Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, Maybach123 said:

camo, it makes cameras have a hard time trying to focus on the subject and it also distorts the shape of the car to a human eye to hide minor features. There is a whole art around prototype car camo. 

This is also known as 'Dazzle Camo'. Was used quite a bit during the early-mid 20th century, mainly with ships. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

Example:

1920px-EB1922_Camouflage_Periscope_View.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

The VIN is the number used on the registration to show you own the car. So the plate can apperently be run for free now. 

So plate>vin>person who legally owns the vehicle. What site did you plug that into?

Just searching Lisence plate lookup oregon on google and the first couple results all show the vin and other important info such as owner, History of car etc

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

5 minutes ago, Admiral Naismith said:

@Wedsea040

This is also known as 'Dazzle Camo'. Was used quite a bit during the early-mid 20th century, mainly with ships. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

Example:

I love dazzle camo on aircrafts. One of my favorite examples is in the Smithsonian. 

edit: wait now i remember this is lozenge camo my bad 

ww1-flying-circus-fokker.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

fh3 hype:

(this is the song that is playing in the radio when you take controll of the trophy truck)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Huh. OK that's a lot less creepy that I first thought. Just like the vin lookup websites. Most only show what options the vehicles are equipped. GG. I'll put my tinfoil hat away now.

be carefull though, Just with that license plate I got full info of car, history, and can very easily get your full name / and some sort of ID registered with the license plate.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

5 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

I love dazzle camo on aircrafts. One of my favorite examples is in the Smithsonian. 

edit: wait now i remember this is lozenge camo my bad 

didnt they use dazzle camo on ships too?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Just now, Strando123 said:

didnt they use dazzle camo on ships too?

yes it was primarily used on ships

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Pretty sure its just history that has been reported to the sight. This vehicle has been in an accident before and the sight didn't report it. And it wasn't a hit and run because my grandma and one other old lady backed into each other at the post office, and both of their insurances went up. ;)

i wish what happened to starlet was just a small ding like that, i like the dart and i love the feeling that "if i push the pedal to the metal i can vaporize my tyres" but still, it isnt the grippy little racecar/slightly sleeper that the starlet was.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Pretty sure its just history that has been reported to the site. This vehicle has been in an accident before and the sight didn't report it. And it wasn't a hit and run because my grandma and one other old lady backed into each other at the post office, and both of their insurances went up. ;)

And from some googling, it was ruled that reporting who owns a vehicle isn't legal, now I'm sure there are some that will through some legal permits, but I'd almost bet that you'd have to pay for it.

Yeah all the owner name options had to be payed for, I mean tbh you can see where someone lives with a simple link or whith theyre email. The internet is scary xD anyways Im to old to be raped or kidnaped so im not worried about that.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Those dings on the rear fender are actually from a picket fence at my grandmas house. She tagged it the day after she had it put in. xD and that dent in the front bumper is from the hand rail in her garage. Nothing major though. Stuff holds up a lot better when its not plastic. Though it can be a lot more expensive to replace. :/

NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

lol

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Those dings on the rear fender are actually from a picket fence at my grandmas house. She tagged it the day after she had it put in. xD and that dent in the front bumper is from the hand rail in her garage. Nothing major though. Stuff holds up a lot better when its not plastic. Though it can be a lot more expensive to replace. :/

NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

yup, although, i couldnnt be more happy with my new car, it is WAY more comfortable than the starlet.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Everyone that's going to be playing Forza make sure to sign up for Forza Rewards, just a google search will help you find it

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Everyone that's going to be playing Forza make sure to sign up for Forza Rewards, just a google search will help you find it

the forza hub thing? i have had that on my pc since the day i pre-ordered fh3.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, Strando123 said:

the forza hub thing? i have had that on my pc since the day i pre-ordered fh3.

https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/

Different thing, not sure if this link will work tho

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

9 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/

Different thing, not sure if this link will work tho

Thanks for reminding me

f2b5aaa4414730a71203129dba93d4d7.png

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Thanks for reminding me

f2b5aaa4414730a71203129dba93d4d7.png

Jesus...

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Jesus...

I started out forza 6 with just over 35 million

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

I started out forza 6 with just over 35 million

I wish I had access to my old Live account, played every Forza game up to 5 on that, but I can't figure out the info for it again for the life of me, I'd have so many rewards to collect

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Thanks for reminding me

last ned.jpg

i cant sign up for rewards :(

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

I wish I had access to my old Live account, played every Forza game up to 5 on that, but I can't figure out the info for it again for the life of me, I'd have so many rewards to collect

Its only one bunch of rewards a week iirc, and they dont stack

who else are going to have a maloo with ALL the power upgrades but no suspension in fh3 just because it is in australia?

(i need atleast one car to do huge ass fucking burnouts because that is what australia does)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

Having to use my slow ass laptops just to print off something. one of which takes longer to open chrome than my pc does to turn on and do what i need to be doing atm