Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You paid for a pizza with bitcoin, didn't you?

something like that, we'll go with that, yeah.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

f

it sucks. but I keep reminding myself I can't give up.

Doing decent this year/last though. Worth 6 figs now. So I guess I'm at least 1/10th of the way there, lol. Road seems long though.

Nothing will compare to the amount of bitcoin I used to have though... like holy crap looking through my coinbase transaction history is depressing.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Doing decent this year/last though. Worth 6 figs now. So I guess I'm at least 1/10th of the way there, lol. Road seems long though.

Nothing will compare to the amount of bitcoin I used to have though... like holy crap looking through my coinbase transaction history is depressing.

I prefer fig newtons but you do you boo

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I prefer fig newtons but you do you boo

Still working on getting that ford gt? 

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

Well guys, after much deliberation I sold my 1992 Miata with the hardtop and all. It was going to be parked for the winter anyways as the heat didn't work, and it always seemed like it had some kind of transmission problem, so I decided to move on. 

However, let me introduce you guys to my new project / daily 1994 Honda Civic Del Sol Si!

PXL_20210123_181842590.thumb.jpg.c4c788045a8a8fa32b63e4a2b7737231.jpg

cool car, you exposed your plate.., anyways nice del sol, watch out for the roof leaks, 

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I bought a ton of dogecoin just for yolo in the slim chance it does go to the moon.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

33 minutes ago, vetali said:

I bought a ton of dogecoin just for yolo in the slim chance it does go to the moon.

I bought a ton of ethereum last year around the time of the first DeFi craze. The DeFi apps are really interesting and I def recommend checking them out because there are some solid projects out there that are actually useful (the bigger ones like aave, Uniswap, etc) 

. At the time ethereum cost less to actually use and I played with them and saw the value and knew if things exploded again that would drive it + it felt like the bear market was kinda being shaken off. Watching the mayhem unfold now. lol

the institutional interest and investments this year have been surprising though. Tesla/Musk was the news today, but there’s been a bunch before then. Massmutual and MicroStrategy were big news when they came up and also surprising.

things are starting to heat up again though, the fomo will come, things will get probably more ridiculous than we can imagine, then the bubble will pop again (maybe repeat again in a few more years after? Why does it keep repeating lol?) 

they need to seriously solve the scalability problem Cryptocurrencies have though. Right now unless you want to move thousands or millions around it’s stupid expensive. 

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I bought a ton of ethereum last year around the time of the first DeFi craze. The DeFi apps are really interesting and I def recommend checking them out because there are some solid projects out there that are actually useful (the bigger ones like aave, Uniswap, etc) 

. At the time ethereum cost less to actually use and I played with them and saw the value and knew if things exploded again that would drive it + it felt like the bear market was kinda being shaken off. Watching the mayhem unfold now. lol

the institutional interest and investments this year have been surprising though. Tesla/Musk was the news today, but there’s been a bunch before then. Massmutual and MicroStrategy were big news when they came up and also surprising.

things are starting to heat up again though, the fomo will come, things will get probably more ridiculous than we can imagine, then the bubble will pop again (maybe repeat again in a few more years after? Why does it keep repeating lol?) 

they need to seriously solve the scalability problem Cryptocurrencies have though. Right now unless you want to move thousands or millions around it’s stupid expensive. 

I remember reading about gamestop being flooded before it happened. I don't think it'll happen to that scale in the stock market again. Thats why I hopped on doge but I know very little about cryptos.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

1 hour ago, vetali said:

I remember reading about gamestop being flooded before it happened. I don't think it'll happen to that scale in the stock market again. Thats why I hopped on doge but I know very little about cryptos.

Doge is the “fun” coin that’ll either get you to actually look into crypto or get You burned and scare you away, lol. 

it is already up quite a lot id be surprised if it goes much higher than maybe $0.15 and that seems crazy 

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Doge is the “fun” coin that’ll either get you to actually look into crypto or get You burned and scare you away, lol. 

it is already up quite a lot id be surprised if it goes much higher than maybe $0.15 and that seems crazy 

Yeah I am just on for the ride. I have a feeling what Tesla did today will make it tank once the bitcoin surge is done.

14 hours ago, ComputerBuilder said:

cool car, you exposed your plate.., anyways nice del sol, watch out for the roof leaks, 

No different than anyone on the road seeing your plate? Do you cover your license plate when just driving about?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

No different than anyone on the road seeing your plate? Do you cover your license plate when just driving about?

noo, but sometimes you dont want people coming to youirr house tryung to sgteal your del sol because of the lock

26 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

noo, but sometimes you dont want people coming to youirr house tryung to sgteal your del sol because of the lock

Why would you go through all the effort over an old honda?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

52 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

depends, people steal gs-r's and type r's because of the engine, the del sol is a honda,  and tbh people just steal anything with the lock these days

1 minute ago, ComputerBuilder said:

depends, people steal gs-r's and type r's because of the engine, the del sol is a honda,  and tbh people just steal anything with the lock these days

if im not wrong, i think the usdm si has a d16, not an b16, then engine still looks good if you put on a red honda valve cover for sohc

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

full of freaking criminals over here in the states. xD 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

full of freaking criminals over here in the states. xD 

You're telling that to the Brit. They invented crime island.

Might have finally pinned down the idling issues on my 98 626 2.0, looks like a bad FPR. Had some time to get into it on lunch the past couple days. Today I pulled the intake off the throttle to clean it and measure plate gsp, supposed to be 0.0015". Cleaned throttle, blew the cleaner around inside the intake and the air blowing out smelled really gassy. Chalk it up to cold engine only ran a few minutes with an open intake valve and some residual gas. Well when I blew the 2nd time to blow it dry it was still just as gassy. Pulled the vac line off the FPR nipple and hey full of gas. Cycle key on, weeping fuel from the nipple. Found a Delphi on Amazon for $18, $80 on Rock Auto. Should have it on Friday, I can limp it until then. Might make a fuel catch can lol. Got it all back together (with a new air filter, mine was had a ripped gasket) and completely forgot to measure throttle plate gsp! TPS voltage is middle of spec at 0.53v. I'll check plate gap on Friday when I do the FPR.

Also have a 15 Sonata in with a failed E-CVVT oil end seal plug thingy, based on the design and a light Google search this seems to really be a thing with them. It was just squirting oil right out if the intake cam housing plug! Anyone else ran across these? All the 2.0.and 2.4 with E-CVVT seem to be affected and maybe the V6's too. 

6 hours ago, ComputerBuilder said:

I mean.... Anyone on the road that wanted to steal a del sol, is still no different than posting it online?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I mean.... Anyone on the road that wanted to steal a del sol, is still no different than posting it online?

anyways cool car, do you plan keeping it stock?

5 hours ago, Bitter said:

Also have a 15 Sonata in with a failed E-CVVT oil end seal plug thingy, based on the design and a light Google search this seems to really be a thing with them. It was just squirting oil right out if the intake cam housing plug! Anyone else ran across these? All the 2.0.and 2.4 with E-CVVT seem to be affected and maybe the V6's too. 

1.5 turbo Hondas like to piss outta the back exhaust cam plate. People misdiagnose it as a valve cover gasket a lot.