Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Hello people of the car world! My car lease is ending soon and planning on to get my "true" car. What I mean by that is, a car that I'll keep for a alongggggggggggggggggggggggg time. I just need some opinions on certain cars. I need a daily driver, since I only go to and from work. Occasionally I'll go on back roads, but that's rear due to my lack of free time. I'm not someone with the whole "screw light weight, more power." I'd like something AWD/4WD or rwd. Also, I prefer not to get cars from earlier years (maybe after 2004 or later). I'm not much of a repair man and I really have no time. Plus my friends are willing to help me with car problems... lol... I'm looking for a comfy daily driver that looks nice and I can have some fun in. Also, manual is preferred unless the DSG's are that fantastic.  Here are several lists of cars I've been thinking of so far. Please let me know if you guys have any details on them! (BTW, I live in the US, so certain cars main not work...duh) And most of these cars will be purchased used and have low to mid miles. (No more than 40k miles.) (Also, price limit is about 35k to 40k)

Hatch/Lift backs: 2016+ Golf R, 2016+ Focus RS, FK8 Civic Type R (this is near the bottom of the list).

Coupes: 2015+ Mustang GT Premium Performance pack, 2016+ Camaro 1ss/2ss, Challenger Scat pack/ SRT392/ Hellcat (yea right, like I can afford one...), BRZ, Miata RF Club, Nismo 370Z, Vert Terminator Cobra, 2012 C63 amg coupe, E92 M3. More to come for this list.

Sedans/ 4+_ doors: Chevy SS, Charger Scat pack/ SRT392/ Hellcat, 2015 WRX STI, Kia Stinger GT. More to come to this list.

Suv/pick ups/ offr oaders: Cummins, Powerstroke, Duramax trucks lifted or not, Jeep (JK or JL and maybe a cheap v8 swap), or any v8 gas truck. I really like driving on the beach. More to come to this list.

So, this is my list. It's a little messy, but it's coming along. If there are other fun daily cars you guys know, please let me know. This is a general list of all the cars that I'm interested in. Thanks!

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

4 minutes ago, Neverforgettimomspaghetti said:

Hello people of the car world! My car lease is ending soon and planning on to get my "true" car. What I mean by that is, a car that I'll keep for a alongggggggggggggggggggggggg time. I just need some opinions on certain cars. I need a daily driver, since I only go to and from work. Occasionally I'll go on back roads, but that's rear due to my lack of free time. I'm not someone with the whole "screw light weight, more power." I'd like something AWD/4WD or rwd. Also, I prefer not to get cars from earlier years (maybe after 2004 or later). I'm not much of a repair man and I really have no time. Plus my friends are willing to help me with car problems... lol... I'm looking for a comfy daily driver that looks nice and I can have some fun in. Also, manual is preferred unless the DSG's are that fantastic.  Here are several lists of cars I've been thinking of so far. Please let me know if you guys have any details on them! (BTW, I live in the US, so certain cars main not work...duh) And most of these cars will be purchased used and have low to mid miles. (No more than 40k miles.) (Also, price limit is about 35k to 40k)

Hatch/Lift backs: 2016+ Golf R, 2016+ Focus RS, FK8 Civic Type R (this is near the bottom of the list).

Coupes: 2015+ Mustang GT Premium Performance pack, 2016+ Camaro 1ss/2ss, Challenger Scat pack/ SRT392/ Hellcat (yea right, like I can afford one...), BRZ, Miata RF Club, Nismo 370Z, Vert Terminator Cobra, 2012 C63 amg coupe, E92 M3. More to come for this list.

Sedans/ 4+_ doors: Chevy SS, Charger Scat pack/ SRT392/ Hellcat, 2015 WRX STI, Kia Stinger GT. More to come to this list.

Suv/pick ups/ offr oaders: Cummins, Powerstroke, Duramax trucks lifted or not, Jeep (JK or JL and maybe a cheap v8 swap), or any v8 gas truck. I really like driving on the beach. More to come to this list.

So, this is my list. It's a little messy, but it's coming along. If there are other fun daily cars you guys know, please let me know. This is a general list of all the cars that I'm interested in. Thanks!

lot of good choices in there... I guess it really depends on what you *need* or *want*

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

6 minutes ago, Neverforgettimomspaghetti said:

No waggons? Waggons are great! 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally)...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I have a question, what do you all make of Cleetus' Project Neighbor?  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVME M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Yamaha HPH-MT5 headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

24 minutes ago, Neverforgettimomspaghetti said:

honestly for a daily ... for practicality reasons i would get something with 4 doors or maybe even a wagon

but wagon or sedan or a hatchback ... that is a personal preference 

from the list my pick would be the Golf R ... you could also look into a Audi RS3 (i dont know how much those are over there)

if the WRX STI has the EJ25 2.5l 4 cylinder turbo engine ... i would avoid it. just because of how many issues people have with those subaru engines (even stock)

Would get the WRX (non-STi) that has the FA20 2.0l 4 cylinder, yes it has less power, but its cheaper and should be way more reliable 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

@711jrp

saetta-italSistem.JPG.aea16e1b52c2b2d38ac913585b627998.JPG

So much want , but €€€€

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

48 minutes ago, Mr.Dingle said:

@711jrp

saetta-italSistem.JPG.aea16e1b52c2b2d38ac913585b627998.JPG

So much want , but €€€€

Rotax with a pumper carb too, cart I'm thinking.... check out two stroke stuffing on youtube well worth a look

Pete

11 minutes ago, 711jrp said:

Rotax with a pumper carb too, cart I'm thinking.... check out two stroke stuffing on youtube well worth a look

Rotax are baby stuff compared to this. SV21 ItalSistem . Easy 35HP there , at 20K RPM , 100cc aswell.

Already following that channel ;)

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Here I was, just playing some Ride 2 when I stumbled upon a Bimota bike.

bimota-tesi-3d-naked-7.jpg

THEY USE SWING ARMS ON THE FRONT

WHAT THE FUCK

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

1 hour ago, Neverforgettimomspaghetti said:

Oof, what a list :). I'll give my thoughts about the cars I think are good choices.

Stinger is a pretty heavy car for what it is, but a nice one. Not super sporty, but luxurious. Def. good choice as a daily driver, especially if you make long trips. Driving on the beach with it though... don't know if good idea (depends on the terrain I guess). 'Stang is a nice allrounder, but you have to be into those to live with 'em. Not super luxurious, but they've come a long way. C63 and E92 are both very nice cars, good allrounders and more refined than the Mustang. They are however far more expensive if something goes wrong I reckon. I personally think the Golf is boring, a hot hatch should be manual, lightweight and agile, a fun focused car that challenges you to improve your driving skills and gives you more and more fun the quicker you go. If you want a more classic hot hatch setup, take the Type R. If you want AWD hot hatch, take the RS. Miata, BRZ, Nismo and Cobra are probably not that suitable as a daily. They are more fun focused and lack long term comfort and all round practicality. WRX STi is a pretty nice car, but, like the 'Stang, it has to suit you. Not super comfy or luxurious, but usable as a daily and definitely fun. Driving on the beach is no problem, heck I'd recommend it. If you can afford it, a Raptor is a nice pick-up. Not really an SUV/pick-up guy myself. Offroad though, definitely. I'd get a Land Rover Defender in a heartbeat if I could afford one. My uncle had a TD5 110 as a daily for almost 10 years. Had special seat installed for long term comfort; it has a pretty spartan interior. Been a passenger plenty of times, wouldn't recommend it as a daily unless you're really into it. Was a manual with a manual locker and high - low gearing. Oh, and it doesn't fit in most parking garages: it's too high.

Wi RoZ

4 hours ago, warmmilk said:

They need to make one for my car

Or you could change cars :ph34r:

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

21 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

WHAT THE FUCK

idk it doesn't seem like its better than the typical fork design .. if anything it would most likely make it feel weird so the person wouldn't be able to push the bike to its limits 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Does anyone know why Trucks are so popular in the US? I know so many people that own them that have never put anything in the bed. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : Gloway 2400Mhz 8GB CL16 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

2 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

honestly for a daily ... for practicality reasons i would get something with 4 doors or maybe even a wagon

but wagon or sedan or a hatchback ... that is a personal preference 

from the list my pick would be the Golf R ... you could also look into a Audi RS3 (i dont know how much those are over there)

if the WRX STI has the EJ25 2.5l 4 cylinder turbo engine ... i would avoid it. just because of how many issues people have with those subaru engines (even stock)

Would get the WRX (non-STi) that has the FA20 2.0l 4 cylinder, yes it has less power, but its cheaper and should be way more reliable 

I’d pick an Audi S4 with a manual if one can find one. 

Huge fan of the 3L supercharged TFSI engine

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, arnavvr said:

Does anyone know why Trucks are so popular in the US? I know so many people that own them that have never put anything in the bed. 

Trucks are generally quite reliable, dependable and very versatile vehicles. They are quite popular in NZ too, especially the Hilux and Ranger. 

57 minutes ago, Mr.Dingle said:

Rotax are baby stuff compared to this. SV21 ItalSistem . Easy 35HP there , at 20K RPM , 100cc aswell.

Already following that channel ;)

35hp from a 100cc engine? Woah that's some nice numbers

56 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

bimota-tesi-3d-naked-7.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK

Wtf is that xD would that even be rideable in a sensible way? Also the exhaust routing seems kinda funky, I think that it's supposed to be an L twin engine in there as its a ducati but even then I can't make sense of it, the pipe from the front cylinder just goes to nowhere and the one that goes to the muffler looks to come from the oilpan or something. Wait also how the fuck do you steer that thing beyond leaning??? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally)...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

20 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I’d pick an Audi S4 with a manual if one can find one. 

Huge fan of the 3L supercharged TFSI engine

right ... forgot about them :D 

18 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

35hp from a 100cc engine? Woah that's some nice numbers

Wtf is that xD would that even be rideable in a sensible way? Also the exhaust routing seems kinda funky, I think that it's supposed to be an L twin engine in there as its a ducati but even then I can't make sense of it, the pipe from the front cylinder just goes to nowhere and the one that goes to the muffler looks to come from the oilpan or something. Wait also how the fuck do you steer that thing beyond leaning??? 

The exhaust routing is funny, not gonna lie xD

It's got hub-centric steering, apparently. Don't ask me anything, I just found out about it and know absolutely nothing.

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

what about that weird bike with the 2 seperate front wheels someone made recently? I didn't get the point of it...

Spoiler

2 hours ago, arnavvr said:

Because they're great space for passengers. Why do people buy sports cars but never take them to track days?

14 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Because they're great space for passengers. Why do people buy sports cars but never take them to track days?

Canyon runs? 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : Gloway 2400Mhz 8GB CL16 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

@Maybach123 Apparently these photos are a hit

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

Hello I'm new here but @JoaoPRSousa I love ur profile gif. Isn't it from, "EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW, TO GET UP TO SPEED, ON THE TOYOTA (I forget which toyota video showed the clip)"

My PC: Prebuilt CyberPowerPC Specs: Ryzen 5 1400, Rx 580 4gb, B350M Bazooka Motherboard, 16gb of DDR4 Ram, 2TB Hard Drive, Worse than stock Ryzen heatsink

YouTube Channel

Twitter Page

CarThrottle Page