Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

37 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Never heard of it. Must be something US only. What type of sandwich?

Well today I had a shrimp sandwich... mostly because I wanted something "light" because I haven't been feeling well the past few days. 

But their sandwiches look like this... the weird "buns" are their thing:

04+ready+to+go.jpg

(not my pic)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Who makes good subs today? Like /good/ subs?

I tend to like Kicker, JBL, and Alpine myself.

36 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I ate at that sandwich place with the weird name today. Was pretty good, don't go there super often. 

"Schlotzsky's" or however you spell it. 

Better than subway IMO, though a bit more expensive too.

I like my local Togo's mainly because they load up on the meat at no cost. Pls they were founded in my favorite city, San jose.

11 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

It is a SR5 trim package with tow package.  Yeah, the stocks are highly disappointing, considering the price tag on this truck.  Then again, I was planning to switch out speakers.

Yes, you can hook a sub and amp off stock head units.  You will need line out convertor to correct the speaker level signal to the signal the amp can use to send to the sub woofer.  There some good digital processors now that can correct the stock head units' signal to be used with aftermarket amps.  Even ones with GUIs that can be accessed by a computer to do tuning.

Still doing research on sub woofers.  The deal with sub woofers is some are good for seal box or port box or both, and will sound different depending on layout and available space of the box.  Also, depends on the sound signature you are looking for out of the sub woofer.  Myself, I prefer tight, clean bass.  While others like loud, loose bass.  Each woofer will vary because of materials and build style.  Best thing to do, go listen to some subs, but be aware of the box style too as that affects the sound.

Will any line out converter work or should there be a specific one? and how would connecting it to a stock stereo compare to an aftermarket one in terms of sound quality 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Well press F laddies, because all the cars my dad and I were eyeing up at the auction yesterday went for double what they were worth, so we didn't get any. :/

It happens.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It happens.

Yep. Not surprisingly he already had even more cars in mind that aren't auctions, so we'll see where that goes. ?‍♂️

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

inb4 you wind up with a Corolla

300K mile gang

Sidenote: there was a 2004 Silverado with a dmax at the auction with 430K on the clock and some halfwit bought it for 5400 bucks

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

3 hours ago, IKnight said:

Why does Forza Horizon 3 run like a dog no matter what I do? Optimization/port problems or just my hardware? 

Runs like dog shit no matter what 

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Who makes good subs today? Like /good/ subs?

Ya Boi works at Jimmy John's 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

46 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I would've bid. as long as it was no rust.

Oh no it was the definition of a Michigan vehicle.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

19 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@warmmilk

Interesting how the Hoosiers compare against the Pirellis he has to run in CSCS.

Yeah, Hoosiers are incredibly sticky. I got a ride in a 458 on R7's (less sticky than A7 but lasts longer per session) and the speeds we took corners at were absurd

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

Will any line out converter work or should there be a specific one? and how would connecting it to a stock stereo compare to an aftermarket one in terms of sound quality 

A good quality line out converter should be hard to tell if a stock head unit signal being used.

Are you only going to do the sub?  Or, do you want one that later add your door speakers too?

If only doing subs, I heard good things about this LOC:  AudioControl LC2i

Here an article by Crutchfield on LOCs:  https://www.crutchfield.com/S-eMhjEp91ydQ/learn/what-are-line-output-converters.html

Biggest thing to do though is find out which speaker wire has the full audio range.  Otherwise, you will lose part of the signal if the wire you are tapping is not full range.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Runs like dog shit no matter what 

Ya Boi works at Jimmy John's 

I tried Jimmy John's a while back. God damn, they were actually good sandwiches. JJ's is good for when you want variety, Togo's is good if you want a classic loaded pastrami sub.

5 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

A good quality line out converter should be hard to tell if a stock head unit signal being used.

Are you only going to do the sub?  Or, do you want one that later add your door speakers too?

If only doing subs, I heard good things about this LOC:  AudioControl LC2i

Here an article by Crutchfield on LOCs:  https://www.crutchfield.com/S-eMhjEp91ydQ/learn/what-are-line-output-converters.html

Biggest thing to do though is find out which speaker wire has the full audio range.  Otherwise, you will lose part of the signal if the wire you are tapping is not full range.

Honestly, it's undecided, I might buy a set on Black Friday if a set of 4 runs pretty cheap, since the stock door speakers, though made by Pioneer, are garbage. Tweeters are good though. But i'm quite against spending more than I need to on this car, it's gone almost 300k and it's not worth a lot. However, if I get a lexus LS400, I might more than likely upgrade with better quality components, including a stereo so there's that.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Honestly, it's undecided, I might buy a set on Black Friday if a set of 4 runs pretty cheap, since the stock door speakers, though made by Pioneer, are garbage. Tweeters are good though. But i'm quite against spending more than I need to on this car, it's gone almost 300k and it's not worth a lot. However, if I get a lexus LS400, I might more than likely upgrade with better quality components, including a stereo so there's that.

Well, if you do the setup right, you can switch the speakers back to stock and flip them over to the other vehicle.

Reason for the harness hook up on the door speakers I am installing.  Plugs right into the stock harness, no cutting required and will allow me to put stock speakers back on the truck.  At most, when I get around to getting a good LOC, I will just have to poke a small hole into the stock harness to grab the signal and run speaker wire off the amp.

I say for best bang/buck speakers.  Keep an eye out on Rock Fosgate speakers.  Not bad speakers for the price range.  I have those in the Nissan Frontier now, and those still sound a whole lot better than the stocks.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

5 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Well, if you do the setup right, you can switch the speakers back to stock and flip them over to the other vehicle.

Reason for the harness hook up on the door speakers I am installing.  Plugs right into the stock harness, no cutting required and will allow me to put stock speakers back on the truck.  At most, when I get around to getting a good LOC, I will just have to poke a small hole into the stock harness to grab the signal and run speaker wire off the amp.

I say for best bang/buck speakers.  Keep an eye out on Rock Fosgate speakers.  Not bad speakers for the price range.  I have those in the Nissan Frontier now, and those still sound a whole lot better than the stocks.

Wait, so you're saying I can put the aftermarket speakers on my old car with the harness, then when I get my lexus I can just swap those into there and put the stock ones back on my old car? And i assume I wouldn't need an LOC if i go with a new stereo right?

And I remember someone on this forum told me that RF used to be good in the olden days, but as of late their quality has dwindled.

16 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Wait, so you're saying I can put the aftermarket speakers on my old car with the harness, then when I get my lexus I can just swap those into there and put the stock ones back on my old car? And i assume I wouldn't need an LOC if i go with a new stereo right?

And I remember someone on this forum told me that RF used to be good in the olden days, but as of late their quality has dwindled.

If you can find the connector to hook to the stock plug that hooks into the stock speakers, yes.  That what I am doing to the Toyota since it was not hard to find the speaker harness kit for those trucks (there a big aftermarket kits for these trucks all over the place).  An aftermarket stereo should not need a LOC, if the stereo sends a good flat signal out its RCA ports to an amp.

If keeping the stock head unit on the current vehicle, probably best to just fix up a speaker harness to plug straight into the stock harness wires.  That way you can reconfigure the vehicle back to stock.  If adding a sub with amp, a LOC is required to grab the signal off the stock harness if using the stock head unit.  You don't need to cut into the wires, just poke a hole into the jacket and through the wire big enough to poke speaker wire through to grab the signal.

If going with an aftermarket head unit, get the harness kit to plug the head unit into the stock harness wire.  Then rig up the speaker harness wires for the speakers.  Only thing then is to use the RCA outs for your sub amp.  This will also allow you to reconfigure the vehicle back to stock.

There a wide range of doing aftermarket sound systems on a vehicle.

RF is not super bad at the low price range.  Reason I said bang for buck.  But, you can go down the money rabbit hole if you start chasing for the best sound.

Reason I stay around low-mid tier level, since my experience I feel like I get a better sound over stock without breaking the bank.  (I have enough expensive hobbies as is)

Man my back was not doing great back when i clocked out at work.

And its been a bit sore all day. On top of that i just had to sneeze right now.. Guess i'm not moving from this chair for a while..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Why is that not your member title?

Might have to change it 

54 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I tried Jimmy John's a while back. God damn, they were actually good sandwiches. JJ's is good for when you want variety, Togo's is good if you want a classic loaded pastrami sub.

My favorite is a combo that isn't even on the menu and apparently no one ever gets. 

#5 Vito (Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Sauce, Oregano, provolone, capicola, and salami) add Mayo (one of the few sandwiches that doesn't already come with it) cherry peppers, and turkey. Never seem anyone else add turkey to the #5 but it's my favorite combo.

The Tuna is really good too (if made by a good manager) , but really filling 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Fender mirrors were a rare factory option for R32s right? Either way. Other than that exactly what I'd do to a GTST Sedan

FB_IMG_1509927330650.jpg

2 hours ago, warmmilk said:

Yeah, Hoosiers are incredibly sticky. I got a ride in a 458 on R7's (less sticky than A7 but lasts longer per session) and the speeds we took corners at were absurd

I just always associated Hoosier with drag slicks, never knew they made a decent road course tire

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

This Acura NSX frequents my store's parking lot. :x

Screenshot_2017-11-05-17-05-13.png

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Prolly me. What I said was that the ones in dads truck are fucking amazing, and that they got bought out so the quality has changed. Just like Planet Audio, step dad had some Big Bangs in his toyota, I almost snagged the one he still had but he got rid of it right before I got the S10. I'm sure they'd be fine. Just not the same. Kinda like Bose from the 70s vs Bose today.

Hmm, maybe if I only got a spare amount of money, then I'd spend it on some RFs then, since money is quite tight since job pay sucks.

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

If you can find the connector to hook to the stock plug that hooks into the stock speakers, yes.  That what I am doing to the Toyota since it was not hard to find the speaker harness kit for those trucks (there a big aftermarket kits for these trucks all over the place).  An aftermarket stereo should not need a LOC, if the stereo sends a good flat signal out its RCA ports to an amp.

If keeping the stock head unit on the current vehicle, probably best to just fix up a speaker harness to plug straight into the stock harness wires.  That way you can reconfigure the vehicle back to stock.  If adding a sub with amp, a LOC is required to grab the signal off the stock harness if using the stock head unit.  You don't need to cut into the wires, just poke a hole into the jacket and through the wire big enough to poke speaker wire through to grab the signal.

If going with an aftermarket head unit, get the harness kit to plug the head unit into the stock harness wire.  Then rig up the speaker harness wires for the speakers.  Only thing then is to use the RCA outs for your sub amp.  This will also allow you to reconfigure the vehicle back to stock.

There a wide range of doing aftermarket sound systems on a vehicle.

RF is not super bad at the low price range.  Reason I said bang for buck.  But, you can go down the money rabbit hole if you start chasing for the best sound.

Reason I stay around low-mid tier level, since my experience I feel like I get a better sound over stock without breaking the bank.  (I have enough expensive hobbies as is)

I'm not sure I can find a speaker harness for a protege, since i'm sure this car is not that popular. same probably goes for an ls400, since i doubt many people are down to do that.

and if i go aftermarket stereo, I'm assuming if I go with the harness kit, I would have to cut up the stock wire? I might just have to pay someone to do it instead because I don't wanna screw up and risk frying my entire system.

Do you know if these speakers are any good? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109STAGE8/JBL-Stage-8602.html?tp=105 40 bucks a pair, and can handle up to 180 watts of power, 60w RMS. or these ones only 5 bucks more https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206DSC504/Kicker-43DSC504.html?tp=105  these brands seem pretty reputable, no?

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Might have to change it 

My favorite is a combo that isn't even on the menu and apparently no one ever gets. 

#5 Vito (Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Sauce, Oregano, provolone, capicola, and salami) add Mayo (one of the few sandwiches that doesn't already come with it) cherry peppers, and turkey. Never seem anyone else add turkey to the #5 but it's my favorite combo.

The Tuna is really good too (if made by a good manager) , but really filling 

That sounds pretty Italian. And tbh it sounds quite salty to me. I've only eaten there once though, I need to try them again.

15 minutes ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

This Acura NSX frequents my store's parking lot. :x

Screenshot_2017-11-05-17-05-13.png

Oh you reminded me, this morning while biking around a nearby neighborhood (it's quite affluent actually), i actually see someone pull up in a fucking green McLaren 570S, like in british racing green. i just about lost it.

It sounds so good, holy shit.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

Hmm, maybe if I only got a spare amount of money, then I'd spend it on some RFs then, since money is quite tight since job pay sucks.

I'm not sure I can find a speaker harness for a protege, since i'm sure this car is not that popular. same probably goes for an ls400, since i doubt many people are down to do that.

and if i go aftermarket stereo, I'm assuming if I go with the harness kit, I would have to cut up the stock wire? I might just have to pay someone to do it instead because I don't wanna screw up and risk frying my entire system.

Do you know if these speakers are any good? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109STAGE8/JBL-Stage-8602.html?tp=105 40 bucks a pair, and can handle up to 180 watts of power, 60w RMS. or these ones only 5 bucks more https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206DSC504/Kicker-43DSC504.html?tp=105  these brands seem pretty reputable, no?

That sounds pretty Italian. And tbh it sounds quite salty to me. I've only eaten there once though, I need to try them again.

A harness kit for the aftermarket stereo allows you to plug into the stock harness without cutting.  Only thing you have to do is either solder or crimp the harness to the aftermarket stereo harness.  What model vehicle and year you have?  I can most likely at least find the harness for the aftermarket stereo to hook into the stock harness.

Kicker and JBL are consider good brands.  I have yet to experience any of their speakers so can't give any first hand experience with sound signature. 

28 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

For putting in an aftermarket head unit, you adapt the harness going into it with a harness adapter, and run the harness from the adapter to the aftermarket head unit. That way you don't cut up the stock wiring. 

So pretty much plug and play.

2 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

A harness kit for the aftermarket stereo allows you to plug into the stock harness without cutting.  Only thing you have to do is either solder or crimp the harness to the aftermarket stereo harness.  What model vehicle and year you have?  I can most likely at least find the harness for the aftermarket stereo to hook into the stock harness.

Kicker and JBL are consider good brands.  I have yet to experience any of their speakers so can't give any first hand experience with sound signature. 

So this sounds stupid, but will the aftermarket stereo provide a harness? I have never even touched a stereo harness before so IDK what I'm looking for at all.

And really, if I can afford 2 stereos, I'm looking for 2, a 2002 mazda protege and a 1998-2000 lexus ls400 (don't have the car, but it's gonna be around those year ranges).

I might try them if I can't find any good deals from my local car audio shop on black friday, since they typically have pretty good deals, like a pioneer stereo and 4 speakers for 50 bucks. But I might try different brands to see what's up. Should I try keeping it the same brand all around, or can I mix, like have 2 JBL speakers in my front door and 2 Kicker speakers in my rear deck?

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Crutchfield will sell you everything you need to put it in and get the steering wheel controls working at whatnot. costs money but it will be proper. if you tell it your vehicle and look at the radio you want

1f4e39672fbbd85bbb5ce472d8999d2c.png

and click the "see the instal gear you need" button and it shows you the harness and what not for the radio and steering wheel controls and bezel trim and stuff

5f7a4d294ad433881f4a5eed1ff20068.png

Yeah i won't even need the steering wheel controls bc none of my cars have it (though i can technically retrofit one on my corolla from a higher trim model, just need the part). But i don't think I've seen this "Select a package" page at all somehow.