Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

The acquisition was in late 2000 I believe. My car is a 2000 model so built in 99. But it doesn't look like they ever had a factory on us soil. Maybe that's what the Mexico factory was for. A lot of cars are built in Mexico and then sold in the US 

My mom's golf was built in mexico but sold over here. Which is a similar logistical nightmare i suppose

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

39 minutes ago, techswede said:

Torque is an addicting thing xD 

In the end it'll probably be 

"Can't get any traction. But i sure as hell ain't going below 1200nm's again"

Isn't it? :D I love the 570 nM fun time. Needs more though.

38 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

He has done a V6 Mustang review, but it was a supercharged example. So does it really count?

Could've sworn he's reviewed an older V6. Huh.

17 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777

GO MUSTAAAAAAANG

4+ hours? I know what I'm watching today.

12 minutes ago, techswede said:

My mom's golf was built in mexico but sold over here. Which is a similar logistical nightmare i suppose

Interesting. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Thought this was a Kouki S13 at first glance. 

After closer inspection that's definitely a MR2. Whoops

IMG_20170213_153619.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Isn't it? :D I love the 570 nM fun time. Needs more though.

The engines i'm looking at are around 450nm. 

The one i'd really like for my particular car is the L59. Because flex fuel right off the bat. But still an LS based small block. 

Will need to swap out the plastic fuel tank in my car first though..

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

The engines i'm looking at are around 450nm. 

The one i'd really like for my particular car is the L59. Because flex fuel right off the bat. But still an LS based small block. 

Will need to swap out the plastic fuel tank in my car first though..

Why would you need to swap out the fuel tank?

Ethanol eats it up .. 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Don't like the idea of having a plastic tank and running E85. Especially since the tank is now about 17 years old. 

12 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Ethanol eats it up .. 

9 minutes ago, techswede said:

Don't like the idea of having a plastic tank and running E85. Especially since the tank is now about 17 years old. 

Duh, I remember that..

There is a container on its way here, it should arrive in four to five weeks.

Its on a ship from japan, its contents Will be shared once it arrives, i dont want to spoil the fun.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I'm trying to think of the next mod I should do for my Saab. Since Saabs are on topic atm, any suggestions? Here's a pic and an old video I put of the engine bay on youtube. Basically it has the Viggen turbo and spoiler, manual boost controller, built head, otherwise stock really, just a few little things, oh and CAI. 1995 2.0T

GTI_Saab_Pic 005.jpg

GTI_Saab_Pic 009.jpg

Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the ‘transcendent’ and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don’t be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.

4 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Its on a ship from japan, its contents Will be shared once it arrives, i dont want to spoil the fun.

You bought an R32. :o

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You bought an R32. :o

Good guess but untill it gets here i wont tell.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

6 minutes ago, Abakan said:

I'm trying to think of the next mod I should do for my Saab. Since Saabs are on topic atm, any suggestions? Here's a pic and an old video I put of the engine bay on youtube. Basically it has the Viggen turbo and spoiler, manual boost controller, built head, otherwise stock really, just a few little things, oh and CAI. 1995 2.0T

Muffler delete and wheels? 

2 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Good guess but untill it gets here i wont tell.

Honda Beat confirmed 

I'm willing to bet pocket lint it's something none of us would be able to guess.

Actually its something you should be able to guess.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Honda Beat confirmed 

No, but nothing beats a cup of coffee.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, carguy86 said:

Actually its something you should be able to guess.

Now are you setting the bar so low that even could guess it, or that someone in this thread more familiar with JDM will be able to guess it?

1 minute ago, carguy86 said:

No, but nothing beats a cup of coffee.

Hot chocolate > Tea > Coffee :P

Now are you setting the bar so low that even could guess it, or that someone in this thread more familiar with JDM will be able to guess it?

I posted a pretty obvious (maybe even too obvious) hint in my reply to @RevoltTrain

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

13 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Levin AE86, 20V swap.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Muffler delete and wheels? 

It has good wheels and tires, as far as exhaust, I have no idea. I tried something aftermarket in the past but was extremely disappointed. Right now it's the stainless Saab Sport I think, no sound at all. Any suggestions? I don't want to delete, I like it being rather quiet, would just like to hear a bit of something because it's completely silent right now.

Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the ‘transcendent’ and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don’t be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.

Hot chocolate > Tea > Coffee :P

Wiener Melange > Mocaccino > Coffee > Hot chocolate > Tea