Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I love Aliexpress, only place I could find the sensor side of a Toyota TPS connector to make an adapter harness, I don't love waiting a month but it beats cutting up my engine harness. I wasn't paying attention though and accidently bought both sides of the connector when all I needed was the one side, oops! Anyone need some TPS pigtails for a JZ/1ZZ/2ZZ and probably a bunch of other engines?

8 hours ago, Bitter said:

If you want to put a chevy 350 in something start with a chevy something or other, maybe a Blazer or S10 pickup.

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

I love Aliexpress, only place I could find the sensor side of a Toyota TPS connector to make an adapter harness, I don't love waiting a month but it beats cutting up my engine harness. I wasn't paying attention though and accidently bought both sides of the connector when all I needed was the one side, oops! Anyone need some TPS pigtails for a JZ/1ZZ/2ZZ and probably a bunch of other engines?

are they manuals because i only have manual transmissions 

I'm sure the S10 was available in manual all of it's years,not sure about which gen of Blazer. Can't recall if the 4.3 uses the same bell housing as the small block but I think it does since they mate a 4L60/80 on both engines in automatic, so I would assume like a T5 and bell housing goes on either too.

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I'm sure the S10 was available in manual all of it's years,not sure about which gen of Blazer. Can't recall if the 4.3 uses the same bell housing as the small block but I think it does since they mate a 4L60/80 on both engines in automatic, so I would assume like a T5 and bell housing goes on either too.

uuh englishe'nt i still don't know all the terms

Just now, Bitter said:

You better do a lot of reading before you do any swappin then.

yah i mode do it by eyeball i could help fix a 57 thunderbird and 65 mustang those were easy enough

11 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Blazers had manuals all the way to the end I think. We had a regular with a 2 door ZR2 manual. 4.3s are the exact same bell housing as a 5.7. A 4.3 is a 5.7 with 2 cylinder chopped off, and balance shafts up the ass to counter that.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

Blazers had manuals all the way to the end I think. We had a regular with a 2 door ZR2 manual. 4.3s are the exact same bell housing as a 5.7. A 4.3 is a 5.7 with 2 cylinder chopped off, and balance shafts up the ass to counter that.

do they have space for a 5.7 then

8 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

do they have space for a 5.7 then

First gens are very tight. I think they require special manifolds or cutting the frame up. Steering shaft is also a problem. Second gens are easy. The old S10 forums had tons of resources on 350, 5.7, LS swaps. I don't know if they exist anymore, and if they do most the images will be broken because of imageshack/photobucket links. I researched it a lot like... 15 years ago when I had my blazer lol

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

On 1/29/2021 at 7:03 PM, AlwaysFSX said:

Naw what we should do instead is shovel the ground out of the Dakotas at least a couple hundred feet deep and turn them in to another great lake.

I'm more impressed that you even have an opinion of the Dakotas; most people are only vaguely aware that the Dakotas exist, let alone have an actual opinion of them. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm more impressed that you even have an opinion of the Dakotas; most people are only vaguely aware that the Dakotas exist, let alone have an actual opinion of them. 

I actually had to learn about all of the states when I was in elementary school, lol

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

We started getting auction trucks from around there because they were cheap. There was a reason why they were cheap and thankfully it was short lived. I think every truck got sent back but one.

Long shot, anyone ever owned an Isuzu Rodeo? I got one for misc tasks and have a few minor issues I"d like to solve.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

26 minutes ago, vetali said:

We started getting auction trucks from around there because they were cheap. There was a reason why they were cheap and thankfully it was short lived. I think every truck got sent back but one.

The oil field guys are notoriously hard on their pickups, so I'm not surprised. Everyone around here knows not to buy from them haha.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I actually had to learn about all of the states when I was in elementary school, lol

I only know about North Dakota because of the oil boom and South Dakota because of Mt. Rushmore.

I don't know anything else about them lol. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

2 hours ago, arnavvr said:

I only know about North Dakota because of the oil boom and South Dakota because of Mt. Rushmore.

I don't know anything else about them lol. 

That's it. That's all there is to know.

8 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Long shot, anyone ever owned an Isuzu Rodeo? I got one for misc tasks and have a few minor issues I"d like to solve.

Just look up Honda Passport, they're the same thing (for some years at least)

13 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Just look up Honda Passport, they're the same thing (for some years at least)

I knew that, what I need to know is where the HVAC blower motor is. Mine seems to have a mind of its own, which is irritating in cold weather.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I knew that, what I need to know is where the HVAC blower motor is. Mine seems to have a mind of its own, which is irritating in cold weather.

Should be right under the glove box, where they normally are.

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Describe the problem you're having with it. Sometimes blower motors can seem broken or have what seem like dead spots in the fan speed or inconsistent speeds, but it's actually a broken or failing resistor pack.  It's a board with a plug and a big heatsink on it somewhere in the air ducting. They're usually not much easier to change out, but it sucks replacing a blower motor assembly only to find you have the same issue. Diagnosis can be difficult without a shop manual and is impossible without a multimeter, but it'd be worth getting both for a car you plan on spinning wrenches on.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

5 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

Describe the problem you're having with it. Sometimes blower motors can seem broken or have what seem like dead spots in the fan speed or inconsistent speeds, but it's actually a broken or failing resistor pack.  It's a board with a plug and a big heatsink on it somewhere in the air ducting. They're usually not much easier to change out, but it sucks replacing a blower motor assembly only to find you have the same issue. Diagnosis can be difficult without a shop manual and is impossible without a multimeter, but it'd be worth getting both for a car you plan on spinning wrenches on.

I see.

Sometimes the HVAC controls don't turn on the blower. The buttons work (heat to cold, which vent to push air through, A/C button engages compressor) but no fan. If I get the Rodeo up to highway speeds (around here that's 70s) then try, the fan motor will then work normally, until I turn the car off. 

If the resistor is burnt it's probably because the blower motor is failing and drawing too much current, replace both parts to make sure it's fixed once. Your problem could be a blower but also check the connector to the motor, might just be that hitting bumps is making a weak connection to it or the connection is bad and it's barely getting enough power to spin.

Massive pogs

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB