Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Perhaps like the ones @techswede has I his camaro

I found them on ebay for $25 for a pair shipped. Gonna call the local junkyard to see if they have any early gen 9-5s / 9-3s I can rip some indicators off of

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Perhaps like the ones @techswede has I his camaro

I kind of want the amber ones xD 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Maybe you guys could trade 

Its better to just get new ones. Shipping would probably cost  the same as a set of new ones.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Got the plastics on my car mostly detailed. I hate this grille so much lol. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

9 minutes ago, techswede said:

Its better to just get new ones. Shipping would probably cost  the same as a set of new ones.

That's what I was thinking

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I changed the tyres on my mum's car to winter ones.

All the petrol stations either have broken or shit compressors for filling the tyres up.

Would be nice to have one of my own.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

2 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

I changed the tyres on my mum's car to winter ones.

All the petrol stations either have broken or shit compressors for filling the tyres up.

Would be nice to have one of my own.

Harbor freight and craigslist are a budget job's best friend

19 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Harbor freight and craigslist are a budget job's best friend

Too bad those things are across the pond. 

Our equivalent would probably be Biltema. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

18 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Too bad those things are across the pond. 

Our equivalent would probably be Biltema. 

For some reason I thought you were in the US, my bad

How have I never seen this video?

Hey all! F1 is about to start.

Sky Sports F1 HD 720p/50fps.
Webstreams:
http://138.68.131.170/hls/live.m3u8
Acestreams:
Ace: 251913fa2fc4b427846ecffb5c8955a6d5510803 (6000kbps)
Ace: 550500265c0821f5ec7497f40e08311b9d071f02 (3000kbps)
Ace: 7731b3b4282bfc41a9787b97846e819a36222727 (1200kbps)
Donations: https://www.twitchalerts.com/donate/hennogarvie
Twitch chat: https://www.twitch.tv/hennogarvie/chat

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/58zx90/2016_united_states_grand_prix_race_discussion/

@MEC-777 @bcredeur97

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Zero F*cks Given RX7 mentioned in a LTT video. Hmm

14 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I am trying to watch it using your first link with VLC but it is lagging quite a lot. What are the Ace streams? Can I watch it somewhere else?

1 minute ago, theninja35 said:

I am trying to watch it using your first link with VLC but it is lagging quite a lot. What are the Ace streams? Can I watch it somewhere else?

Ace Player is based on VLC but its a dedicated streaming platform. Much smoother FPS but depends on your bandwidth and streaming rate. Im watching TV quality at 6000kbps.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

15 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Zero F*cks Given RX7 mentioned in a LTT video. Hmm

Gotta love that one of the first comments is

"that car is stupid and dangerous to be on the road, don't use that as inspiration."

4 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Ace Player is based on VLC but its a dedicated streaming platform. Much smoother FPS but depends on your bandwidth and streaming rate. Im watching TV quality at 6000kbps.

Thanks to your link I just learned about AceStream and ill probably be using this a lot now... xD

Wow the quality is soooo good! 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Here is an interesting idea: take a dohc v6 and put six small turbos on it.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

8 minutes ago, techswede said:

Gotta love that one of the first comments is

"that car is stupid and dangerous to be on the road, don't use that as inspiration."

Naturally 

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

Here is an interesting idea: take a dohc v6 and put six small turbos on it.

that's a lot of plumbing... 

great idea but it'll take up way too much engine bay space, you'd need a huge car to do it...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@Strando123 here's a quad turbo 4-cylinder

694036d1357758984-interesting-quad-turbo

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@Strando123 here's a quad turbo 4-cylinder

6c60e60d8c3a7206601cadd0c0d7fb9f.jpg

One last before and after for now. Chrome is overrated anyway 

20160919_191336.jpg

20161023_122433.jpg

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

One last before and after for now. Chrome is overrated anyway 

Tbh, its more sleeper without chrome because it looks like a lower spec car.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600