Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, techswede said:

AnsCVtb.jpg

Quite the imagination.

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

11 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

@TVwazhere Finally got my stripes!! 

The ST came out with these as a standard option back home and just wasn't used to seeing one without them. 

Really happy with how it Turned out. 

Also got another present in the mail today, Perfect timing for my Track events this weekend. 

Next up going to Crack open the Headlights and do some Blacking out, want them to look that little bit unique. 

I bought silver ones literally three days after I got the car and haven't put them on. Did you do those yourself or have them installed for you?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

F

Your workplace wasn't the brightest.

That reminds me, met the nicest and smartest 350Z driver ever on Saturday. Guy was slowly passing me like normal, I put on my turn signal because of the slow truck in front of me and the 350Z driver gassed it so I could move over without slowing down.

Why can't more people be like that?

Really it wasn't. Even my dad knew it was kinda fishy from day one.

Because people are innately assholes.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Really it wasn't. Even my dad knew it was kinda fishy from day one.

Because people are innately assholes.

Yeah I've never seen a workplace that does it that way.

Nothing forces you to be an idiot or an asshole, yet so many people are. It's annoying.

29 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah I've never seen a workplace that does it that way.

Nothing forces you to be an idiot or an asshole, yet so many people are. It's annoying.

Cutting hours for no reason, not giving me hrs bc of sucky performance, etc. It's the worst. But  I was in no position to talk back.

I thought it would be implied maybe in drivers' ed or some shit that you should be nice to others, but maybe it just flies over them.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

Cutting hours for no reason, not giving me hrs bc of sucky performance, etc. It's the worst. But  I was in no position to talk back.

I thought it would be implied maybe in drivers' ed or some shit that you should be nice to others, but maybe it just flies over them.

I'd at least see if you could do something about it but I wouldn't expect much.

It was in my class, but most people barely even pay attention to what they're doing, let alone what other drivers are doing.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I'd at least see if you could do something about it but I wouldn't expect much.

It was in my class, but most people barely even pay attention to what they're doing, let alone what other drivers are doing.

It's too late, i don't work there anymore, and this early in my working life, it's best to move on. Everybody's dealt with their fair share of shitty employers.

I like this guy:

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That reminds me, met the nicest and smartest 350Z driver ever on Saturday. Guy was slowly passing me like normal, I put on my turn signal because of the slow truck in front of me and the 350Z driver gassed it so I could move over without slowing down.

Why can't more people be like that?

It's rare finding courteous drivers like that where I live. I guess most lack the patience or just don't care.

Most.

My brother was in a situation where a reckless driver in a truck suddenly backed out from a driveway onto the busy street. If the SUV driver next to my brother didn't slam the brakes for him to swiftly swerve into that lane, he would have crashed into the truck.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I like this guy:

Bestline seems like a legit additive 

26 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

They're laying fiber down my street!! :D 

Only rubber down mine .. 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

32 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Congratulations, we're still on strings between tin cans. xD

28 minutes ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

It's rare finding courteous drivers like that where I live. I guess most lack the patience or just don't care.

Most.

My brother was in a situation where a reckless driver in a truck suddenly backed out from a driveway onto the busy street. If the SUV driver next to my brother didn't slam the brakes for him to swiftly swerve into that lane, he would have crashed into the truck.

I'm going with don't care. I was taught how to drive the German way and the military way (woo, thanks parents) which is pay attention to literally everything and everyone around you, even several miles down the road.

Most people might think I'm an asshole for some things I do while driving, but in reality I'm making it easier for everyone to be going at speed.

Except for some people, those that irrationally tailgate me I will be a real fucker to. Especially when I'm doing 15 over the limit already? C'mon.

10 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Heres one of the cuts for it. S10 doesn't spin the tires from a launch, and i dont want to light up a $700 set of tires until i have new ones ordered and that won't be for ~24k hopefully. 

Only way i can spin the tires from a launch is if i redline the engine , take a piss on the tires and oil em up like blonde hookers in bad po3no.

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

48 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

That sounds like a bad idea... Maybe they should hang it on poles or bury it or something :D 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

24 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That sounds like a bad idea... Maybe they should hang it on poles or bury it or something :D 

latest?cb=20131126013116

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 hour ago, PanteaDropper said:

Bestline seems like a legit additive 

it does! I'm also interested to see what else he tests. 

I've been watching and subscribed to that guy for a few months now, I really like the way he conducts his tests. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I bought silver ones literally three days after I got the car and haven't put them on. Did you do those yourself or have them installed for you?

I was going to, but honestly it turns into such a mission just trying to get it all straight, I just got a pro to do it, was more cheapo than getting a second batch of stickers done after I F it up. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

I was going to, but honestly it turns into such a mission just trying to get it all straight, I just got a pro to do it, was more cheapo than getting a second batch of stickers done after I F it up. 

Yeah I kinda screwed up the first one. I'll probably just pay to have it done if I do do it, because I couldn't get the bubbles out for shit without stretching the vinyl

@vinyldash303 you should see little cable that they actually run into specific homes. it's tiny lol

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

This is the hole they cut, and two hours later the fiber is in. Its pretty neat stuff real stiff by the looks of it compared to a normal cable. Kinda like a garden hose made out of pvc pipe. I didnt touch it or anything, just watched a worker try to pick up a section of it down the street. And theres the spools they have sitting over next to the strip mall. Neat shit. 

Lord, the planner in me is screaming at how bad of an idea it is to just bury cable in asphalt.