Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

About time

Screenshot_20170103-153056.png

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

found 'em. Also, GG Droid Turbo Autofocus...

IMG_20170103_141443377.jpg

My NASCAR collection

Spoiler

IMG_20170103_141830822.jpg

IMG_20170103_141814533.jpg

1/43 Scale

Spoiler

IMG_20170103_141553880.jpg

IMG_20170103_141609452.jpg

IMG_20170103_141617540.jpg

IMG_20170103_141651458.jpg

IMG_20170103_141703039.jpg

1/50 Scale HotWheels (I had a lot more but I gave them to my little brothers)

Spoiler

IMG_20170103_142027211.jpgIMG_20170103_142039460.jpgIMG_20170103_142044516.jpg

IMG_20170103_141556983.jpg

IMG_20170103_141906774.jpg

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

TBH you have a better chance of finding it yourself in California, than I do even seeing one in Canada. It took months for the Fairlady 2000s to show up here after the US got it at launch. Plus you have more options to scout beyond just Walmart and TRU. K-Mart is a big player in the diecast game down there.

yeah except the nearest kmart for me is like 59 miles away.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

yeah except the nearest kmart for me is like 59 miles away.

Does Walmart not exist near you?

2 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

my generation of accord came out in 2003. :P

and the celica GT-S with a 6-speed came out in 2000.

Hang on a second... What's the top speed in your accord? Can you only hit top speed in 5th?? because if so, that's hilarious

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Guise; I present to you the 2020 Ford Mustang HYBRID

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1108113_a-ford-mustang-hybrid-is-coming-by-2020-and-it-may-be-powerful?ee

the future is very sad...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1108113_a-ford-mustang-hybrid-is-coming-by-2020-and-it-may-be-powerful?ee

I'm thinking mini-Porsche 918 just so I don't get too sad.

17 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Does Walmart not exist near you?

of course, there are like 3, but i hate walmart.

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i mean i'm not crazy over the mustang, i do like it though, and this just seems very bleak for gearheads who always loved all gasoline cars. if this is future that is coming to us, this is a future i'm not willing to live in.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

But Hot Wheels compel you.

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Everyone hates Walmart. 'Tis a fact of life. Sometimes you just have to go there tho...

heres a tip: use the automotive entrance at the back/side of the store for quick in/out runs. No one ever thinks to go there. 

Spoiler

Everyone hates Walmart. 'Tis a fact of life. Sometimes you just have to go there tho..

When they have Arizona tea on sale I'm a real sucker for showing up.

So I decided to try ACDelco rotors over the centric premiums. 

Looked great (still do)

but i opened up the first rotor and it has rust spots on it... Just on the surface so it's not a big deal, will probably go away at the first dab of brakes but I expect better lol

image.jpg

Spoiler

So I decided to try ACDelco rotors over the centric premiums. 

Looked great (still do)

but i opened up the first rotor and it has rust spots on it...

That looks more like an oil/grease stain on it than rust?

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Everyone hates Walmart. 'Tis a fact of life. Sometimes you just have to go there tho...

heres a tip: use the automotive entrance at the back/side of the store for quick in/out runs. No one ever thinks to go there. 

i'd much rather shop at target for everything, from food to personal healthcare products to even auto parts, but the thing is, EVERYTHING AT TARGET IS SO DAMN EXPENSIVE, even for central california standards. it seems like im forced to shop at walmart over target. but the service just feels like shite.

and what do you mean automotive entrance? like where shit is received? or like the actual automotive service entrance? because my walmart stores don't have those over here.

i'd much rather shop at target for everything, from food to personal healthcare products to even auto parts, but the thing is, EVERYTHING AT TARGET IS SO DAMN EXPENSIVE, even for central california standards. it seems like im forced to shop at walmart over target. but the service just feels like shite.

and what do you mean automotive entrance? like where shit is received? or like the actual automotive service entrance? because my walmart stores don't have those over here.

I agree, Target > Walmart, but Target is actually pretty competitive price wise here, which makes me happy.

oil2.jpg

holy shit, if some asshole tbones our minivan, anybody on the hit side is pretty much a goner (aka me)

This is just because I am curious. What is your favorite car? I am followed to the thread, so I will see it. Thanks!

I will start. '65 Mustang.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

1 minute ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

This is just because I am curious. What is your favorite car? I am followed to the thread, so I will see it. Thanks!

I will start. '65 Mustang.

I think we had a bit about that in this thread around page 200 or so.

I like ~'68 Mustangs. :)

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I agree, Target > Walmart, but Target is actually pretty competitive price wise here, which makes me happy.

oil2.jpg

Too bad all the targets in Canada closed down, so we're stuck with Walmart. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

RIP

i got a question, again relating to clay barring a car. is it ok to still clay bar a car, even if it hasn't been washed and looks stupid dirty? because i got nothing to do so i was wondering if i can clay bar even when i haven't washed the van, so i can clay bar that and use my time.

i got a question, again relating to clay barring a car. is it ok to still clay bar a car, even if it hasn't been washed and looks stupid dirty? because i got nothing to do so i was wondering if i can clay bar even when i haven't washed the van, so i can clay bar that and use my time.

I think you might end up causing more micro-scratches in the clear coat than if you had washed it. Then again, I've only clay barred a car after washing it.

9 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

oil2.jpg

target's prices are completely jacked up here. a 500ml bottle of crest3d mouthwash at walmart costs only 3.97 a bottle, but at target, the same exact bottle costs 7. what the hell. and it's the same with toilet paper. 12 rolls of charmin ultra strong is 8.97 at walmart, compared to 13.97 at target.

4 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

wait, but why?

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I think you might end up causing more micro-scratches in the clear coat than if you had washed it. Then again, I've only clay barred a car after washing it.

ugh shit.

16 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That looks more like an oil/grease stain on it than rust?

oh. didn't realize the oil could stain it. I first thought it was just oil that had pooled up but then I tried moving my finger over it and it didn't move so i didn't know what it was. Assumed rust because "hurry" lol

Spoiler

oh. didn't realize the oil could stain it. I first thought it was just oil that had pooled up but then I tried moving my finger over it and it didn't move so i didn't know what it was. Assumed rust because "hurry" lol

Well you can always use something like brake clean and try to get it off. Even if it is rust it shouldn't hurt the brakes, it'll just get worn off because of use.