Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

I was thinking the other day a someone needs to do a V8 (LS) Tesla swap just because of the irony.

I don’t think anyone’s done it yet 

ignore the quote you just quoted, that is the hint i geuss

I was thinking the other day a someone needs to do a V8 (LS) Tesla swap just because of the irony.

I don’t think anyone’s done it yet 

Rich Rebuilds is in the process of doing it, don't remember how far along it is though

1 minute ago, FakeFBI said:

I thought it was some Subaru engine, not too familiar with them through so didn't bother guessing

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Isn't rich rebuilds doing it?

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

Rich Rebuilds is in the process of doing it, don't remember how far along it is though

I never watch him but wow he sure is just looked lol 

also apparently rebuilding his homeless assistant’s van how nice 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

So it’s an EJ25? @vetali stares at engine bays all day so he’d know before I do lol

i was thinking something inline because of how the intake mani seems to be off on the side and not on top of anything. But the only having 2 channels for 2 cylinders kept throwing me off 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So it’s an EJ25? @vetali stares at engine bays all day so he’d know before I do lol

i was thinking something inline because of how the intake mani seems to be off on the side and not on top of anything. But the only having 2 channels for 2 cylinders kept throwing me off 

not ej25, but it sit a ej, its one of the lower power ones

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I've done too many subaru coils at this point.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

5 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

not ej25, but it sit a ej, its one of the lower power ones

EJ16? 

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, vetali said:

I've done too many subaru coils at this point.

Never in my entire life have I ever gone “you know what? I want a Subaru” 

it’s just never happened never been that interested. If I want a boxer that badly I’d rather have a Porsche lol

i do think the old wrx’s/STI’s are neat tho back when they were simple 

Spoiler

@FakeFBIi hope you know what this is

EFD36C63-0DC3-421F-B301-4BD994EC6E40.jpeg

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Never in my entire life have I ever gone “you know what? I want a Subaru” 

it’s just never happened never been that interested. If I want a boxer that badly I’d rather have a Porsche lol

i do think the old wrx’s/STI’s are neat tho back when they were simple 

Yeah, kinda same. I was debating a STI, but I don't vape so it wasn't for me.

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

2 ez

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Yeah, kinda same. I was debating a STI, but I don't vape so it wasn't for me.

Can’t say I ever understood the vaping STI meme but yeah I don’t either 😂

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

2 ez

Maybe, a true enthusiast of the brand has gotta know 

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Can’t say I ever understood the vaping STI meme but yeah I don’t either 😂

Maybe, a true enthusiast of the brand has gotta know 

real enthusiast hours?

lnqc6Ia.png

Just now, vetali said:

real enthusiast hours?

lnqc6Ia.png

Sir, that’s a carb with a colossal amount of hoses 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Sir, that’s a carb with a colossal amount of hoses 

It also met 1970s emissions without a catalyst.

It also made 60 hp on a good day.

34 minutes ago, vetali said:

It also met 1970s emissions without a catalyst.

It also made 60 hp on a good day.

Is it my moms old Honda Accord!?

That thing could do one or the other, pass emissions or start in the cold but never both.

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Is it my moms old Honda Accord!?

That thing could do one or the other, pass emissions or start in the cold but never both.

Yeah its the old CVCC motor. The early PGM-FI motors weren't much better

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

EJ16? 

yes correct

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

EFD36C63-0DC3-421F-B301-4BD994EC6E40.jpeg

mm, perhaps different angle, im guessing its some french hot hatch motor since it got 5 spark plugs

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Uh I’d like to have usable ears for most of my life lol

Why? So you can hear things? That's lame.

So as much as I want to hate the Citroen DS3 Sport (1.6THP ~160bhp), I really can't. Seems honestly like it might be a good choice for a first car as I can get a 2012 one with <125,000km on it for less than €6000. Insurance is pretty cheap, it ain't bad on gas, and is probs pretty fun. Tho it's on the top end of my budget so idk if I'd want to spend that much ngl. And I've had literally 0 work hours these last months cause of Corona halting everything. ://

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

7 hours ago, FakeFBI said:

mm, perhaps different angle, im guessing its some french hot hatch motor since it got 5 spark plugs

Nah. It’s a Honda G25A

Spoiler

11 hours ago, FakeFBI said:

who can geuss this engine? ill be suprised if someone does

image.png.5e98ba6a225cb26a8658b88beee4a70f.png

Guess the car.

It's blue and has a steering wheel.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 hour ago, IKnight said:

So as much as I want to hate the Citroen DS3 Sport (1.6THP ~160bhp), I really can't. Seems honestly like it might be a good choice for a first car as I can get a 2012 one with <125,000km on it for less than €6000. Insurance is pretty cheap, it ain't bad on gas, and is probs pretty fun. Tho it's on the top end of my budget so idk if I'd want to spend that much ngl. And I've had literally 0 work hours these last months cause of Corona halting everything. ://

Sure would be a fun first car. Too bad they're not that common and way more expensive here... It's almost the same formula of the 106 GTi (if you disregard the DS3R), smol car, decent power, but in 2012 terms and not 1990s where you threw a proper engine into a matchbox and called it a day.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

14 hours ago, vetali said:

Yeah its the old CVCC motor. The early PGM-FI motors weren't much better

If it wasn't for the Amoco gas station and garage across from the train station I don't think that car would have ever left the house or parking lot. It parked there so often she should have dropped the monthly parking pass. Once they took all the emissions stuff off it worked fine and she dumped it for a good deal on a Pontiac 6000 with the 2.5....which also didn't like starting in the cold. Oh the good ole EFE heater grids. It was a sluggish but reliable car mostly but 90 crank hp and a lazy 3spd trans in a 2700lb sedan wasn't...merging in Chicago traffic was more like Russian roulette.