Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

yeah, that's kinda what i've seen. great engine for what it is though.

Put it in a miata 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I had a mix of Redline MT-90 and Redline Lightweight shockproof gear oil. Perhaps it would of been better with straight MT-90 but I doubt it... Anyway this ford stuff is awesome. If you ever have a minor gearbox problem I encourage you to try it. 

I have straight MT90, I've never been a fan of mixing. Engineers spend months or even years perfecting the formula, and then people go mixing it with other crap cause some guy in the internet said it's awesome...

about the Ford fluid, I read up on it before for the NC application, some people like it, others say it wears out in a few months.... so I decided to go with the full synthetic Redline fluid since tracking the car puts a lot of heat in it

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

engine related not car but look at whats powering this boat

02-Toledo-8-22-09-djw.jpg 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

if y'all wanna chime into this car related discussion do so here

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, warmmilk said:

I have straight MT90, I've never been a fan of mixing. Engineers spend months or even years perfecting the formula, and then people go mixing it with other crap cause some guy in the internet said it's awesome...

about the Ford fluid, I read up on it before for the NC application, some people like it, others say it wears out in a few months.... so I decided to go with the full synthetic Redline fluid since tracking the car puts a lot of heat in it

FM said to mix with the lightweight shockproof for better gear teeth protection so that's what I did especially since because I was new to the whole manual thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Ah. Maybe I should of mixed the ford fluid with the lightweight shockproof then :P meh I don't track mine so...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

18 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

These spacers are larger than my future. 

image.jpeg

image.png

Oh my god... 

Lepoo and his POS designs and crappy chop shop. Kinda sad how nobody tells him his cars look trashy. 

System: Thinkpad T460

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

On a different topic in seriously considering getting steel beaded brake lines instead of FH3

i mean i would, since my computer's way too garbage to run fh3 anyway.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Mmmm.. port that mofo bandicam 2016-09-17 11-56-47-412.jpg

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

13 hours ago, terrytek said:

all i did was hit a fucking rock.....

did you know that you can buy SLRR 2.3.1 on steam? its slowly getting steam workshop support and so far a lot of the mods from 2.2.1 mwm and 2.3.0 le should work 

and tbh seems more stable than the other versions ... even tho its unstable AF 

13 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

what game?

Street Legal Racing Redline 2.2.1 MWM 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

I have fh3....

1474117856449127144712.jpg

But if i try to launch it, a picture of a centenario apears and the horizon 3 dude goes "Welcome to horiz" and then i get an error saying that im too early and that i should Check the Microsoft store for the release date.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

did you know that you can buy SLRR 2.3.1 on steam? its slowly getting steam workshop support and so far a lot of the mods from 2.2.1 mwm and 2.3.0 le should work 

and tbh seems more stable than the other versions ... even tho its unstable AF 

Street Legal Racing Redline 2.2.1 MWM 

nah, i'm good. i like the modded versions much better. the stock game looks like shit, and the modded ones have tolerable skins. plus they come with the essential mods that would make it fun (of course i can add more if i want to), and plus, why buy the game when you can have modded versions for free?

38 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Disconnect your Ethernet, set your clock forward and see what happens when you launch it

HOLY F*CK YOU GENIOUS!!!!!

(Dosent work though, i still get the error and then the game closes)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Rip. Didn't think it would work but worth a shot

It could have worked because it is do obvious they could have forgotten....

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

25 minutes ago, terrytek said:

nah, i'm good. i like the modded versions much better. the stock game looks like shit, and the modded ones have tolerable skins. plus they come with the essential mods that would make it fun (of course i can add more if i want to), and plus, why buy the game when you can have modded versions for free?

i told you that the game is getting full steam workshop support aka no troubles installing mods ... also multiplayer is coming :P  (dunno when ... but the devs are saying that its coming after steam workshop )

imho the games UI does what it should do and doesnt look that bad (tbh i like the stock one way better than the modded skins) ... and from what i have heard you can easily make your own skin for the game 

If you think that the game needs mods to make it fun ... you aint playing it the right way.... but if i want mods ... i can get some (but i agree that the mods make it better)

you pay to have the most stable version of the game i have ever seem ... plus the features i mentioned .... oh and .... the game is getting better and better each update ... its getting more and more bugs fixed that you wont get fixed in your modded version that breaks every time you install a mod... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

i told you that the game is getting full steam workshop support aka no troubles installing mods ... also multiplayer is coming :P  (dunno when ... but the devs are saying that its coming after steam workshop )

imho the games UI does what it should do and doesnt look that bad ... and from what i have heard you can easily make your own skin for the game 

If you think that the game needs mods to make it fun ... you aint playing it the right way.... but if i want mods ... i can get some (but i agree that the mods make it better)

you pay to have the most stable version of the game i have ever seem ... plus the features i mentioned .... oh and .... the game is getting better and better each update ... its getting more and more bugs fixed that you wont get fixed in your modded version that breaks every time you install a mod... 

i think mods are the only way to make it fun. the stock cars are absolute garbage. and my modded game is actually quite stable with 220+ mods (i also noticed that there was a 256 mod limit, anything more, and your game refuses to run. i think that's a game engine limitation, not an actual game limitation). and all the features that the new game has can be retrofitted into my game. there are people who mod such things into older versions. i only stuck with 2.2.1 only because the aftermarket support is huge, unlike 2.3.0.

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i think mods are the only way to make it fun. the stock cars are absolute garbage. and my modded game is actually quite stable with 220+ mods (i also noticed that there was a 256 mod limit, anything more, and your game refuses to run. i think that's a game engine limitation, not an actual game limitation). and all the features that the new game has can be retrofitted into my game. there are people who mod such things into older versions. i only stuck with 2.2.1 only because the aftermarket support is huge, unlike 2.3.0.

you are making me think that you dont know how to play the game .... you can finish the ROC and have more than enough fun without any mods or cheats :P 

i dont think that anyone will mod the features to a different game .... i dont see the point ... it would be like putting free roam into NFS UG1 ... just go play NFS UG2 ... its better 

yeah ... engine limitations .... the hell did you expect .... the game is from 2003 -_- 

Well, the mini needs a new rear bumper :/

received_1191746040895696.jpeg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Going to look at the Saab tomorrow. Hella hyped

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Ok it's official, Matt isn't coming to AutoX tomorrow. :( so I put the steelies with the good tires on the Miata today. And oh my goodness my "alignment" issue where the car pulled to the left is gone! Wheel is perfectly straight going straight. To add to that, the 15" wheels with the bigger sidewalls are more comfortable than the 16's lol

so what's wrong with my daily wheels though? Is it the wheels or the tires? I didn't know tires could fake an alignment issue.

Also people who wanted to know what our shop looked like and the toolbox size, I got a pic of it. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Spoiler

It looks so weird with steelies lol, im almost embarrassed to have it parked in front of the house...

image.jpeg

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Ok it's official, Matt isn't coming to AutoX tomorrow. :( so I put the steelies with the good tires on the Miata today. And oh my goodness my "alignment" issue where the car pulled to the left is gone! Wheel is perfectly straight going straight. To add to that, the 15" wheels with the bigger sidewalls are more comfortable than the 16's lol

so what's wrong with my daily wheels though? Is it the wheels or the tires? I didn't know tires could fake an alignment issue.

Also people who wanted to know what our shop looked like and the toolbox size, I got a pic of it. 

If your tires have worn unevenly, they can totally fake alignment issues. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

holy f*ck! i was riding with dad in the dart and he went up the on ramp in 2nd gear doing a massive burnout, shifted to 3rd and kept the burnout going from the end of the on ramp across the three lanes of the highway and slowed down to 100kmh in the 4th lane... (im going to need new tires if we dont stop smoking those tyres soon.....)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server: