Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

15 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I've known that board to kill two 6800Ks randomly with no explanation - one at stock and the other undervolted. Both were perfectly stable before they went poof.

Damn.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

7 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Damn.

I think its been 3 years since I last built this system in his old Cosmos SE. The Darkbase 900 is so much better to build in, and he got it for a killer deal. Bless Newegg Canada.

The last upgrade before the case was Titan X -> 1080

DSC02167 1.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

23F here with 15mph winds so windchill is 10F lol

i don't think it's ever been this cold here... 

The beads of water on the Miata from yesterday are frozen, i can tell from looking out the window lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

And what's funny is Tuesday the high temp is 72 xD 

our weather is so weird...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

9 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

So a set of remanufactured Aero wheels is gonna cost me about $550. Not too bad truly. I want to get some nice summer tires for them. I'm really leaning towards Pilot Super Sports still. But then I'll have over 1K in wheels and tires alone. Anyone have any suggestions for some tires a little but cheaper that will still be great summer tires and do fairly well in the wet? 

i got toyo proxes 4 plus for the protege a while back and they cost like 400 i believe. they have really good dry weather grip, and they're not too bad in wet weather either. but  they might cost more for you since i'm more than sure you've got a larger tire size than me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

looks like we're getting dumped on till next thursday, though the worst of it is tomorrow, where it's expected to dump at least 6 inches of rain on us. :/ 

3082dd3bc8.png

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

wow, this m5 has seen better days. glad they restored it to great condition.

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

I've known that board to kill two 6800Ks randomly with no explanation - one at stock and the other undervolted. Both were perfectly stable before they went poof.

ASUS mobos always has neat features but everytime I read reviews I get off put by reliability and RMA stories. Even though my Gigabyte board has issues with 4 sticks of ram... it seems like z80s and z90s mobos were just pick your poison as far as issues went. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Probably won't have internet until monday possibly even tuesday. 

Calling to complain on monday anyway to see if they'll offer some kind of deal. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

34 minutes ago, vetali said:

ASUS mobos always has neat features but everytime I read reviews I get off put by reliability and RMA stories. Even though my Gigabyte board has issues with 4 sticks of ram... it seems like z80s and z90s mobos were just pick your poison as far as issues went. 

My p8z77-v pro asus board caused a myriad of problems for me. Internet connectivity. Crashes etc. My current asrock board may be brown but damn it works well.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

My p8z77-v pro asus board caused a myriad of problems for me. Internet connectivity. Crashes etc. My current asrock board may be brown but damn it works well.

meanwhile i'm still stuck on a board made by a company that's been dead since 2009.....

41 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Ive had great luck with them on the new and used market, though Gigabyte has a special place in my heart for hackintoshing. 

Yeah I wanted to hackintosh but figured out my soundcard wouldn't work and was like, meh. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

All you should have to do is tick the box in Multibeast

I don't think that works with my actual sound card unless things have changed. I have a ASUS Xonar DGX for my sound card. I think the problem was it being PCI-E.

@chaozbandit Do you know where I could find a tricolore scale model? Just not peako because they are way to expensive to paint. I want to make the zonda nero who's body matches the tricolore

Spoiler

pagani-zonda-nero-c868221062015234642_5.

2010_Pagani_ZondaTricolore2.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Center lug wheels 0.0

yep everything after the cinque had center lug wheels

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

11 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Oh. 

I might get a soundcard to go with my SP2500s if i think it could use a little bit more quality. People say it really makes a difference with this set but I'll see if I'm happy with them as they are. But its getting kind of tight with the PCIe situation. I need to look up the lane distribution because I dont want to put the sound card in and cut the bottom 290X down to 8x if i put the sound card in the bottom 8x slot. 

I would. Despite what people try to pander, onboard audio blows IMO.

15 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

@chaozbandit Do you know where I could find a tricolore scale model? Just not peako because they are way to expensive to paint. I want to make the zonda nero who's body matches the tricolore

Hide contents

pagani-zonda-nero-c868221062015234642_5.

2010_Pagani_ZondaTricolore2.jpg

What scale? For 1:18, Peako will definitely get you closer to the spec you want but on the opposite end of hte spectrum, you can get something super basic like Motormax for $30.

http://www.collectablediecast.com/MotorMax-Pagani-Zonda-F-118-Black_p_13317.html

http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/pagani-zonda-5-cinque-white-black-1-18-diecast-car-model-by-motormax/

Motormax is pretty much the only Zonda caster, with most of their stuff in 1:24 and extremely affordable but they're all early models (C12, F, R, Cinque).

http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/pagani-models/

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@MEC-777 @bcredeur97 

That feeling when you just wash the car, and then get hit by one of the City's de-icing trucks. Also, -14C this morning which led to a neat formation of ice buildup on the roof.

IMG_20170107_104216.jpgIMG_20170107_124411.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

19 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

What scale? For 1:18, Peako will definitely get you closer to the spec you want but on the opposite end of hte spectrum, you can get something super basic like Motormax for $30.

http://www.collectablediecast.com/MotorMax-Pagani-Zonda-F-118-Black_p_13317.html

http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/pagani-zonda-5-cinque-white-black-1-18-diecast-car-model-by-motormax/

Motormax is pretty much the only Zonda caster, with most of their stuff in 1:24 and extremely affordable but they're all early models (C12, F, R, Cinque).

http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/pagani-models/

Its unfortunate that peako is the only one that makes the tricolore. Might try buying a cinque and zonda F and harvesting the cinque for the side scoops and diffuser. 

29 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

The Asus board I used in my dads PC has some pretty good onboard audio. Segregated PCB and whatnot. Not as good as a nice soundcard but better than "traditional" onboard audio. We'll see after they arrive. I don't have uber nice headphones or ripped flacs to listen to. Like I posed in the audio forum asking about the SP2500s vs Companion 5s, I'm not big on accuracy, I like it to go 'boom'. The Sp2500s just happen to be good at both accuracy and boomy. 

I wana upgrade my headphones and maybe go DAC. Sennys are nice, but want a bit more depth to the bass again. I don't like speaker setups anymore. 

flac takes up too much space (plus I'd need an optical drive so lul) 320kbps encoding is the sweet spot for most consumers with effort into the audio setup.

Is it bad that I was more excited to see David wearing a shirt I own instead of the info he was saying at first?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

28 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I have playlists on youtube and some CDs I listen to. I just looked around at soundcards on newegg and if I get one, I think I'll get the Strix Soar. I thought it was funny because it takes  PCIe 6 pin. Just thought it was neat. Its $100 so that might not happen until the end of the month.

meeeh, get the DGX if they still make them. Cheaper and the tradeoffs aren't too bad. 

Note to self. Washing the car outdoors in - 10C weather is a bad idea cause water, soap, and wax will all freeze while drying even though the nozzle temperature is hot. 

Thankfully the last coat was hella wax so I should be all gucci once it melts. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

yeah the only problem is, i didn't "do" anything because have no experience to back me up sadly.