Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

 

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

 

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Recommended Posts

Oh hey page 3300


CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

F-ugly snobbish suv's, I hate them.

 

For solid front axles, I'd have to go 3/4 and 1+T, which I dont mind. I love the smell of diesel in the morning. Put others in a cloud of black smoke. xD

 

The Nissan Frontier is so-so for space, just another truck. My friend has one, I sit in it nearly everyday. I am used to be a Jeep guy, but I love big badass trucks. Not too big though, I am not one of those morons.

 

 

Too high for my liking. Good bush truck though.

 

Another stupid one, height wise.

 

 

 

 

 

Perfect, but IFS :(

 

 

Great, without the stupid flames.

 

 

 

 

I want to eventually have a duramax 3500 at some point. I'm not gonna lift it but I will put slightly larger tires on it. I'll get the Duramax over the others because of the independent front suspension.

 

I also like GM. :) 


[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to do a Forester build someday

 

Photo one is with a 2.5 inch lift and 35s

 

The other is obviously slammed. 

 

Idk what route to go. Guess I'll just need two. The struggle. My wallet hurts just thinking of it 

c4d213ac26d24aeb81cc9eac32a8c1e1.jpg

MPQNsiz.1.jpg


CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I really want to do a Forester build someday

 

Photo one is with a 2.5 inch lift and 35s

 

The other is obviously slammed. 

 

Idk what route to go. Guess I'll just need two. The struggle. My wallet hurts just thinking of it 

 

 

I love the look of the foresters, simple and still scream Subaru 


I've only used air cooling, my old signature was a lie ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

I love the look of the foresters, simple and still scream Subaru 

I love them with uels and a straight pipe. Simple and sounds amazing. That applies for any Subaru though really 


CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I love them with uels and a straight pipe. Simple and sounds amazing. That applies for any Subaru though really 

Too loud IMO. They do sound sweet with a proper exhaust though. :x


[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Too loud IMO. They do sound sweet with a proper exhaust though. :x

My dream is two Foresters, quite similar to what I posted, uels on both, stance would be a daily with a Apexi N1 exhaust and the battle wagon would just be straight piped. But if I ever get a WRX or sti it will definitely be straight piped. There's a white sti sedan (2012 or so) with neochrome looking dipped wheels and a straight pipe that hits sounds godly. I like a loud car myself. Neighbors not so much, but I have to listen to all of their straight piped Harleys. So they can deal with my life cars 


CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

My dream is two Foresters, quite similar to what I posted, uels on both, stance would be a daily with a Apexi N1 exhaust and the battle wagon would just be straight piped. But if I ever get a WRX or sti it will definitely be straight piped. There's a white sti sedan (2012 or so) with neochrome looking dipped wheels and a straight pipe that hits sounds godly. I like a loud car myself. Neighbors not so much, but I have to listen to all of their straight piped Harleys. So they can deal with my life cars 

I just like a plesant exhaust note. Not exhaust ear rape.


[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I just like a plesant exhaust note. Not exhaust ear rape.

I grew up around open headers v8s so a straight pipe isnt super loud to me. As long as I've got enough sound deadening material to be able to hold a conversation on the highway I'd be happy. If not just throw a muffler on it, maybe a flowmaster or something of that nature 


CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I grew up around open headers v8s so a straight pipe isnt super loud to me. As long as I've got enough sound deadening material to be able to hold a conversation on the highway I'd be happy. If not just throw a muffler on it, maybe a flowmaster or something of that nature 

Flowmaster super 44 on a forester!


[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Flowmaster super 44 on a forester!

It would sound super nice, loud when you're on it and like a Subaru, little quieter and more refined when you're off the throttle 


CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Velvet Revolver said:

I do love the burbs they are nice SUV's.

 

You ever seen a truck or SUV with low profile tires on them?

So sad, what a waste :( Lowered + low pro's :(:(:( Is there a crying Emicon?

Your performance wheels will take your car through corners as if it ...

I don't like lopros. I was gonna get a 2500 suburban but decieded for what I need it for, a 2500 or 3500 express van will be a better choice. I wouldn't lower it. Would for sure put stock size or slightly larger Toyo AT2s on it. That's what imma do with the express van. 

 

Have you seen what it looks like when you swap the Escalade front end on a silverado. I'm a fan but don't know if I'll ever have it done. Has to be a crew cab though. Looks silly on a standard cab.

Wheels are too big but other than that I think it looks cool

Image result for escalade front end for silverado


[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Link to post
Share on other sites

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites

For a van you need a tall roof, but you need a regular L front end, not a flat front end. Death traps they are.

Yes

Ford E-250 Van (Cargo) - TruckandBody.com Blog

 

Ugly but big front end

Nissan_nv_cargovan_highroof_2013_480_0001

 

 

 

 

 

I dont know about short front ends, as long as you dont rear end anyone I guess they are alright.

No

... Van Test Drive | Vans Blog & Discussions at Truck Trend MagazineSuper LWB High Roof Van 2010 Toyota Hiace Super LWB High Roof Van ...Sprinter Cargo 3 Dr 3500 High Roof 140 WB Van Extended Exterior

 

 

 

 

 

Lemons but good layout and design of the doubleback. Do this to a 4x4 high roof van.

 

VW T5 Transporter Doubleback Is A Great Idea | Car Tuning

 

 

Sexy beast!!!!--------->?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.M67db933d9bc6b8e9a555b519c6331668o0%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

 

 

Sexier beast!

Fiberglass Mounting Style Aluminum Roof Rack

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Spacious beast, good for camping or business.

2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 High Roof Cargo Van - Graphite Grey ...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

For a van you need a tall roof, but you need a regular L front end, not a flat front end. Death traps they are.

Yes

Ford E-250 Van (Cargo) - TruckandBody.com Blog

 

Ugly but big front end

Nissan_nv_cargovan_highroof_2013_480_0001

 

 

 

 

 

I dont know about short front ends, as long as you dont rear end anyone I guess they are alright.

No

... Van Test Drive | Vans Blog & Discussions at Truck Trend MagazineSuper LWB High Roof Van 2010 Toyota Hiace Super LWB High Roof Van ...Sprinter Cargo 3 Dr 3500 High Roof 140 WB Van Extended Exterior

 

 

 

 

 

Lemons but good layout and design of the doubleback. Do this to a 4x4 high roof van.

 

VW T5 Transporter Doubleback Is A Great Idea | Car Tuning

 

 

Sexy beast!!!!--------->?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.M67db933d9bc6b8e9a555b519c6331668o0%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

 

 

Sexier beast!

Fiberglass Mounting Style Aluminum Roof Rack

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Spacious beast, good for camping or business.

2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 High Roof Cargo Van - Graphite Grey ...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ive already decided on a 3500 cargo van with the 6.0 and 4l80e. No roof racks, no 4wd, no extended roof. Just generic white pannel van with windows on the doors. Its gonna get the shelves for parts. Its gonna be a tow vehicle. When the motor blows its getting an LS2 put in. 


[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I grew up around open headers v8s so a straight pipe isnt super loud to me. As long as I've got enough sound deadening material to be able to hold a conversation on the highway I'd be happy. If not just throw a muffler on it, maybe a flowmaster or something of that nature 

That's your hearing going away if straight pipe isn't loud for you. :P


.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

Oh electronic transmissions :$

What about also installing some rockwells or 14 bolt or Dana 60's, maybe some ARB air lockers? or go redneck and weld em up?

The 3500s either came with a GM 14 bolt with either a 10.5" or an 11.5" ring gear, or a Dana Super 70 with a 10.75" ring gear from the factory.

 

And it will be staying open diff.


[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That's your hearing going away if straight pipe isn't loud for you. :P

I mean, you're not wrong. I've always had kinda ehh hearing, my right ear being better than the left


CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hnnnngh the MSO LT looks so nice. Definitely one of the highest specced LTs in the US.

 

 


LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×