Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 hours ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Hi Guys! 

Is there anyway tips to save petrol whilst driving? I am a new driver and the cost of petrol here £1.10 per Litre, and its hurting my bank balence 

hypermiling. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

7 hours ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Hi Guys! 

Is there anyway tips to save petrol whilst driving? I am a new driver and the cost of petrol here £1.10 per Litre, and its hurting my bank balence 

coast in gear when approaching stops. coast as much as you can. That alone will save you quite a bit. 

"drive like you have no brakes" is a good way to put it. get off the accelerator early and only use the brakes when you have to.

the heavier the car, the earlier you'll be able to get off the accelerator.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

20 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

OMG thank you!! Awesome!

Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the ‘transcendent’ and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don’t be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.

24 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

uhhmmm.... is this content thats allowed on here? :ph34r:

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

uhhmmm.... is this content thats allowed on here? :ph34r:

Did you watch it lol? It's fine.

Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the ‘transcendent’ and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don’t be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.

41 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

coast in gear when approaching stops. coast as much as you can. That alone will save you quite a bit. 

"drive like you have no brakes" is a good way to put it. get off the accelerator early and only use the brakes when you have to.

the heavier the car, the earlier you'll be able to get off the accelerator.

draft behind semis as much as possible, replace windshield every month. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

15 minutes ago, vetali said:

draft behind semis as much as possible, replace windshield every month. 

i think drafting behind semis is very dangerous. they probably wouldn't know they're behind you and they might pull some sneaky shit. and how does replacing a windshield help with hypermiling?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Drafting is an absolutely awful idea, under all circumstances. It's also illegal nearly everywhere. I learned the hard way..

18 minutes ago, Abakan said:

Did you watch it lol? It's fine.

yes .. yes i watched it .... 

40c435d24fa015d5a1af46c803fcc957.jpg 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

:D

HELP !

I need someone to de-sell me this car,it looks way too good to be true..

2010 MKZ 127k kms, 8000$ cad

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ville-de-montreal/lincoln-mkz-2010-awd-cuir-mags-toit-121000km/1224631220?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

5 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

HELP !

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ville-de-montreal/lincoln-mkz-2010-awd-cuir-mags-toit-121000km/1224631220?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

really, the fact that it's a wimpy automatic, plus the looks just absolutely turn me off. i think it looks stupid hideous.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

11 minutes ago, terrytek said:

really, the fact that it's a wimpy automatic, plus the looks just absolutely turn me off. i think it looks stupid hideous.

I like the looks, but it's one of the cheapest AWD sedans with a decent interior. 

Compared to the 13k lancer ralliart...

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

8 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

I like the looks, but it's one of the cheapest AWD sedans with a decent interior. 

Compared to the 13k lancer ralliart...

i'd still take the lancer over this if it's got a manual.

28 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Some auto's aren't wimpy, mine runs low 12's.

34 minutes ago, Abakan said:

Some auto's aren't wimpy, mine runs low 12's.

Cool. Still like/prefer my manual :P

but it yeah there are good automatics and terrible ones. Most of the old ones are pretty bad... Newer ones tend to be a bit better, especially on higher end cars. Like my dads ZF 8 speed

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

53 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i'd still take the lancer over this if it's got a manual.

dual transmition. but Im an automatic guy, I preffer not bothering and being relax (I also usually have breakfast in my car so I can't do too much at once xD)

also + 5k on budget, nah thats not happening

13 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

but it yeah there are good automatics and terrible ones. Most of the old ones are pretty bad... Newer ones tend to be a bit better, especially on higher end cars. Like my dads ZF 8 speed

yeah i think transmissions aren't toyota's strong suit, especially on econoboxes. my corolla is a 2010 model, yet they're still stuck using a freaking 4 speed auto. the least they could do was add another gear?

2 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

dual transmition. but Im an automatic guy, I preffer not bothering and being relax (I also usually have breakfast in my car so I can't do too much at once xD)

also + 5k on budget, nah thats not happening

well then that's what should convince you NOT to buy the lincoln. moolah is tight.

9 hours ago, vetali said:

Ehh hard to say without physically feeling them myself. Kinda looks like early cracks along the vents. 

Welp. We'll be finding out soon enough this year I think. Then the question would become, get really nice rotors when I need to or just go with generic stuff..

3 hours ago, Abakan said:

Oh the joys of Northeast winter with no garage or off street parking. :)  ...yup the inspection ran out in August. It doesn't get driven often, though it is going in the shop Friday for some work and inspection. Fully street legal.

Yay! More people with SN-95s. :D

1 hour ago, givingtnt said:

HELP !

My family had either a '09 or '10 MKZ, holy shit that was a nice car for the money.

37 minutes ago, terrytek said:

yeah i think transmissions aren't toyota's strong suit, especially on econoboxes. my corolla is a 2010 model, yet they're still stuck using a freaking 4 speed auto. the least they could do was add another gear?

well then that's what should convince you NOT to buy the lincoln. moolah is tight.

What's wrong with a 4 speed?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

58 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I will almost always prefer a manual, but I agree, it depends. There is a huge variety of auto's now days.

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

I mean, I like to not bother with the transmition. the car size is fine, coming from a suziki aerio

edit : transmition Is a 6 gear

better than my current 4 gear transmition on the aerio xD

9 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

I mean, I like to not bother with the transmition. the car size is fine, coming from a suziki aerio

and the transmition is a 5 gear (or 6 idk)

better than my current 4 gear transmition on the aerio xD

It's a 6 speed.