Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@terrytek he can also get them from CVS/Walgreens or other little pharmacy stores. I do think it's near the makeup and stuff tho so if that bothers you, get a girl to get it for you (I hired my sister to get mine XD)

ok, if i can pick it up from walgreens then i can just walk to walgreens and get one i guess. but i just need to curb this zit picking habit. it's leaving scars behind and it just looks ugly.

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

it cares about cpu way more if you have less than 4 cores 
im forced to limit fps to 30 so it isint a stuttery mess 

and oh well .. i nearly max out the graphics settings ... xD 

i think then my gpu might be my bottleneck in gta v then, since i've got 4 cores, and changing settings actually messes with my experience. i can still get about 20fps though, though that doesn't seem playable.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

I have no clue exactly, but it feels like 3.2k there is a pretty big boost. Its weird, this is the first and really only car where I can feel it activate. Usually, unless its vtec you don't really notice it. 

hmm you should be able to see ignition timing advance with an OBD2 scanner, perhaps see what happens at that rpm? It might be VTCS (a bunch of flaps in the intake manifold) or something if Mazda still does that. 

You're making me want to go find a car like yours and "test drive" it just to experiment lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

:o i have more cpu intensive stuff on high and more gpu intensive on ultra and i get around 35fps avg and some super cpu intensive stuff like AA is quite low 

Even with less cores than me your CPU is much newer though. With the Kabylake release today maybe some older Intel stuff will drop as far as price goes. Who knows though

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

ok, if i can pick it up from walgreens then i can just walk to walgreens and get one i guess. but i just need to curb this zit picking habit. it's leaving scars behind and it just looks ugly. -snip-

You're not alone m8. I had a bad habit of picking them too, and in fact I still have acne, but it used to be quite severe, worse than most people i've seen. I have scars from it as well :/ 

nothing I can do about it though. If my acne ever goes away and I have the money I might go see if a dermatologist can do something about it in the future, but idk, don't want to have a fake face either lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

could Be LikE hOw MY S10 wAS bEfOrE i cLeAned OFF thE SLIde PInS. bRakE PedaL WAs aMazIngLY stIFf buT sMOoTh. 

i WILL BE DoIng The REar EnD FlUid AGain hoPeFUlLy weEkEnD AftEr nexT.

sOrrY AbOut ThE FUcKed Up tEXT. i CliCkED On tEH "crAzY LIgHtS" VBs ScRIPT I PUT On MY FlAsh dRIve FRom tEH sHArD studeNT dRIVe aT SchOol. MaKeS thE CaPS loCK, NUMBeR lOcK, ANd SCrolL loCk LIgHTs oN the KeyBoARd BliNk lIKE a SonoFAbitch. ;-;

ROFL

Can I have this script? I want it pahahaha

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

hmm you should be able to see ignition timing advance with an OBD2 scanner, perhaps see what happens at that rpm? It might be VTCS (a bunch of flaps in the intake manifold) or something if Mazda still does that. 

You're making me want to go find a car like yours and "test drive" it just to experiment lol

Mine does have intake runners, they go bad pretty often. 

Don't drive an auto and compare it to a manual 3. The manual 3 is the quirkiest modern manual I've ever driven. Hard to describe, but once you drive one stock you'll understand why I've done so many things to mine in order to improve it. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Mine does have intake runners, they go bad pretty often. 

Don't drive an auto and compare it to a manual 3. The manual 3 is the quirkiest modern manual I've ever driven. Hard to describe, but once you drive one stock you'll understand why I've done so many things to mine in order to improve it. 

The intake runners go bad? lol how so?

Gotcha. I may have to check out a manual one then, if I can find one that is.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Its not letting me email it to you, because "security reasons".

rar it, or 7zip it or something else "weird". Maybe rename the extension to something else and just let me know to change it. 

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Even with less cores than me your CPU is much newer though. With the Kabylake release today maybe some older Intel stuff will drop as far as price goes. Who knows though

I wouldn't count on much of a drop, still waiting for the 4960k to drop in price :/.

Its still sitting around 800 dollars for one, yet the are two generations old. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I tried putting it in a folder and zipping it but it still didn't like it. See if you can download it from my drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B65vIOrvTeSsM3ZKZWhjNVYxTm8

windows hates that file so much. it was really hard to download it, had to disable a bunch of stuff lol

on a funny note, the script is only 7 lines:
Set wshShell =wscript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
do
wscript.sleep 100
wshshell.sendkeys "{CAPSLOCK}"
wshshell.sendkeys "{NUMLOCK}"
wshshell.sendkeys "{SCROLLLOCK}"
loop

Spoiler

In other news Faraday Future is pulling a tesla and doing a live reveal. Never had much stock in the company succeeding though

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Really? I clicked on it and it started spamming all the locks straight away... o.O

dUdE ThIS SCrIPT iS So GreAt 

to stop it though all you have to do is end the wscript.exe process in task manager btw ;) 

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

could Be LikE hOw MY S10 wAS bEfOrE i cLeAned OFF thE SLIde PInS. bRakE PedaL WAs aMazIngLY stIFf buT sMOoTh. 

sOrrY AbOut ThE FUcKed Up tEXT. i CliCkED On tEH "crAzY LIgHtS" VBs ScRIPT I PUT On MY FlAsh dRIve FRom tEH sHArD studeNT dRIVe aT SchOol. MaKeS thE CaPS loCK, NUMBeR lOcK, ANd SCrolL loCk LIgHTs oN the KeyBoARd BliNk lIKE a SonoFAbitch. ;-;

oh my god i'm like dying of hilarity like i've never seen this before lmao

21 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

You're not alone m8. I had a bad habit of picking them too, and in fact I still have acne, but it used to be quite severe, worse than most people i've seen. I have scars from it as well :/ 

nothing I can do about it though. If my acne ever goes away and I have the money I might go see if a dermatologist can do something about it in the future, but idk, don't want to have a fake face either lol

i remember freshman year of high school, it was just bad. ok, maybe it wasn't bad, but i just hated it, made me feel insecure. but its junior year, and i still have acne, but it's controllable, and my face is pretty clear. but the occasional pimple pops up and i just have the urge to pop it and pick at it. my problem areas of my face are mostly the cheeks, and mostly bc i just pick the most zits there.

19 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Lol sure. the only way to get it to stop is to restart the pc. So be warned. lemme see if I still have your email.

i want it too. i want to drive my brother insane with this.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

12 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

windows hates that file so much. it was really hard to download it, had to disable a bunch of stuff lol

on a funny note, the script is only 7 lines:
Set wshShell =wscript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
do
wscript.sleep 100
wshshell.sendkeys "{CAPSLOCK}"
wshshell.sendkeys "{NUMLOCK}"
wshshell.sendkeys "{SCROLLLOCK}"
loop

LoL i OnLy Had To DiSaBlE aVasT ANd ThaT wAs it lIKe tHAt son of a BiTCh pRevENtED mE fRom dOWnLOaDinG IT bUt i gOt iT wOrkiNG AnD LeMmE tELl yOu It is The BEsT tHIng On THe inTernEt siNCE sLiCed BrEaD HahaHaa

29 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Now that's a script I want to fuck with some people.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm in the same boat as you. Mainly I get it on the back of my shoulders but it slowed down a ton last year. 

Also https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B65vIOrvTeSsM3ZKZWhjNVYxTm8

i used to have acne on my shoulders too, but i think i cleared it all now that i started washing my back. i think it was just not clean every time i shower and i don't soap it down was the reason i got shoulder acne.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Now that's a script I want to fuck with some people.

i KnOw RiGhT, iSN'T it greAt? FUNny tHiNg IS yOu sTarT typInG FOR a Second ANd tHinK It's Ok, THeN YOU SeE tHe fIrsT cAPItaL LetTEr ThEn aLl hElL BreAks loOsE

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i used to have acne on my shoulders too, but i think i cleared it all now that i started washing my back. i think it was just not clean every time i shower and i don't soap it down was the reason i got shoulder acne.

search for "30 year old cyst pop" on the internet if you want to be grossed out, it's on the guys back and yeah... 

I would post the video here but then everyone would kill me

bah, here's a spolier seriously I do not want anyone to be scarred for life so only open this if medical stuff doesn't bother you:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

search for "30 year old cyst pop" on the internet if you want to be grossed out, it's on the guys back and yeah... 

I would post the video here but then everyone would kill me

oh just just the name makes me cringe hard.

I seem to have the issue when we have the cheap body wash instead of the Old Spice whatever. I think its just hand soap instead of actual 'body wash'

i don't think my body cares what body soap i use, since i use expensive and cheap soaps and i rarely have bacne. it's when i don't wash my body that i develop acne. but my face acne is an issue because i normally don't have the habit of washing it with soap daily, and i think it's just dry.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

NO. 

I wish I had never seen it tbh... it's gross. everytime I hear someone talk about acne I remember it

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

The intake runners go bad? lol how so?

Gotcha. I may have to check out a manual one then, if I can find one that is.

Come up to washington, you can drive mine lol. I do wana drive a 2nd gen speed3 to compare as well. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

@vetali wanted to share this with you because it's new to me; is it normal for fuel trims to go crazy negative when you let off the throttle? Because in our suburban they do...

recorded a session with the short term/long term fuel trimmed graphed over 60 seconds of city driving, notice the fall off when the throttle is let go, the graph itself is sitting idle, speeding up and driving for a bit, then coasting to a stop. also had a screenshot of dash command taken when coasting

image.png

image.png

I was was orignally checking for oddly positive fuel trims to see if the long start issue could be fuel pump related, but they stayed negative for the most part. Quite interesting.

the short term doesn't do much, but that long term goes crazy negative.

Spoiler

I was my face every night with a soapy washcloth. Thats handles 90% of it. Its just more of an issue because you rest with your hand on your face. 

Although we got this REALLY awesome soap i think its called Kukrí Oil or something, and its AMAZING

ok i think there might be another reason why i got face acne. it just might be my pillow, because it mostly contacts my forehead, nose and left and right cheeks, depending on which side i sleep on.

and where do you get that stuff? it better not be some specialty store which makes it like 8 or 9 bucks a bar or bottle, whichever form it comes in.

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

@vetali wanted to share this with you because it's new to me; is it normal for fuel trims to go crazy negative when you let off the throttle? Because in our suburban they do...

recorded a session with the short term/long term fuel trimmed graphed over 60 seconds of city driving, notice the fall off when the throttle is let go, also had a screenshot of dash command taken when coasting

image.png

image.png

Are they fine at idle? Also that graph is really confusing me. The Y axis scale changes from left to right.