Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@Strando123 here's a quad turbo 4-cylinder

Would this be better at eliminering turbo lag?

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

15 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Most people just follow the label for the engine. A 10w-30 is just a little better for very warm climates... Since the oil will be at a higher temp to start with, and some 5w's get almost too thin in very hot weather. But honestly the 5w is fine.

im weird, I like to experiment with different oil weights. But so far in the majority of engines, and a lot of online analyses confirm this, there's just something about Mobil 1 0w-40 (the "euro" one) that is just amazing in engines rated for 5w-30... Like every wear test I see it does amazing in... And cars just seem to flat-out run better/smoother with it. 

No one really listens to me when I talk about it though, I didn't intend for it to be my favorite but I guess it's come to that. I run it in my Miata  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

bad idea to run that in the accord which recommends 5w-20?

7 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

MR2 or RX7? IDK

he's done all 3 generations of the mr2, so that doesn't make sense. 

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

One last before and after for now. Chrome is overrated anyway 

20160919_191336.jpg

20161023_122433.jpg

it looks soooooooo much better!

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

14 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

IDK then.

I don't know all of his reviews...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

4 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

IDK then.

I don't know all of his reviews...

CRX

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Such a disappointment for Verstappen after such a witty reply about not finishing fourth. :(

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

This happened:

67546090.jpg

Was on the highway with mom in the ae86, went to pass someone, downshifted and STOMPED on the throttle, got a good yelling after that.... Aparently she dosent like the trumpeted 4age screaming down the highway...

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Such a disappointment for Verstappen after such a witty reply about not finishing fourth. :(

rip verstappen's car.

that pit stop too... lol. no one was ready

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

rip verstappen's car.

that pit stop too... lol. no one was ready

Wouldn't have been the first time. Better 1/3 through a race than 90% of the way like Riccardo in Monaco.

Folding@Home | BOINC

so i just changed the oil and the spark plugs on the corolla now that it's hit 100k miles (actually, it hit it last week but i didn't get any interaction). and my god, were the plugs burnt. i was surprised the car ran that long with such burnt plugs. and also we don't have a spark plug socket that fits the plug (since it's much smaller than what we're used to) so we just used a normal 14mm deep socket and used the coil to get it out (i like how it's a coil per plug system).

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

DAMMIT FERRARI. CANT EVEN BLAME YOUR STRATEGY BECAUSE IT WAS SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THIS TIME.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just now, chaozbandit said:

DAMMIT FERRARI. CANT EVEN BLAME YOUR STRATEGY BECAUSE IT WAS SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THIS TIME.

im still trying to figure out what happened.... the pit stop looked fine to me?

I doubt they'll admit it, but I think they made him stop for no reason -_-

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

such a nice skyline r34, IN AMERICA.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

im still trying to figure out what happened.... the pit stop looked fine to me?

I doubt they'll admit it, but I think they made him stop for no reason -_-

Right rear jack man wasnt fully clear of the car yet. He was attempting to retighten the nut when Kimi took off; rim touched the gun and sparks flew.

Grounds for Charlie to slap them with an unsafe release fine.

Dammit, Kimi was doing well too.

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

such a nice skyline r34, IN AMERICA.

It's not a US registered car. The plate is from British Columbia, Canada.

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

It's not a US registered car. The plate is from British Columbia, Canada.

#facepalm but idk why he's driving around socal when it's registered in canada.

very small spoiler for mafia 3. (it wont effect the story at all) but it is just kind of a amusing situation 

Spoiler

I am supposed to kill a guy that loves cars and his name is pagani :S wonder if it was done on purpose 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

3 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

very small spoiler for mafia 3. (it wont effect the story at all) but it is just kind of a amusing situation 

Hide contents

I am supposed to kill a guy that loves cars and his name is pagani :S wonder if it was done on purpose 

Holy shit! Is mafia out already!? 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

5 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

Hide contents

Must be so painfull for you, here to relieve the pain:

maxresdefault (1).jpg

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Whoa you are old, mafia came out in 2002....

/S

Mafia 3 came out the 7th october.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

theslaptrain has gotten to 7 parts already of it (those 7 parts being 25 or so minutes long). so it's been out for a couple weeks.

Just now, terrytek said:

theslaptrain has gotten to 7 parts already of it (those 7 parts being 25 or so minutes long). so it's been out for a couple weeks.

Read my post

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

4 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Whoa you are old, mafia came out in 2002....

/S

Mafia 3 came out the 7th october.

isn't it locked to 30fps though on pc?

Spoiler

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

bad idea to run that in the accord which recommends 5w-20?

it looks soooooooo much better!

I liked it before, but it looks meaner now IMO which I am super happy about 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

isn't it locked to 30fps though on pc?

Idk

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

ALON5O!!

Man that last lap battle was amazing. Genuinely happy to hear him cheer on the radio afterwards.

Folding@Home | BOINC