Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

11 hours ago, vetali said:

Yeah, the manager at this Sears is known to be really bad. 

Your story reminds me, I really don't know what these wrenches are for. I know they are for tight spaces, but I can't think of a time where I've wanted one. 

QPSUJLK.jpg

Seems like every "tool collection" of people in the trade have a set of these. 

Improved ergonomics and increased torque output.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Leave the center dash one stock, might not be able to hook it up. Pioneer sub and head unit, pioneer mono amp for sub? 

I currently don't have my center dash speaker, and its $70 for a single oem replacement. 

Would I be able to do that all within the stock housing? Don't want a box and everything because I want to be able to camp out in the Saab if need be for some reason

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

HfvjwXW.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I currently don't have my center dash speaker, and its $70 for a single oem replacement. 

Would I be able to do that all within the stock housing? Don't want a box and everything because I want to be able to camp out in the Saab if need be for some reason

is the stock sub a standard size, like 8, 10, or 12 inches? you might be able to stick an aftermarket sub in the stock housing, or if space is an issue, i say try an under-the-seat shallow enclosure.

10 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

The only times I have been to California (San Deigo and L.A.) have been during the early spring and fall, even then it was high 70s. I just don't get how people enjoy that kind of weather.  

ok high 70s is kinda uncomfortable, but really high 60s to mid 70s is perfect weather. it just feels great really. you don't feel too hot, you don't feel cold.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

24 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Chances are its not mounted standard size. At least in the Tahoes and Burbans if you're putting something in the factory spot you have to buy an aftermarket box thing that takes up the same spot and it gets expensive quick.

damn. i thought it would be like a standard sized subwoofer, not including the factory box.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, Maybach123 said:

I would probably die in Louisiana xD , I really cant stand hot climates. 

You would. It took me at least 14 years to get used to working outside in the 98 degree 90% humidity weather during the summer for longer than 20 minutes...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@RevoltTrain I want to experience super low negative temps, having to shovel snow to get your car out the driveway, and all that nonsense. 

Ive literally never ever had to do that. So I just feel like it's something to put on the bucketlist lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

46 minutes ago, terrytek said:

damn. i thought it would be like a standard sized subwoofer, not including the factory box.

Plywood is your friend :P

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

36 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@RevoltTrain I want to experience super low negative temps, having to shovel snow to get your car out the driveway, and all that nonsense. 

Ive literally never ever had to do that. So I just feel like it's something to put on the bucketlist lol

m8 go to alaska xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

26 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

cons: shoveling driveway

pros: slow motion drifting

hey, rain works just as well as snow for drifting without absolutely roasting your tires ;) but i kinda want it to snow here tbh. then i can slide any car i want really.

also update on my life .... i found a job .... its quite a boring and annoying job ... but its a really cool company .... the largest mobile service provider in Latvia .... sadly its only for 1 month .... maybe if i do a really good job they will think about it being longer ... but i doubt it 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

14 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

no it doesn't. In mexico it doesnt get enough grip to spin it around when it rains. In the snow, its just right.

Of course, more power would help too

ok, but it's probably easier on your tires because there's less friction, so technically it's easier to slide than dry roads, but snow still works best.

12 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

also update on my life .... i found a job .... its quite a boring and annoying job ... but its a really cool company .... the largest mobile service provider in Latvia .... sadly its only for 1 month .... maybe if i do a really good job they will think about it being longer ... but i doubt it 

lucky you. i've been job hunting for 6 months and i still haven't landed a job.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

lucky you. i've been job hunting for 6 months and i still haven't landed a job.

the problem is ... i wasnt even job hunting .... dad just sent me an email with the things to do and i did it ... and i have a job .... 

Yes i got the job trough dad xD 

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

the problem is ... i wasnt even job hunting .... dad just sent me an email with the things to do and i did it ... and i have a job .... 

Yes i got the job trough dad xD 

wtf i can't even.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

wtf i can't even.

im just not lookign for anything special ... 

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

im just not lookign for anything special ... 

neither am i, but still, seems like nobody wants to fucking hire me.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Lets practice. 

"Why should i give you this job as a clothing store employee?"

"cause im passionate about clothes and i want to wear them all" :P 

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Lets practice. 

"Why should i give you this job as a clothing store employee?"

because i can replenish stacks of clothing quickly and i can keep the stacks neatly in an efficient manner. Plus, whenever a customer asks for assistance, i try to accomplish their requests as quickly and accurately as humanly possible.

did i try too hard?

12 minutes ago, terrytek said:

because i can replenish stacks of clothing quickly and i can keep the stacks neatly in an efficient manner. Plus, whenever a customer asks for assistance, i try to accomplish their requests as quickly and accurately as humanly possible.

did i try too hard?

i think so ... but thats just my opinion 

So I got the red badges on the car right before the snow hit and it is going to need a good clean after the snow melts...

WP_20170105_22_31_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20170105_22_31_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20170105_22_30_21_Pro.jpg

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

If it were me in person, id say that i can do a neat job, and say that you can talk to people with confidence. 

i would also mention my previous work experience ... since i have worked in a grocery store before :P 

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Come up to Northern Indiana for a winter. You'll be happy to live where you do after that 

NSFW warning.

Spoiler

◆ Visit MACHINE Shop Café ◆ (Ferrari F40 Engine Ariel):

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I want a Stagea so badly 

51c8c819b28ad27a661f9c08ecfcc503.jpg

5 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Been dealing with a lot of stuff IRL.

Times have been rough.

I hope you get through it :)

1 hour ago, iHardware Shelden said:

So I got the red badges on the car right before the snow hit and it is going to need a good clean after the snow melts...

WP_20170105_22_31_15_Pro.jpg

+30HP to the wheels or crank? xD

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I want a Stagea so badly 

Same. The thing is, the only Stagea spotted in Portugal had an R35 front end... And had UK plates... And importing cars to here is currently pretty hard, lots of taxes to pay. But, the EU has said that it's illegal for the government to make us pay that much to import cars. Lmao. Which makes something even worse, not gonna mention it, don't feel like rambling (more lmao) atm

"an obvious supporter of privacy"