. (Luckily they changed the name) which means pussy in swedish.
Really want to get my hands on some of that marketing material as one of the slogans was "Roomier than it looks"

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

7 minutes ago, techswede said:

Well even though you've had some bad luck i have to say that its nice to have someone with a proper EV in the thread.
Lord knows we need a different perspective. + i might need you to float some proper rye bread over kattegatt so i don't go insane 

Still not as unfortunate as the Honda Fitta. (Luckily they changed the name) which means pussy in swedish.
Really want to get my hands on some of that marketing material as one of the slogans was "Roomier than it looks"

i love my next visit at Service center tesla, they are at the moment in the process of talking with TESLA USA, because the standard fix for missing paint in larger areas that are not "external" (example when you open the trunk, at brackets and stuff) the solution is paint it with a BRUSH...

and they really want to get it professional painted, but no matter what all the door brackets, the bolts and everthing else is only getting touch up with a brush.. 

Remember my cheap Kia Ceed, after 2 years, i saw a bolt rusting in the trunk, in the lock.. they removed the lock, the bolt and the plastic, yanked me into the shop, saw 2 specs of rust, like.. seemed more like dust under the paint, on the INSIDE of the trunk...behind plastic, and behind the bracket.. they were sorry but they had to respray it.. they took the car for 4 days for a RESPRAY because of such a small thing, on the INSIDE of the trunk... that was a car that costs less than 100.000dkkr before taxes.. 

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

Honey, I wasn't talking about the cars at all, I was talking about their stupid naming scheme. And you should really use US$ comparison because the Danish kroner is not something that I, or a lot of people, are accustomed to. But yeah, car pricing doesn't make much sense sometimes. The Ford Focus ST Mk3 also exists as a diesel version in Europe, same goes for the current Mk4. Last generation, the diesel was ~2000€ more expensive. This generation, the diesel is 1300€ cheaper for whatever reason.

Yup, that one also came to my mind 😄

Or the Mitsubishi Pajero, which means wanker. That's why it was usually sold as the Mitsubishi Montero (North America) or Mitsubishi Shogun in the UK.

There are some proper fuckups in terms of car names. 
Nova - No va - No go
Mazda LaPuta
Apparently Lacrosse means to masturbate so the Buick Lacrosse didn't go over well in quebec
Though my personal favourite is a short lived car in the 1960s. The GAYLORD DICTATOR

i love my next visit at Service center tesla, they are at the moment in the process of talking with TESLA USA, because the standard fix for missing paint in larger areas that are not "external" (example when you open the trunk, at brackets and stuff) the solution is paint it with a BRUSH...

and they really want to get it professional painted, but no matter what all the door brackets, the bolts and everthing else is only getting touch up with a brush.. 

Remember my cheap Kia Ceed, after 2 years, i saw a bolt rusting in the trunk, in the lock.. the removed the lock, the bolt and the plastic, yanked me into the shop, saw 2 specs of rust, like.. seemed more like dust under the paint, on the INSIDE of the trunk...behind plastic, and behind the bracket.. they were sorry but they had the respray it.. they took the car for 4 days for a RESPRAY because of such a small thing, on the INSIDE of the trunk... that was a car that costs less than 100.000dkkr before taxes.. 

Yeah it seems like the general consensus is that quality control is not a thing at tesla.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Apparently Lacrosse means to masturbate so the Buick Lacrosse didn't go over well in quebec

Lacrosse is a native derived international sport. No way it means that unless it's being used as some horrible slur.

Just now, Benji said:

Yup. At least Kia did something, lol.

to be honest, i think it is poor design with my experience from building production setup...

if a process can be done wrong, then you have designed it wrong. and as i can se on my car, they have had ALL panels loosened and aligned, so the car does not fit together the first time.. and it should..

the only way you make good quality is through good design, i get that a "craftsman" can build an EPIC one of.. but in massproduction, craftmanship has no place.

2 minutes ago, RasmusDC said:

to be honest, i think it is poor design with my experience from building production setup...

if a process can be done wrong, then you have designed it wrong. and as i can se on my car, they have had ALL panels loosened and aligned, so the car does not fit together the first time.. and it should..

the only way you make good quality is through good design, i get that a "craftsman" can build an EPIC one of.. but in massproduction, craftmanship has no place.

They need to do like Cadillac did in the early 90's and buy some Lexus LS's and figure out how Lexus was doing it.

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yup. At least Kia did something, lol.

AFAIK "lacrosse" is a derogatory slang term for a gay person in québecois, that's why the car wasn't that well-received under that name. Let's ask @wkdpaul because I'm not that certain.

And new kias are so damn nice that you almost forget that the kia pride was a thing.

My mom recently bought a 2018 cee'd sportswagon GT-Line and honestly i'd get one myself if i wasn't poorer than dirt.

Just now, Bitter said:

Lacrosse is a native derived international sport. No way it means that unless it's being used as some horrible slur.

I know its a sport. But apparently its been turned into slang for a bunch of other things as well. 

Just now, RasmusDC said:

Yeah. Still waiting for mercedes to make a full elecric E class. I was kinda hoping tesla would be the boot up the ass they needed though.

1 hour ago, techswede said:

And new kias are so damn nice that you almost forget that the kia pride was a thing.

My mom recently bought a 2018 cee'd sportswagon GT-Line and honestly i'd get one myself if i wasn't poorer than dirt.

I know its a sport. But apparently its been turned into slang for a bunch of other things as well. 

Yeah. Still waiting for mercedes to make a full elecric E class. I was kinda hoping tesla would be the boot up the ass they needed though.

I´m not too keen on the new mercedes models, i was running the last C classe AMG version (not with AMG engine just a C220D) and it was a nice car with the black wood inteior, but everytime mercedes does plastic, if you touch a surface the creaking is just insane, and the extreme use of piano black plastics is just too much..

but love the stationwagon more than the SUV but i guess they need it to be a bit higher for the batteries to fit, without compromising the footwell size to much, because a fully electric A6 wagon or 5 series Wagon, would be really nice. 

i was so close to the A6 S-line in plain red with the RS kit on it, looks evil i know it should be paired with a V8, but it just looks good. 

the fun part is i might go even more stupid than buying a Tesla, have looked at a 2018 Mustang Bullit edition, V8 used here i Denmark, to exchange with my 2019 Polo GTI.. i know the Mustang is not that good.. but used, then i could fully walk through it, and it has only done 18.000km...

24 minutes ago, RasmusDC said:

I´m not too keen on the new mercedes models, i was running the last C classe AMG version (not with AMG engine just a C220D) and it was a nice car with the black wood inteior, but everytime mercedes does plastic, if you touch a surface the creaking is just insane, and the extreme use of piano black plastics is just too much..

but love the stationwagon more than the SUV but i guess they need it to be a bit higher for the batteries to fit, without compromising the footwell size to much, because a fully electric A6 wagon or 5 series Wagon, would be really nice. 

i was so close to the A6 S-line in plain red with the RS kit on it, looks evil i know it should be paired with a V8, but it just looks good. 

the fun part is i might go even more stupid than buying a Tesla, have looked at a 2018 Mustang Bullit edition, V8 used here i Denmark, to exchange with my 2019 Polo GTI.. i know the Mustang is not that good.. but used, then i could fully walk through it, and it has only done 18.000km...

I just really like the 2021 E class coupe. (And i'm a mercedes nut) 
Overall i wish electric cars would just look like normal cars. So many concepts look like sci fi rejects. 

2018 mustang wouldn't be too bad. 

1 minute ago, techswede said:

I just really like the 2021 E class coupe. (And i'm a mercedes nut) 
Overall i wish electric cars would just look like normal cars. So many concepts look like sci fi rejects. 

2018 mustang wouldn't be too bad. 

yeah the wife only rides 8 km to and from work.. so the V8 might be a bit more hungry than the 2.0 in the GTI but it so few km a year

yeah the wife only rides 8 km to and from work.. so the V8 might be a bit more hungry than the 2.0 in the GTI but it so few km a year

Man if i had an 8km commute i'd have all the v8s

My current commute is 140km every day + 600km to get back home every once in a while