Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

14 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

BTW @bcredeur97 is your Miata a 1.6 or a 1.8?

1.8 w/VVT.

the 1.6 isn't available in the US since the original (1990) because Americans don't buy sports cars that get decent gas mileage. lol

Also with the newer (ND) miata it's the same case, I think they have a 1.5 and 2.0, but all the US gets is the 2.0L

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

20 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

1.8 w/VVT.

the 1.6 isn't available in the US since the original (1990) because Americans don't buy sports cars that get decent gas mileage. lol

Also with the newer (ND) miata it's the same case, I think they have a 1.5 and 2.0, but all the US gets is the 2.0L

I've driven the 1.5L ND, and I can tell that it is pretty decent. Rev happy, which is always nice, tail happy, which sometimes might not be a good thing, and, according to my brother, the steering is fukin amazing. And you can do 50MPG with it.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

5 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Good lord put it down.

4 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Mother of god

#BecauseRacecar

Mom saw a Turbo NA Miata and not only knew it was something I liked but recognized the generation, the type of car, and that it was turbod by the spool. I'm proud

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

16 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

#BecauseRacecar

>Mercedes

>Racecar

I arent think that (I know Mercedes does have cars in the GT3 and in the Blancpain series, but those arent the regular production cars you see around everyday)

I don't really know what this guy is trying to do, but he is so retarted he makes my brain hurt.

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Nearly a week has passed since this shot, and I'm slowly beginning to think that this is one of my best "works" this year. (the owner also said its well done)

@MEC-777 @Maybach123

Come to think of it, I don't personally even like half the stuff I post LOL. Maybe I'm just really burnt out.

It is one of my favorites that you have done

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Warthog aquired! (I got a key from my buddy, he is a massive halo fan but not a car guy)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

4 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I don't really know what this guy is trying to do, but he is so retarted he makes my brain hurt.

The engine is high mileage and he wants to swap in a new engine and do the build properly this time instead of being so haggardly done, but he's trying to blow the old one up so he has a reason to actually swap it. I'd do the same thing

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

32 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

They've trashed every single car they've come across. 

System: Thinkpad T460

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

urgent question -- can you get hub centric rings for wheels at local places? 

matt told me he might not make it sunday (but he's gonna try) but if he can't then im gonna put the steelies on and drive to AutoX with them. Trouble is there is no hub centric rings on them so it's gonna vibrate like crazy on the highway (it did on my corolla anyway and im sure on the miata it'll be much worse). So I was wondering if any local places might have them? 

Call all the local tire/wheel shops, you might get lucky.  

But you should know hubcentric ring don't do too much to stop vibration. They'll help cure it if it's a little bit. But if it's really bad it's more a sign of an unbalanced tire. Also using the right type of lugnuts for the wheel is important too. Chances are the steel wheel needs a different kinda lug nut than alloys 

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

7 hours ago, Strando123 said:

I just found out that i can buy headers for my car that end just behind the Front wheels (no more exhaust after that) but the Dart will end up being my daily soon so not sure if ditching a soundsystem and getting headers or just ditching a soundsystem and listening to the melody of a 440 with a stock exhaust?

i'd honestly keep a sound system in the car for those times i wanna listen to my music on long roadtrips (doubt you'll roadtrip a dart with a 440, but still even on those short trips music can be good) and just keep it off when you wanna listen to the car growl.

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

As promised.image.jpeg

damn, didn't think a miata could pull off grey, until i saw this. makes me realize how much a good car wash can make a car look much younger than it really is.

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

1.8 w/VVT.

sometimes i wish i had the older 1.8 from the older protege in mine because it can take boost better and its lighter too, assuming it's an aluminum block/head. and since it's essentially the same engine in the nb miata without vvt, i can use some miata parts and adapt it to protege use.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My luck fr

7 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

technically they only made 4 zonda special editions. The one offs are not considered special editions. How ever i will admit that they said they would stop making zondas long before they actually stopped.

The only problem I have with them doing it is that they say something will be the last one. But then they go on and make another one-off.

The Zonda was supposed to end production something like 8 years ago?

20 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

Call all the local tire/wheel shops, you might get lucky.  

But you should know hubcentric ring don't do too much to stop vibration. They'll help cure it if it's a little bit. But if it's really bad it's more a sign of an unbalanced tire. Also using the right type of lugnuts for the wheel is important too. Chances are the steel wheel needs a different kinda lug nut than alloys 

the corolla lug nuts were terrible so that could of been something to do with it. The miata lug nuts actually seemed to fit them better when I had them on @ autoX. So maybe it'll be fine. I haven't tried driving the miata with them on the highway. But that is good to hear.

Just changed the Transmission fluid in my miata to the magical ford fluid. And OH MY GOSH it's soooooo much smoother. It's like I got a new transmission. The gear stick slides right into every single gear like a knife through butter. The transmission wasn't necessarily stone cold like it is in the morning but I highly doubt my 1 -> 2 shift crunch problem will come back anytime soon. 

It's gonna take a lot to convince me to buy a different MTF now... it's that good. @warmmilk if you can put it in the NC, do it next time you need to change fluids. Thank me later. You should of tried it in the old trans with the bad syncros.. it's just that good lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Out with the green, in with the... Amber lol

image.jpeg

dont think I'll use redline fluids again lol, except maybe for the diff because that matters less. 

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

The only problem I have with them doing it is that they say something will be the last one. But then they go on and make another one-off.

The Zonda was supposed to end production something like 8 years ago?

they said it would be the last production zonda which was released 5 years ago, and it is technically true as the one offs are not considered production cars (they vary in style to much) I personally like the one offs as it allows us to see very different styles of the zonda. I am very very biased though

zonda2-copy.jpg

1_3.jpg?itok=mW9XAY3o

14341931359_e0631bfa61_b.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Anyone know how much an old 7.3L International Harvester diesel with an aftermarket Banks Turbo system and an AOD transmission is worth? My dad is tired of dealing with our old motorhome that now the roof leaks, and now there's a bad fuel leak, so he wants to part it out. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Just now, GlassBomb said:

apex the story of a hypercar

going to watch it soon i bought it on itunes.

5 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Also before I forget, this is what the dealer markups look like in Toronto. This NSX, pre-sold at Acura North Toronto, is supposedly specced with an additional $50K CAD in "options"

@MEC-777 @Midnitewarrior4

rip... the only reason i woudl go to toronto to buy a car is to pick up an fd rx7 ive been looking at :/

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

34 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i'd honestly keep a sound system in the car for those times i wanna listen to my music on long roadtrips (doubt you'll roadtrip a dart with a 440, but still even on those short trips music can be good) and just keep it off when you wanna listen to the car growl.

damn, didn't think a miata could pull off grey, until i saw this. makes me realize how much a good car wash can make a car look much younger than it really is.

sometimes i wish i had the older 1.8 from the older protege in mine because it can take boost better and its lighter too, assuming it's an aluminum block/head. and since it's essentially the same engine in the nb miata without vvt, i can use some miata parts and adapt it to protege use.

yeah man as soon as I saw this Miata I was shocked at just how nice the color was. Didn't expect it to look that great at first either. When I came home in it everyone else was surprised too, even my dad who hated everything mazda couldn't stop telling me how good it looked lol

and just fyi it looks better in person lol

I kind of wish I had the 1.6 for everyday traffic and general commuting, but I love the 1.8 when I put my foot down, and it sounds nice too. If I bought an ND, i'd really want that 1.5, it's just as fast as the old 1.8 miata's like mine and you can get 40+ US mpg in the things.. Though the 2.0 isn't that bad compared to mine either, the ND in general is a really solid daily driver.

Spoiler