Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

15 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Giorgi died from a side impact with a tree, that frame is gone. Plus, it was Daytona Violet and the lips on both bumpers and side skirts were silver...

Yup, you're right. Rewatched the crash video and that frame would have been toast. And yeah, you're right about the colour, very unlikely Giorgi (rip) had a wrap on his. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

9 hours ago, IKnight said:
I wonder if it's the legit OOM-500? 

No

44 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Giorgi died from a side impact with a tree, that frame is gone. Plus, it was Daytona Violet and the lips on both bumpers and side skirts were silver...

I was just about to write this ... probably the best color combo for the E34 .. and black wheels image.png.da891e218ee7c15e896a4c3d97a17487.png

27 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Yup, you're right. Rewatched the crash video and that frame would have been toast. And yeah, you're right about the colour, very unlikely Giorgi (rip) had a wrap on his. 

Its most likely someone who either found the plates or made some and put them on a black E34 M5

i doubt that anything could be saved from the actual car ...

(actual images of the crashed car ... dont open if you dont like that stuff )

Spoiler

image.png.391fd6beefc38fdee74b0292b9b1780e.pngimage.png.b49d8605916b4f13b87ea63a5e0a2c5c.png

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Whoa 33 years after it's introduction, the Peugeot 405 platform is still in use in Iran & Azerbaijan.

peugeot-405-slx-2.jpg?w=1200

peugeot-405-slx-3.jpg?w=1200

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

7 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Hide contents

image.png.391fd6beefc38fdee74b0292b9b1780e.pngimage.png.b49d8605916b4f13b87ea63a5e0a2c5c.png

Good luck bringing that thing back to life xD that is beyond fucked

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

new parts came in.

20200515_182236.jpg

was kinda sad cause the only company i could find that did quarter window restorations discontinued their service in JAN..... so had to do aftermarket for the time, rear bumper is original mold urethane and front is an aftermarket urethane

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

I am waiting for some car parts.  A whole bunch of them.  Luckily, the dealership is getting them all installed for me.  Sometime next week I am picking up a shiny new Mazda CX5 GS with AWD. Woohoo!

15 hours ago, Warin said:

I am waiting for some car parts.  A whole bunch of them.  Luckily, the dealership is getting them all installed for me.  Sometime next week I am picking up a shiny new Mazda CX5 GS with AWD. Woohoo!

Nice! Hope you enjoy it

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I’m on a 3 month wait list for these lol

B99B1A50-8BD5-455D-9B96-22E20B90B043.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Nice! Hope you enjoy it

I wish the budget would have allowed the Signature edition with the turbo, but alas!

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I’m on a 3 month wait list for these lol

B99B1A50-8BD5-455D-9B96-22E20B90B043.jpeg

Please let me know how they are, I'm interested in that for my Celica! Surely the bushing sleeves are a pretty universal set of sizes so it can't be hard to mix and match kits for other cars.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Please let me know how they are, I'm interested in that for my Celica! Surely the bushing sleeves are a pretty universal set of sizes so it can't be hard to mix and match kits for other cars.

I really like the idea! And Greg peters has had them for over a year now with no issues so I think they legit work.

(which means every bushing company needs to steal this idea lol) 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I really like the idea! And Greg peters has had them for over a year now with no issues so I think they legit work.

(which means every bushing company needs to steal this idea lol) 

Nice! I only get a little creaking sometimes when there's full suspension flex, even though I've had the bushings in for 5-6 years now I think that's like 30K maybe 40K miles at the most, though my suspension doesn't flex a ton so that probably helps! Story time!

I go with a Celica group that's primarily NOT 7th gen Celica, 4th, 5th, 6th, and at the Tail of the Dragon meet there was a very old 70's Celica. Everyone likes to shit on my 7th gen because it's not a 6th, 5th, or 4th, like the rest of them. 'they're unreliable' 'they're slow' 'they look ugly' 'they're a girls car' so on and so on, especially mine because it's an automatic (but I have magic shifty buttons so it's ok). So coming back down the mountain one last time I see the guy in his 77 Celica by the side of the road with his hazards on, I assume something is wrong so I pull over to see what's up. There's a narrow shoulder with about a 6 inch drop into a steep slope with gravel off the edge of the road where it got rutted out by something so I park with my hazards on (much brighter LED's) behind him, walk up, see what's up, does he need anything. He's in awe because he watched my car drive on 3 wheels. My entire R/R wheel was just floating in the air with no body flex. I'm like 'oh yeah it's a really great chassis on these cars, don't know why everyone hates them so much'. He was fine, just taking a break because his car is a lot to handle on roads like that, it likes to lift wheels and flexes all over the place and is generally a pretty crazy car to drive I guess. Meanwhile the road side photographers are taking pictures of my car and aside from the wheels and background being motion blurred you'd think that it's parked sitting still despite the fact that I'm doing like 40mph around a hairpin. Crazy fun car! It's just a shitty slow girls car for a nurse having a mid-life crisis.

10 minutes ago, Bitter said:

-snip-

I'm guessing your Celica has the 1ZZ engine, right?

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

48 minutes ago, dcgreen2k said:

I'm guessing your Celica has the 1ZZ engine, right?

2ZZ, but automatic, but shifty buttons, but only 4 gears, but sticky tires and magical suspension bits, so it's like all over the place in positives and negatives. Overall it's slow but it's fun slow.

11 minutes ago, Bitter said:

2ZZ, but automatic, but shifty buttons, but only 4 gears, but sticky tires and magical suspension bits, so it's like all over the place in positives and negatives. Overall it's slow but it's fun slow.

sounds like fun. I love the 2zz. Just imagine if you had 2 extra gears though lol. That's the real benefit of the 6 spd Lol

Modern car chassis are so much stiffer/solid though. something people overlook.

Even a big difference from 2000 till now. every new car I drive im like "wow this thing feels solid" Lol

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Does the 4 speed auto make the car feel significantly slower while accelerating? I used to have a Toyota Paseo with a 4 speed auto, and it always felt like it was getting bogged down even though it weighed only about 2000lbs. I'm sure it's not because that car had only 90hp... :P

Anyway, what tires do you run? I'm sure a set of sticky tires on a light(er) car like the Celica does wonders!

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

49 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

sounds like fun. I love the 2zz. Just imagine if you had 2 extra gears though lol. That's the real benefit of the 6 spd Lol

Modern car chassis are so much stiffer/solid though. something people overlook.

Even a big difference from 2000 till now. every new car I drive im like "wow this thing feels solid" Lol

I've got solid tower bar front and a solid 3 point TRD bar in the rear to go with my suspensiony stuff. The bars do make a large difference, mostly the rear one. There's some other tie bars I could get for the front but they're harder to find and one really hurts ground clearance which is already low. My front splash shields under the engine would probably fail that rolling a tennis ball under the car thing they supposedly do in Cali. Rest of the car is fine, those squirrel murderers hang low.

Just now, dcgreen2k said:

Does the 4 speed auto make the car feel significantly slower while accelerating? I used to have a Toyota Paseo with a 4 speed auto, and it always felt like it was getting bogged down, even though it weighed only about 2000lbs. I'm sure it's not because that car had only 90hp... :P

Anyway, what tires do you run? I'm sure a set of sticky tires on a light(er) car like the Celica does wonders!

It does because you fall out of the 6000-8000 RPM high lift cam which is where the power is. It's not awful at lower RPM, 4-6 is good too but it's still a small 4 cylinder so the inherent power loss from the automatic trans isn't great either. Having longer gears is kind of nice for driving twisty roads though, less up and down shifting.

I'm running Dunlop Z3's currently which are fairly new on the car and still need to break in some more, the old Z2 non starspec were awesome tires. Wore well and had tons of grip with good communication. I haven't had a chance to push the Z3's any yet, they felt a little greasy still in the rear hitting joints on a tight cloverleaf at 45mph but that's partly to do with how the suspension is setup as well. I could probably have gone faster and pushed into the bank more but I had a person and stuff in the car. As they wear in a little more and I get more used to them they'll feel a lot better.

Stopping power with the Z2 or Z3 is impressive, they really stick for that. I can haul ass from 60-0 in distances that would make $100,000 car owners blush, some of that is pad choice but tires play a huge role.

Aaaaaand the GSX is sold, got the tank done and sold it for about €200 more than i bought it. Eh, at least the deal was really quick. Think i really figured out why i wasnt happy with it, it didnt actiually fulfill my requirements for my next bike. I wanted my next bike to 1: Have a different engine configuration than a parallel twin 2: have something other than a chain driving the rear wheel. the GSX only fullfilled one of those and wasnt all that fun to ride anyway so bam, its gone from my life.

Now i need to find a new bike to buy, been looking at a BMW K75 for a bit now and a Yamaha XV535 and some other interesting things that pop up. Really odd how almost everything cheap is Suzuki tho... Not feeling another 80s or 90s Suzuki lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Not feeling another 80s or 90s Suzuki lol

SV650 :ph34r:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

SV650 :ph34r:

no. the 2000s ones are too expensive to insure.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I didn’t need these when I bought my Bigger front sway bar Because I wasn’t lowering my car or anything. but I at least I know not to get them again if I ever do lol.

just having a rubber bushing with a sleeve isn’t a great end link design.... Replaced with some OE menvotech ones for now 

4C5CF7D2-F918-4E50-9A90-4200C761FED9.jpeg

Spoiler

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I didn’t need these when I bought my Bigger front sway bar Because I wasn’t lowering my car or anything. but I at least I know not to get them again if I ever do lol.

just having a rubber bushing with a sleeve isn’t a great end link design.... Replaced with some OE menvotech ones for now 

Thats a straight up slav bar link right there.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Wish the TourX was doing better across the border

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB