Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

My Celica had more torque steer on 1-2 and 2-3 WOT, and it doesn't even have any torque!

3 hours ago, Thirdgen89GTA said:

On the Focus RS forums someone complained about Torque Steer and how the MK3 RS is hard to control because it wanders all over the place.

To them I say, "go drive a Mazdaspeed 3!"

And then took a video this morning of no hands on the wheel acceleration with a 1-2 WOT upshift.  There is a slight tug to the right because of just a tiny bit of torque steer, and a crown in the road for water drain-off, and I'm on the right side of the road.

If I kept a pinkie on the wheel it would have staid 100% straight.

the way they talk about it, the wheel rips itself out of your hands.

Not sure why ford owners seem to think they have horrendous torque steer. My mini has worse than my ST had 🤷🏻‍♂️

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

Not sure why ford owners seem to think they have horrendous torque steer. My mini has worse than my ST had 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's because they've never driven anything that they've had to actually fight to keep straight. I've never had serious issue with mine and Im a weak ass bitch 😂

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

It's because they've never driven anything that they've had to actually fight to keep straight. I've never had serious issue with mine and Im a weak ass bitch 😂

I mean I went from 2 N/A things with like half the torque and 80 less HP in the most powerful and never noticed it 😂😂  

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

When I’m done with the civic I’m buying an old Lexus lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

14 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i mean, it probably is a doable thing.
but it still wouldnt be anywhere near my home and id use it very rarely

I go to mine after work before I head home, if I'm using public transport it ends up being less walking and if I'm riding my bike I end up escaping most of the afterwork traffic :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

16 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

14 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

i mean they think that if you need to put a pinky on the wheel that its terrible torque steer. Its like they are bunch that loves to complain.

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I go to mine after work before I head home, if I'm using public transport it ends up being less walking and if I'm riding my bike I end up escaping most of the afterwork traffic :D

yeah, i can park my bike at my office building and park near my apartment building at a parking lot that has quite good security (have seen a shit ton of bikes parked there constantly as well)

main goal is to avoid the PITA traffic jams that are on my commute ... and possibly get better fuel economy in the same time spending money to save money in the long run 🙃

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Taking my 335i in for service today. It says it's been due for 2 months now, so it's about time.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Sure, Jay has his 900bhp ZL1 1LE but I'd argue that this is as fun if not more to drive...

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

On 5/19/2020 at 5:56 AM, Bananasplit_00 said:

Triumphs = very expensive + very expensive insurance

Bandit 600 is fairly cheap at times but is another Suzuki from the 80s/90s period. Not all too turned on to the idea of a hornet either after my friends absolut disaster bike lmao

Also these are all chain driven :P

I figured xD

Yeah, about being chain driven... Is there really anything cheap that isn't?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Open track yesterday and apparently people forgot how to drive. The videos are hilarious... hotheaded passing on track and a fist fight.

98337898_561703981426226_4529475555493412864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=ldGAOjzH9CsAX8YV42g&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&oh=82910fe18ccbea382cc54d62baef1387&oe=5EEE280C100098847_246585889736196_1171052107751489536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=ntaHebhECgkAX-zLS01&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&oh=937ba1fac2a0a99639b3eddb8f59c42b&oe=5EEBAA6C

99296932_2305100786460626_3897712696912510976_n.png?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=pn7Y-7Fgzc0AX8Fk7y3&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-1.fna&oh=2e815adc34fd71c07fe39f2b49dca509&oe=5EEC41F0@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@chaozbandit Lol I'm so scared of that happening if I ever do a track day event

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Holy shit the Corvette tho

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

The fb group is privated but these are the two videos floating around

https://streamable.com/4yb1q3

https://streamable.com/7ekhsq

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

The fb group is privated but these are the two videos floating around

https://streamable.com/4yb1q3

https://streamable.com/7ekhsq

People just being absolute bellends on track? Who would have thought
Y'all let too many people on the track at the same time

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

The only time I ever had mine on track was for an autocross even.  It's you against the clock in a parking lot.  Keeps the speed and some of the danger in check and if you do manage to wreck the hope is the worst you do is run over a traffic safety cone.

Edit to add, I wasn't even last.  103 out of 111 participants total.  16th out of 19 in the rear wheel drive stock class.  Wasn't bad for first time ever trying it.

DSC_0459.JPG

1 hour ago, vf1000ride said:

The only time I ever had mine on track was for an autocross even.  It's you against the clock in a parking lot.  Keeps the speed and some of the danger in check and if you do manage to wreck the hope is the worst you do is run over a traffic safety cone.

Edit to add, I wasn't even last.  103 out of 111 participants total.  16th out of 19 in the rear wheel drive stock class.  Wasn't bad for first time ever trying it.

I autocrossed a cheap 2001 corolla for about a year my NB miata for 2 years. Never won an event, but did win a season in the miata. Was almost always in the top 5-10 in the miata though(I think I was 2nd once?)

Corolla I was always mid-pack.

Both were stock. well except the Miata had a bigger front sway bar. Miata had RE-71R's (I was trying to win) and the corolla just had some Sport Comp-2's (I was trying to learn) Lol

Still have the miata!

The last video I ever recorded lol:

Spoiler

Finally got my '03 9-3 out on public roads rather than my neighborhood's privately owned roads and above 20mph for the first time in 3 months!

I don't think the car likes sitting too much heh

I also think it probably liked to stretch its legs beyond 20mph kek

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

'but everyone else drove through the water just fine!' Everyone else wasn't a BMW 328i 'how does water even get inside the engine, I don't understand?' Well you know how air goes inside the engine? Water goes in the same way. I had a bad feeling when I opened the airbox and the air filter had become a water filter. Probably a good thing the starter isn't working. He's gonna get with his insurance and get back to us on Tuesday. I anticipate it being totaled out.

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

'but everyone else drove through the water just fine!' Everyone else wasn't a BMW 328i 'how does water even get inside the engine, I don't understand?' Well you know how air goes inside the engine? Water goes in the same way. I had a bad feeling when I opened the airbox and the air filter had become a water filter. Probably a good thing the starter isn't working. He's gonna get with his insurance and get back to us on Tuesday. I anticipate it being totaled out.

XD it’s always BMW’s too. Do they put the intake tubes lower or something than other manufacturers because I feel like I hear that all the time 

Spoiler

I found this on Youtube and thought it was pretty neat, he starts showing off the actual shifting at around 2:40.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

11 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Service is done! All is right with the world.

cQyNNML.thumb.jpg.a5136745935d68f5b9d7ae83375bcd26.jpg

Looks like it needs a nice polish and coating applied.

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Looks like it needs a nice polish and coating applied.

Really? How can you tell? I just see a super reflective black surface in the picture, and in real life it looks pretty clean.

It's just under a year old, too.

EDIT: Just under a year old for me, not from the factory.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

IMG_20200522_104351.thumb.jpg.88974b8d28d9b1556a832a47e6bf183f.jpg

37 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Really? How can you tell? I just see a super reflective black surface in the picture, and in real life it looks pretty clean.

It's just under a year old, too.

EDIT: Just under a year old for me, not from the factory.

It just looks dull in the picture, I suppose it could be the lighting, but to my eye it looks like it's got a lot of micro-marring on the paint dulling the gloss. Did the rear quarter get refinished? It looks like it's a different surface texture than the rest of the car, but that really could be lighting since it's a bit blown out there.

Micro-marring is super common and super easy to fix with just a light buff, but it makes a big difference in the pop and gloss of a paint finish. It happens from just everyday wear n tear from car washes, dust/sand blowing around on the car and getting touched/rubbed, etc. There's also the issue of surface bonded contaminants which don't wash off (tar/iron being the most common) dulling the finish, mostly on leading edges at the front and behind wheels on the sides. A good de-iron, clay, and light buff followed by a nice high gloss sealant/ceramic coating and it'll look tons better! I'll attach a photo of a car I did these steps to, once I fix my bluetooth.