Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

-snip-

Yeah that's the problem with N/A builds. I'll take that all day over an effectively $70k civic lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

agreed. I love a good N/A build. 50 grand tho....

I thought he said 15

Either way, k24 frankenstein will get you plenty of HP for far less. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 minute ago, vetali said:

I thought he said 15

Either way, k24 frankenstein will get you plenty of HP for far less. 

and even then I still rather J32. in my miata anyway

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

and even then I still rather J32. in my miata anyway

Well yeah. Hard to do that in a civic. Plus I can actually fit in a 8th gen civic. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

@vinyldash303 that kukui oil conditioner that you semi recommended on here a while back is great. i bought it hoping it would be nice, and i love it. the conditioner keeps it nice and smooth, and it makes my hair smell like coconut. i love it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Kinda jelly about that. 

Best I've got is Gabriel Iglesias follows me on Twitter 

Fluuuufffffffffyyyyyyyyyy

39 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

isn't it?

Its so thick too. :D 

i just started using it today, so i'm gonna use it some more and see the long term effects. but damn, it was thick, thicker than im used to.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

srs though. its nice but I've onl;y used it for 4 days in a row at the most

i usually condition every other day, as not to overcondition my hair and oil it to fuck, but i'm just hoping it was worth the 4-5 bucks i paid for it, at god damn walmart. i expected that price at target, but it's overpriced af at walmart, maybe.

51 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

isn't it?

Its so thick too. :D 

10 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i just started using it today, so i'm gonna use it some more and see the long term effects. but damn, it was thick, thicker than im used to.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I don't ever use the conditioner. What's it supposed to do?

soften hair, keep it nice and smooth and silky. if you don't use it a lot, your hair gets all frizzy and it just feels super rough. plus it gives it some volume too. (your results might vary. i can tell my hair gets nice and shiny and smooth because i have black hair, but sometimes its confused for greasy looking) but really i used to not use conditioner either, and that was a mistake, and now i condition every other day to keep it smooth and shiny.

15 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Everyone that ruffles my hair always says that its super soft but I never use it.

then your hair must be naturally soft then. for me, if i don't condition my hair, it feels all like gritty and dirty after a couple days.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

enough with the face. i can't stop reading your posts without cracking the fuck up.

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮ 

Spoiler

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Suzuki Cappuccino

"nothing beats a cup of coffee"

Yup

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

10 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Twingo GT

Swift Sport

or Yaris 1.8

I think if i get the twingo im gonna be forever comparing it with my friends RS lol. I like the Swifts and the Yaris, think the 1.5 swift will be the best compromise since insurance is wayy cheaper than the sport and its not massively down on power. Im gonna take a look at every car if possible and reduce the length of the list.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Hated every minute of it. @JoaoPRSousa

Forza Horizon 3 2017-02-14 6_16_12 AM.pngForza Horizon 3 2017-02-14 6_15_57 AM.png

Also trying to get the new HE cars be like

Forza Horizon 3 2017-02-14 4_34_53 AM.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

9 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Fluuuufffffffffyyyyyyyyyy

Saw him live once (for free at that.) He was in town and the radio station was giving away tickets as prizes. Since I work there I got my hands in a pair of tickets. 

Usually he walks around the lobby after shows meeting people for free. Doing autographs and taking pictures. Of course the one show I go to he was sick and didn't. Sucks how that worked out

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

8 hours ago, terrytek said:

i usually condition every other day, as not to overcondition my hair and oil it to fuck, but i'm just hoping it was worth the 4-5 bucks i paid for it, at god damn walmart. i expected that price at target, but it's overpriced af at walmart, maybe.

I have to on a daily basis. My hair is so thick and long that if I don't it's just unpleasant 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Hated every minute of it. @JoaoPRSousa

Also trying to get the new HE cars be like

I need to hop on to grab another Zenki. Last one I sold on the auction house sold for over 600k. For a stock car. 

Chicagos only true known S15 was totaled last night. No idea how the guy had it in the US. Was on dealer plates still. 

Sad to see this thing die. 

FB_IMG_1487076979460.jpg

FB_IMG_1487076957929.jpg

FB_IMG_1487076619284.jpg

Spoiler

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB