Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

first of, sorry if i interrupt a topic that is going on at the moment.

hey everybody. I am curious about the car you guys drove during your drivings lessons. Every country probably has different cars they use for drivings lessons. here in The Netherlands the VW polo is a very popular one and the Opel Astra is also one. But then there are some other kinds, let say more expensive ones. Such as the car i am driving for my drivers license. it is a Mercedes Benz Cla-amg. my drivingschool has 2 of those, as shown in the pictures. So i am curious what the populair drivings lessons cars are in your country and what the rare ones are. I am NOT meaning to brag about the car, just curious about the other ones. btw, we also have a ferarri in the north xD

(I drive the left one and the last picture is just to show that it really is a driving school)cla amg.pngcla amg1.pngcla amg2.png

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

8 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

hey everybody. I am curious about the car you guys drove during your drivings lessons. Every country probably has different cars they use for drivings lessons. here in The Netherlands the VW polo is a very popular one and the Opel Astra is also one. But then there are some other kinds, let say more expensive ones. Such as the car i am driving for my drivers license. it is a Mercedes Benz Cla-amg. my drivingschool has 2 of those, as shown in the pictures. So i am curious what the populair drivings lessons cars are in your country and what the rare ones are. I am NOT meaning to brag about the car, just curious about the other ones. btw, we also have a ferarri in the north xD

(I drive the left one and the last picture is just to show that it really is a driving school)cla amg.pngcla amg1.pngcla amg2.png

I didn't take drivers Ed. But I learned on a 2003 Accord and my 2000 S10. Still drive the s10 and hope I keep it for a while. Time will tell. 

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

10 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

(I drive the left one and the last picture is just to show that it really is a driving school

what the hell?? you guys get to drive around amgs for driving school? over here, i have to drive around in a nissan sentra which has the same personality as soggy bread.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

10 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

I am curious about the car you guys drove during your drivings lessons.

I'll learn how to drive (even tho I already know how to, lmao) on this.

nissan-note-2015-models-126852.jpg

(it's not THIS one, obviously)

It isn't that bad tbh

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

what the hell?? you guys get to drive around amgs for driving school? over here, i have to drive around in a nissan sentra which has the same personality as soggy bread.

Not CLA 45 AMG.

They probably are CLA 200s or some shit like that with the so called AMG PACK THAT GIVES IT 200 STYLE POINTS AND 200 EXTRA HORSEPOWER YO (AMG badge alone, 150hp+) xD

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

10 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Not CLA 45 AMG.

They probably are CLA 200s or some shit like that with the so called AMG PACK THAT GIVES IT 200 STYLE POINTS AND 200 EXTRA HORSEPOWER YO (AMG badge alone, 150hp+) xD

yeah probably, all i know is that it has 380 horsepower.

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

3 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

yeah probably, all i know is that it has 380 horsepower.

I'm pretty sure they don't ;)

7 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'm pretty sure they don't ;)

that can be. I only know it from my instructor. and that it goes from 0-100km/h in 3.7 sec, but of course i can't do that

8 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

that can be. I only know it from my instructor. and that it goes from 0-100km/h in 3.7 sec, but of course i can't do that

Believe me, they aren't 45 AMG's, unless the one you're driving isn't the one in this picture:

15036688_1313717588701186_24940069440524

2014-Mercedes-Benz-CLA-45-AMG-rear-end.j

The exhaust tip alone gives it away ;)

Do bus drivers just not give a f*ck? The bus i røde Home had CRAZY rodnock, it was loud as f*ck.

Edit: fixed strando logic, i only sensored one of the two identical sware-words.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

20 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Believe me, they aren't 45 AMG's, unless the one you're driving isn't the one in this picture:

The exhaust tip alone gives it away ;)

i drive the other one. i will look the next time what kind the exhausts are. thanks for the tip!

58 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'll learn how to drive (even tho I already know how to, lmao) on this.

-snip-

(it's not THIS one, obviously)

It isn't that bad tbh

it's fine

13086797_516663958520868_7307686535143693692_o.jpg

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

We had Civics, I still maintain that they have one of the worst dashboards in history. It's utter shit.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

We had Civics, I still maintain that they have one of the worst dashboards in history. It's utter shit.

like how bad? in the sentra, it's plastic all around. the only upside is that it had a touchscreen plus wheel mounted controls.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

like how bad? in the sentra, it's plastic all around. the only upside is that it had a touchscreen plus wheel mounted controls.

I don't care what the hell the interior is made of, I couldn't find the front of the freaking car with the dashboard.

THIS, is one of the dumbest designs ever if you're sitting in the seat like a normal person and not putting a couple phonebooks down to look over the top of the dash.

2012_Honda_Civic_dashboard.jpg

And the way everything slopes down immediately, useless.

I'm used to not being able to see the front of a vehicle (believe me I would know every day) but that was horrible, I always left too huge of a gap when parking because I couldn't even guess where the front bumper was.

Plus it just looks tacky tbh.

I usually dont love cafe racers but this one is amazing 

Honda-CB650-Cafe-Racer-1-copy-1024x770.j

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

49 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

it's fine

I'd rather drive that one.

Good news again! Travis Pastrona is making the trip north with SRTUSA to compete in the Rally Tall Pines in two weeks time. 

@MEC-777

Also! Help me decide which diecast I'll add to my collection next! These are autoart 1:18 models. 

aa_81306.jpg77451_datsun_nissan_midenight_blue_manga_anime_japan_fairlady_autoart.jpg

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Good news again! Travis Pastrona is making the trip north with SRTUSA to compete in the Rally Tall Pines in two weeks time.

He still does things?

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

He still does things?

He's been doing GRC with VW the past few years. For 2016 he committed to the full season of Rally America with SRT USA. He's was competing last year as well but commitments with nitro circus and whatnot. 

Roman Atwood was recently at his house too. 

So yes, things are still being did. 

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

37 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'd rather drive that one.

I actually got to drive that one. It's pretty quick. especially on r-comp tires lol

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I don't care what the hell the interior is made of, I couldn't find the front of the freaking car with the dashboard.

THIS, is one of the dumbest designs ever if you're sitting in the seat like a normal person and not putting a couple phonebooks down to look over the top of the dash.

2012_Honda_Civic_dashboard.jpg

And the way everything slopes down immediately, useless.

I'm used to not being able to see the front of a vehicle (believe me I would know every day) but that was horrible, I always left too huge of a gap when parking because I couldn't even guess where the front bumper was.

Plus it just looks tacky tbh.

The overall design of the dash looks very similar to my Mazda 3. However, as mine is the base model, I've dramatically fewer buttons, and the designers were smart enough to keep the (much smaller)  clock/radio display off to the center instead of blocking your view. 

Still lots of plastic though. 

The pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

Forever in search of my reason to exist.

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Also! Help me decide which diecast I'll add to my collection next! These are autoart 1:18 models. 

aa_81306.jpg77451_datsun_nissan_midenight_blue_manga_anime_japan_fairlady_autoart.jpg

Y'all JDM lover would hate me for this, but I'd take the Aston.

Why?

Because racecar.

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Why?

Because racecar.

Sold! Because racecar it is. 

Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Why?

Because racecar.

I would take the aston as well. Even though the 260z is a gorgeous car. 

Funnily enough 05-07 Astons usually go for about the same as a top condition S30 chassis car. 

On a sidenote. I may have decided on the Aston i'll get when i'm able

The V8 Vantage roadster

7206384633.jpg

Auto

7283094504.jpg

(Used astons can be had for as much as a specced out mini paceman over here) 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"