Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

What do you guys think it could be?

Ae86?

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

7 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

MR2 or RX7? IDK

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

41 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Nice sticker you got there mate xD

I need to get one of those lol

22 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

could it be a Lotus of some sorts? i honestly have no idea xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

34 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

He's already done the MR2, so maybe a CRX or a Fiero?

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

man idk why, but youtube's been acting fuckey on embeds lately for me.

also there seems to be a massive memory leak on this page specifically. after about 5 minutes, about 600mb of ram has been used, or hogged i should say.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

man i lightweight wanna do this bad.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

10 hours ago, terrytek said:

still upset i wasn't the one that started this thread. even though i explicitly stated, before this thread existed, that i was gonna start it.

If you subscribe to the multiverse theory then you already started the thread and it has both failed and succeeded. 

ixbRkKq.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

If you subscribe to the multiverse theory then you already started the thread and it has both failed and succeeded. 

ixbRkKq.jpg

To me it looks like a phone with a big ass speaker. :ph34r:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

7 minutes ago, techswede said:

ixbRkKq.jpg

a tiny ass turbo with a long ass intake tube thing? 

or an upside down snail? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

7 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

To me it looks like a phone with a big ass speaker. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

a tiny ass turbo with a long ass intake tube thing? 

or an upside down snail? 

To me it looks like

kevin-hart-long-d-o.gif

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

To me it looks like

well ... i dont judge :P 

Even more unrelated but doctor strange looks like it'll be a really good movie

Here we go

Snapchat-859233363.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Hey, that's no that bad

20161023_122444.jpg

20161023_122433.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Normally I prefer the chrome grilles but on the darker colors, I like this better. Turned out good!

I'm not big on chrome on cars post 1990, some cars afterwards can pull it off but I prefer chrome on older cars

Gonna go to my grandparents in a few days to do an oil change and coolant flush and change, going over there because my grandfather loves any excuse to wrench on a car and they haven't seen it quite yet, This will be fun

19 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Hey, that's no that bad

20161023_122444.jpg

20161023_122433.jpg

i still think you should do something with your lights, because tbh they do look quite ugly. and maybe do led taillights if they have them?

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i still think you should do something with your lights, because tbh they do look quite ugly. and maybe do led taillights if they have them?

Headlights need to be cleaned up a bit, gonna do yellow film on the foglights. I do like how the headlights look style wise, they just need a little TLC

I like the stock tails quite a bit. Debating on debadging or blacking out the rear badges. Not 100% on that yet though

1 hour ago, techswede said:

Even more unrelated but doctor strange looks like it'll be a really good movie

Having just finished Agent Carter and caught on Agents of Shield, I too am excited for Doctor Strange. The hunt for the Darkhold / zero energy (matter) is most intriguing. 

Also leaving this here just cause.

And for @MEC-777 imagine how awesome it would be if they put this on the inside of T1 at COTA.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I like the yellow fogs idea. Only thing I would do other than that would be clear turn signals on the sides. 

I was thinking about that if I can find some at a junkyard

I really liked the amber ones when the wheels and grill were still chrome but with everything blacked out it doesn't quite fit. Maybe if I found some darkened ones?

Mmmmmmmmmmm