Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

am8zrE4_700b.jpg

Ah. Older A1 then. The TDI's are good. And the one i drove was a manual. Would've been nicer if it was an auto but then i'd only have a license for autos :/ 

It's cause you're too slow :P 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Just now, IKnight said:

Even if i'm doing 10 over and there is plenty of room to pass they still insist on tailgating.

And then they can't keep up through the corners. But they will deliberately speed in order to keep tailgating. 

It is the dumbest thing ever. And i see it waay too often..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

FYI onboard video of the new Roadster in full plaid

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

Even if i'm doing 10 over and there is plenty of room to pass they still insist on tailgating.

And then they can't keep up through the corners. But they will deliberately speed in order to keep tailgating. 

It is the dumbest thing ever. And i see it waay too often..

I doubt it's Audis exclusively. But yeah. Tailgaters are jackasses. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

1 minute ago, IKnight said:

I doubt it's Audis exclusively. But yeah. Tailgaters are jackasses. 

90% Audis. Sometimes its an old volvo trying to keep up though.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

16 minutes ago, IKnight said:

today walking home from work i nearly got ran over by 2 audis ... when i was on the crosswalk and they decided to not stop ... ended up fliping them off and slowing down ... my knee is too fucked up to run away from them 

both were driving A6 C5 (one was a black sedan other was a dark blue wagon ) .... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Pretty sure its a motor per axle, just the larger battery pack allows for higher short duration performance. This isn't a Rimac or Nio implementation of per-wheel drive.

It has 3 motors. Not 4. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

On 11/16/2017 at 9:15 AM, Real_PhillBert said:

I20161121_182934.jpg

I didn't know these existed till now. I NEED IT

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

24 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

It has 3 motors. Not 4. 

I know, Tesla has one on the front and two on the rear. Rimac has one per wheel.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

22 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I know, Tesla has one on the front and two on the rear. Rimac has one per wheel.

Ah, I read your original statement wrong. interpreted "axle" as "wheel"

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, Mister2010 said:

today walking home from work i nearly got ran over by 2 audis ... when i was on the crosswalk and they decided to not stop ... ended up fliping them off and slowing down ... my knee is too fucked up to run away from them 

both were driving A6 C5 (one was a black sedan other was a dark blue wagon ) .... 

Damn thats a dick move of them.

@TVwazhereYou gonna get on discord?

Just now, IKnight said:

Perhaps. Not right now, as I'm currently at work, wouldnt get on for at least three hours at the absolute earliest

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Tommy's intro is straight fire (Song changes every video)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

23 hours ago, IAR117 said:

- Peugout 306 GTi-6

- Citroën DS3 THP, can be chipped to make as much WHP as the DS3 Racing

- Toyota Corolla T-Sport Compressor

YES

20 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

About £800 too high

Meh not a fan of the compacts, tho do kno a guy who put the 2.8 into one and dailies it, its stripped and has a welded diff ?

So, you're looking at stuff like R53 JCW's and R26 Megane's, and a 318Ti is too expensive? o.O

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Also the SLS-E was spotted testing recently

AMG GTE coming?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

53 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

YES

So, you're looking at stuff like R53 JCW's and R26 Megane's, and a 318Ti is too expensive? o.O

AMG GTE coming?

I dont decide insurance prices, I cant imagine the 318s are but I dont really like them hence not looking

I mean how is a Focus ST cheaper to insure than a Civic Type R?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

What the heck

Folding@Home | BOINC

42 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

What the heck

that is fucking amazing

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 hours ago, techswede said:

Do i qualify? xD 

Spoiler

10 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777 

Dealership Spot: Porsche 911 GT1

any pictures of the front of this gt1?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

5 hours ago, IKnight said:

Also, all the links expired, DM me a permanent one

1 hour ago, Maybach123 said:

any pictures of the front of this gt1?

They're all in the album. Its the Canadian car.

Dealership Spot: Porsche 911 GT1

Folding@Home | BOINC

so I'm prolly late to the party, but Tesla roadster!?!?!?!?!?! quarter mile in 8.9???????? thats insaaaaane!

I'm curious about how it handles though... it has the advantage of all the weight being low, and perfect traction control and torque vectoring.  but its gotta be heavy-ish... a p100d is 4950lb... would it be safe to assume that the roadster could be 1000lb lighter?  I mean a 2017 GT-R is 3900lb... with weight not being all low... and an amazing awd system, but nothing compared to what could be accomplished with 3 electric motors...

edit:

I take back 1000lb lighter than the p100d, with double the battery and one extra motor... for all we know it could be heavier

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

11 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

I'm highly skeptical about the announced Tesla Roadster and its claimed numbers.

0-60 mph in under 2 seconds on normal street tires doesn't seem possible. At least not when you look at any other car.

Those kind of numbers can be achieved pretty easily with an electric car as you have what is basically perfect traction control because you have absolute control over the electric motor. Something you dont have with an internal combustion motor.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

12 minutes ago, bob345 said:

Those kind of numbers can be achieved pretty easily with an electric car as you have what is basically perfect traction control because you have absolute control over the electric motor. Something you dont have with an internal combustion motor.

but 7320 ft-lbs....

@warmmilk

Spoiler