Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

dont you dare scare away the new guy :P 

isnt that my job as a brit?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

10 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

arent you boring

A good thing they don't. Would hate to see society as a whole taken down a few notches because of one person's action. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

isnt that my job as a brit?

nah, your job as a brit is to be annoying af ... not scare people away 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Had the oil on our Audi replaced a few days ago. Dad was driving home today when the oil light came on. He shut the car off, let it sit for a bit and started driving again. Then the light started flashing again. Got it into the garage and it's seems to have started leaking from the filter. Literally no oil on the dipstick... Let's just hope the 500 meters the engine was ran didn't fuck anything up... 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 minute ago, PandaCopyRight said:

ahhhh i see

in other news im now the proud owner of some ebay special coilovers. how long itll be before they go on the civic i dont know

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

I agree?

1 minute ago, IKnight said:

Had the oil on our Audi replaced a few days ago. 

2 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Had the oil on our Audi

2 minutes ago, IKnight said:

our

So you too went to the @terrytek school of because a family member owns something it's yours too?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

Had the oil on our Audi replaced a few days ago. Dad was driving home today when the oil light came on. He shut the car off, let it sit for a bit and started driving again. Then the light started flashing again. Got it into the garage and it's seems to have started leaking from the filter. Literally no oil on the dipstick... Let's just hope the 500 meters the engine was ran didn't fuck anything up... 

Amateurs, we had a 2.2d running with no oil in it the other week for about a minute purely because the lad doing it forgot he hadnt filled it up after doing the service.

Now i make sure the do the oil first before carrying on with everything else as not to make that same mistake

So a while back a new car to me showed up at C&C, and it took me a while to figure out that this was an Exige with a GT3 body kit added on. Not for looks, as the previous owner was known to have tracked the car. A bit more digging brought up this video, which linked to the old owner (Kalson Chan, Speed Syndicate, Canadian!), an intent to sell the car for ~$85k CAD late 2016/mid 2017. It appeared to have sold, and its now on what appears to be on the opposite side of the country compared to where it originated.

^ review from just before he decided to sell it, minus the front aero; filmed at the Ridge Motorsports Park

@warmmilk @bcredeur97

image.thumb.png.1cc8e37ff76934be87e20cf22cee2d6d.pngimage.thumb.png.2ee046dad9843cdcc29692578ee49418.png

Screenshot_20190812-133057.thumb.png.0ddd53f9e31dfec5fa331366da57abcb.png

Edit: current owner

image.png.bae58153b7f1440e9a82c803a7afb6b0.png

IG doesnt want to embed apparently

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, IKnight said:

sounds like someone doesnt know how to install an oil filter :ph34r:

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

7 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Filter gone bad?

Surely the car wouldve been run up to temp, road tested and the oil level checked again before they got it back?

In all likelyhood its probably the O ring in the filter housing is either damaged or missing. 

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Surely the car wouldve been run up to temp, road tested and the oil level checked again before they got it back?

In all likelyhood its probably the O ring in the filter housing is either damaged or missing. 

or has 2 o rings cause someone forgot to remove the old one? 

or has 2 o rings cause someone forgot to remove the old one? 

Less likely but definitely still a possibility.

From my limited experience with audis their filter housings are the same style as jag, unless the o ring wasnt where it should go theres no way you could put 2 o rings in the same place

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Less likely but definitely still a possibility.

From my limited experience with audis their filter housings are the same style as jag, unless the o ring wasnt where it should go theres no way you could put 2 o rings in the same place

Well, unless there was a new one on 1 side and an old on the other side?

13 minutes ago, vetali said:

So you too went to the @terrytek school of because a family member owns something it's yours too?

Wow aren't you fun at parties? 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Just now, IKnight said:

its like you dont even know him 

2 minutes ago, AlarmComputerPerson98 said:

Well, unless there was a new one on 1 side and an old on the other side?

Thats not how they work

10 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Dude idk. Was done at a mechanics shop. 

10 minutes ago, AlarmComputerPerson98 said:

Filter gone bad?

Doubt it. Replaced a few days ago. 

What's weird is that it was fine for a few days. And it was driven for about 30 mins at like 80kph before the light came on. 

its like you dont even know him 

True....

What's weird is that it was fine for a few days. And it was driven for about 30 mins at like 80kph before the light came on. 

Melted the O rings probably.

5 minutes ago, IKnight said:

At least I can ride up in my own car. 

3 minutes ago, IKnight said:

it may have been leaking for since it left the shop cause some dumb motherfucker doesnt know how to do his job? 

Just now, PandaCopyRight said:

it may have been leaking for since it left the shop cause some dumb motherfucker doesnt know how to do his job? 

Doubt it. Would have noticed leaks this morning. Unless it was so minute that it was only building up in the undertray.