Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm sticking with Geico, they haven't been dicks to us.

yeah geico might work too, but idk.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

@AlwaysFSX thought you'd like to know that the last little while been remarathoning that 70s show as of late. Girlfriend has never seen past season 2 or 3 before. She's been so confused with some of the ways it's thrown curveballs

That show is awesome. :D What does she think about it?

Just now, terrytek said:

yeah geico might work too, but idk.

Doesn't hurt to look at this point, lol.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

dafuq, even if i was an occasional driver i'd still be over 4 grand per 6 months.

what the fuck.... i'm almost considering switching insurance companies. AAA doesn't seem to be teen friendly. nationwide seems kinda enticing, maybe liberty mutual?

Give progressive or geico a shot maybe. That's who all my friends are through 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm sticking with Geico, they haven't been dicks to us.

amcar insurance for me, they are the cheapest when it comes to classics/modified classics.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

4 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

If you know any local scrapyards , or a bike service shop , you can look around for used dirtbike engines ... Has the clutch / gearbox all in one , and usually with alot more power than one of those industrial engines .. 

4 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

If you know any local scrapyards , or a bike service shop , you can look around for used dirtbike engines ... Has the clutch / gearbox all in one , and usually with alot more power than one of those industrial engines .. 

yeah I have looked around  some scrapyards but could only find car engines, I dont know of any bike repair stores in my area but I have already talked with most of the gardening stores in the area and they will give me an engine as soon as they can (mower engine). Im also considering a cheap gx 160 knockoff

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

She's always loved it but before she moved in she didn't have Netflix, she loves it even more now 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, Strando123 said:

amcar insurance for me, they are the cheapest when it comes to classics/modified classics.

I've never heard of them so I assume they don't exist over here.

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

She's always loved it but before she moved in she didn't have Netflix, she loves it even more now 

Woohoo! xD

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I've never heard of them so I assume they don't exist over here.

nah, its a thing because theres a political party dedicated to classic cars here (not actually a political party but whenever a car related law is up for discussion the amcar dudes are like HEY DOES THAT LIMIT OUR MURICANESS? F*CK THAT, PROTEST, PROTEST,PROTEST, PROTEST,PROTEST, PROTEST,PROTEST, PROTEST,PROTEST, PROTEST! and then the law gets altered/removed)

ps: these guys had to fight for the legality of dragracing because drag fuel could be used for bombs.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, Julian5 said:

yeah I have looked around  some scrapyards but could only find car engines, I dont know of any bike repair stores in my area but I have already talked with most of the gardening stores in the area and they will give me an engine as soon as they can (mower engine). Im also considering a cheap gx 160 knockoff

Too bad man , tho if you are just gonna ride around a gx160 should be enough , tho you are probably going to end up with a high gear ratio ( 7:1 + ) , depending on the tire size and overall weight . Additionally , you can remove the governor , for more fun 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

image.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

39 minutes ago, terrytek said:

so it seems like i won't drive for a LONG time. under my parents' insurance, for them only, it's 2 grand total, but when they add me on, it's 5 FUCKING GRAND. what the fuck.

yikes. I have no idea what my parents was but i am pretty sure it wasn't that high when i was driving under there insurance.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

yikes. I have no idea what my parents was but i am pretty sure it wasn't that high when i was driving under there insurance.

i think a final resort is to just switch insurance companies. i mean, even working part time and pitching in some of my pay towards the bill won't be enough.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

14 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Watched the episode where your gif came from lately she was cracking up 

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Watched the episode where your gif came from lately she was cracking up 

Hah :D

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Went for a drive today because it's foggy and beautiful on the coast. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

lisence plate? I like that car tho

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

snip sorry

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

is this actually a good deal at all http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/5786937533.html

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I've been trying to hide it but I've posted so many pictures on this forum with that blasted front plate that I decided I didn't care that much anymore. Every time I wash the truck I don't scrub the plate so I'm hopeing eventually It gets covered with bugs and I'll not have to worry about it. I do want to make a little mount thing and take it off though and move it to above the dashboard. Or just hit something just enough to crack the lower plastic and I'll just chuck it in the bed because "it fell off" like my dad did. Someone backed into him about 8 years ago and his mount on his f150 broke. So for 8 years hes had a fallen off plate and has never had any issues with it. I kind of want to do the same thing.

Its amazing how much info you can get out of a license plate though, 

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah I didn't know it was assembled in the states. Generally we can post plates here and not have to worry about people looking them up though. Like @MEC-777 has posted plates of his golf but generally people don't actually go to the trouble of looking them up and then posting the VIN.

No biggie.

Yeah sorry, i dont even know what vin is and I was just wondering what info you could get off some stupid website lookup.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah I didn't know it was assembled in the states. Generally we can post plates here and not have to worry about people looking them up though. Like @MEC-777 has posted plates of his golf but generally people don't actually go to the trouble of looking them up and then posting the VIN.

No biggie.

yeah but i made a huge mistake one time. i posted a picture of me with the corolla when i passed my driver's test, but left the license plate exposed, and i posted it on social media. and a month or so later, i was greeted by the SS and now they have records of the corolla and now it's kinda nerveracking knowing they're watching the car now. i have since deleted the photo, but still.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

The VIN is the number used on the registration to show you own the car. So the plate can apperently be run for free now. 

So plate>vin>person who legally owns the vehicle. What site did you plug that into?

I am curious what site as well as it might help me find out the last 3 numbers of pagani vins.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/