Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I think that would look great.

Would probably order these, a little pricey but would rather do decals over paint or plasti-dip

https://www.inshanedesigns.com/product/universal-hash-mark-fender-stripes/

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Would probably order these, a little pricey but would rather do decals over paint or plasti-dip

https://www.inshanedesigns.com/product/universal-hash-mark-fender-stripes/

But the thing is, is the car up and running again before you can really start spending money on it again?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

But the thing is, is the car up and running again before you can really start spending money on it again?

Not going to be doing right now. I have more important things to spend money on. But I like planning stuff out. Which is why I have links saved for mirrors, new steering wheel, spoiler, intake, turbo, exhaust manifold, cat-back, etc.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Not going to be doing right now. I have more important things to spend money on. But I like planning stuff out

I'm assuming getting the car back up and running is one of them? And i'm one of those people too, like planning in advance. it's like satisfying somehow.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

I'm assuming getting the car back up and running is one of them? And i'm one of those people too, like planning in advance. it's like satisfying somehow.

Of course, going to be turbo-shopping here soon. Car parts are cheapest around winter for obvious reasons, and with Black Friday / Cyber Monday coming up I'll be able to score a Mitsubishi TD04 for a good price. Rather not get an eBay turbo for my daily.

Check edit for a few of the upcoming plans

Well, tesla pull the best "wait we're not done" stunt yet and unveiled a new tesla roadster with a 1.9 second 0-60 and 600 mile range.

edit for pic

1116_tesla_semi-8707.jpg.ee3e01e8fee501992e6c97f703577e0e.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Been considering getting a spare hood to mess around with this idea. Wouldn't leave it on for everyday driving (rain exists) but would be a fun idea for shows. Should I go for it?

23559805_2043006622600005_3194821741549866337_n.jpg

Found the same vent he used

http://www.finelinetuning.net/product/dmax-style-hood-vent-universal

"The only thing beyond Ludicrous which is plaid" 

Alright guys, I know car enthusiasts don't particularly care for EVs, but how do you feel about the new Tesla Roadster. Watching the livestream right now they are saying they've achieved 0-60 in 1.9s and 0-100 in under 9 seconds. On top of that that they are saying they have reached over 250 mph, on a battery that can go "from LA to San Francisco and back on a single charge (200 wH) or a range of 620 mile range." Personally I'm a huge Tesla fanboy and think if they pull it off it's going to be the most incredible car in years.

In Summary:

0-60 1.9 s

0-100 < 4.2s

250+ mph

3 Motors

200 kwh batter

10,000 nm of torque

RU07Qfx.png?1

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

1 minute ago, CJPowell27 said:

snip

The specs are seriously beyond nuts.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

10 minutes ago, bob345 said:

Well, tesla pull the best "wait we're not done" stunt yet and unveiled a new tesla roadster with a 1.9 second 0-60 and 600 mile range.

edit for pic

yo, that's snazzy

Just now, bob345 said:

I was laughing as he talked about it because it sounded so fake, it's blowing my mind

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

1 minute ago, CJPowell27 said:

I was laughing as he talked about it because it sounded so fake, it's blowing my mind

same here, all i could think of was how cruel of a joke that would be, but holy shit its real.

Just now, bob345 said:

same here, all i could think of was how cruel of a joke that would be, but holy shit its real.

It looks significantly smaller than the Model S so the main thing that is blowing my mind is how they doubled the battery capacity. I'm assuming a new battery technology because there's no way they squeezed two times the amount of battery compared to a P100D

4 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

last post 2 hours ago. yep... thread is ded

edit: and of course @chaozbandit times his post perfectly.

i tend to sleep between 11 and 7

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

16 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

i tend to sleep between 11 and 7

What's sleep? 

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

What's sleep? 

drugs

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

So Tesla just unveiled a car that is literally better than everything gasoline? 

The only question now is what time does it get around the ‘ring?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

44 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Is there a motor per wheel? It should be insanely quick.

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

If I was a betting man, I'd say about as fast as this:

red_bull_x2010___gran_turismo5_by_darthr

Unpopular opinion warning:

This seems like a clever scheme to distract stockholders and keep share prices from plummeting from the fact that Tesla continues to miss production goals by enormous margins, their debt load, and their lack of profitability. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Till tesla makes something that sounds better than a stock car, I am unimpressed. It's no fun when there is no difficulty and risk. If they will let me overvolt the motors with double the voltage like I did with my power wheel as a kid, I might start looking that way lol.

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Is there a motor per wheel? It should be insanely quick.

Pretty sure its a motor per axle, just the larger battery pack allows for higher short duration performance. This isn't a Rimac or Nio implementation of per-wheel drive.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

9 hours ago, bob345 said:

edit for pic

1116_tesla_semi-8707.jpg.ee3e01e8fee501992e6c97f703577e0e.jpg

As much as I hate Tesla, that's impressive. Still fucking ugly without a grille, fake or real.

9 hours ago, bob345 said:

I don't believe it until I can see this car working on video or in person or something. Seems too good to be true.

@MEC-777 I know why I find the butt of the new Dallara car so pretty now

Dallara-Stradale-1440x960.jpg

Modern-Italian-911-GT1-AMG

Dealership Spot: Porsche 911 GT1Mobil1 SportsCar Grand Prix Weekend 2017

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

9 hours ago, CJPowell27 said:

"The only thing beyond Ludicrous which is plaid" 

Alright guys, I know car enthusiasts don't particularly care for EVs, but how do you feel about the new Tesla Roadster. Watching the livestream right now they are saying they've achieved 0-60 in 1.9s and 0-100 in under 9 seconds. On top of that that they are saying they have reached over 250 mph, on a battery that can go "from LA to San Francisco and back on a single charge (200 wH) or a range of 620 mile range." Personally I'm a huge Tesla fanboy and think if they pull it off it's going to be the most incredible car in years.

In Summary:

0-60 1.9 s

0-100 < 4.2s

250+ mph

3 Motors

200 kwh batter

10,000 nm of torque

Though i wouldn't own one i'm happy that Tesla is driving EV tech forwards and forcing the established manufacturers to play catchup.

I just don't agree with the styling on anything in the tesla range. 

I'd much rather have this

354016d1493989843-colour-decision-gtr-me

Or a Rimac or some bits from Kreisel to convert my catfish to electric.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"