Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yup, you can thank GM for that one. :P

Could be worse. Could've been a subaru xD (Or 300zx TT)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

Could be worse. Could've been a subaru xD (Or 300zx TT)

Yeah..

I'm just waiting until I need to change the plugs in the truck. That'll be fun. Can't reach over the top, need to remove shit from the bottom.

Wooh.

I think i am to picky, I cant seem to find a car that i really love and is for sale. anyone have any car suggestions i should look into.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah..

I'm just waiting until I need to change the plugs in the truck. That'll be fun. Can't reach over the top, need to remove shit from the bottom.

Wooh.

Really missing my nissan truck right now. I changed the oil and the filter in that thing. Thats it. 

Barely had to give a shit and it ran like a champ.

Got a call from my mom an hour ago. Golf is making expensive noises now too..

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

Really missing my nissan truck right now. I changed the oil and the filter in that thing. Thats it. 

Rip golf.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Just ordered some everyday tires.

Went with the Sumitomo HTR A/S P02's.*shrug*

Can't wait to put them on and have a car that drives straight on the stock wheels. Im driving on my autocross tires right now because I don't want to put the others on lol. I will before I go get them replaced (because I have no place to put them) but until then... nope.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

20 minutes ago, techswede said:

What model was the truck. I haven't seen many Nissan trucks around here 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

3 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

What model was the truck. I haven't seen many Nissan trucks around here 

Old D21 Nissan Navara King Cab. (Or as the americans call it a "Hardbody") 

n6OQ56V.jpg

1 hour ago, Cazual-T said:

1991 Ferrari F40. Noice and what a coincidence.

Its the one from Bingo Sports. Imported from Japan to Canada a few months ago.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

When you're driving along and you hear an odd noise

34K4bWt.gif

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Old D21 Nissan Navara King Cab. (Or as the americans call it a "Hardbody") 

never heard that. As opposed to a "softbody" ? lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

never heard that. As opposed to a "softbody" ? lol

The first pickup ever made out of packing peanuts and glue

1 minute ago, techswede said:

The first pickup ever made out of packing peanuts and glue

car_logo_PNG1658.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

'Whats faster, a plastic container or a laptop?' lel

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

33 minutes ago, techswede said:

-snip-

lol...yet people freak out about three pedals on the floor and a gear knob sticking out of the center console these days.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

lol...yet people freak out about three pedals on the floor and a gear knob sticking out of the center console these days.

'How do you use this when you only have 2 feet'

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Someone owns a Saab now, a Saab with a dead battery, any suggestion son a battery for a 2000 saab 9-5? Reverse lights stick on so gotta fix the reverse relay as well but for 2400 it was well worth the investment 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777 @bcredeur97

Those tires tho

-snip-

There was one at AutoX yesterday.. heres a pic:

focus rs autox.jpg

Those things are quick. Everyone he was competing against hated him lol

One guy who always wins his class in a mazdaspeed3 said that was his next car after seeing the matching times and he was on better tires, and had modifications. The RS was stock.

So yeah... great AutoX car thats for sure.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah. Seems like i managed to push a coworker towards getting a manual+auto license instead of just the auto one. :)

But the Model T is just odd

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Someone owns a Saab now, a Saab with a dead battery, any suggestion son a battery for a 2000 saab 9-5? Reverse lights stick on so gotta fix the reverse relay as well but for 2400 it was well worth the investment 

The battery should just be your garden variety optima or somesuch. 

How scratched up is the steering column on the "key" side? xD